I guess it's time for some runs of the Police model with SuperSteels

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
munchs

I guess it's time for some runs of the Police model with SuperSteels

Post by munchs »

I'd for go for a zdp model to start with. :cool:
Any other steels you would want to see them in?

I don't know if it's going to happen, but I think the Police model deserves for some runs with supersteels. :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Heck I would be happy with a SE H1 version with stainless handle. I know it wouldn't be a true Salt knife, but I'd like to have the H1 just for the serrations. Otherwise I think a Superblue sprint would be awesome.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
stalag2

Post by stalag2 »

Superblue peel ply cf Police 3 would be my grail-user.
Full H1 SE sounds cool too but then i would prefer the Police 3 pattern, the choil makes so much difference in terms of comfort and safety which is critical with slick SS handles.
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Evil D wrote:Heck I would be happy with a SE H1 version with stainless handle. I know it wouldn't be a true Salt knife, but I'd like to have the H1 just for the serrations. Otherwise I think a Superblue sprint would be awesome.
Give it titanium handles and it could be a Salt sprint
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
stalag2

Post by stalag2 »

Fluted sunburst TI Police 3 Superblue in PE with ffg, H1 SE Hollow ground ;)
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

Just give me original profile with wedge tip, tad thicker, bigger spydie hole.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Not sure I would want anything other than Superblue for a Japanese steel.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

I guess it would be a steel to compliment the true intent of the Police model , in my opinion a hard working steel for every day use in various environments . My guess some would not have a real interest in a high maintaince carbon steel but H1 may be the ticket . Sorry , just look at the intent of the model first , then a steel . Regards MG2
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

stalag2 wrote:Fluted sunburst TI Police 3 Superblue in PE with ffg, H1 SE Hollow ground ;)
Both of those knives would be quite expensive...and both would be worth every penny! :D
Holland

Post by Holland »

superblue would be an interesting concept
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Ed Ricketts

Post by Ed Ricketts »

Superblue for me, please.
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

How about a "pepper" version with Superblue blade and non-stainless steel handle so both parts can patinate in unison? Kidding.

But seriously, lots of folks here would jump at a ZDP Police with titanium handles. H-1 SE with yellow G-10?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would love a police3 with a very dark blue g10 handle (color of a police uniform) with super blue steel. I know it is not the exotic handle material many of you would choose but I would buy one in a heartbeat. It just seems to be the correct color and steel for the "police" model. ZDP would be cool too but doesn't follow the blue theme.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would love a police3 with a very dark blue g10 handle (color of a police uniform) with super blue steel. I know it is not the exotic handle material many of you would choose but I would buy one in a heartbeat. It just seems to be the correct color and steel for the "police" model. ZDP would be cool too but doesn't follow the blue theme.
Wow, almost exactly to the word the post I was just going to make, you beat me to it! Yes, dark blue G10 with SB, the thin super blue line! Cheers, Paul
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like it. It is conceptual, functional, practical and for me it would be affordable.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Yep. I think this is a cool idea and there seems to be a lot of support for a super blue police! I'd love to hear Sal chime in on this one.

I like the idea of titanium, but I think a stainless model or that dark blue like you guys are talking about would be awesome too. My only request is that it be a full super blue blade like the Calys and not laminated like the endura/delica.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I wouldn't mind a grey G10 SB version either, it keeps with the current SB color choice (both FRN and G10 versions, save for the exception of the Cruwear Military) and certainly allows for the opportunity for those who want the dark blue scales to just RIT dye them on their own. In that case, I'd have to buy two, one to keep in the grey and one to dye dark blue.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Bill1170 wrote:How about a "pepper" version with Superblue blade and non-stainless steel handle so both parts can patinate in unison? Kidding.

But seriously, lots of folks here would jump at a ZDP Police with titanium handles. H-1 SE with yellow G-10?

Kidding aside, I would probably buy ANY knife that Spyderco put out if it had copper scales and a non stainless blade.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David