BiFold C108P

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
dtoad

BiFold C108P

Post by dtoad »

RE: Spyderco BiFold C108P Auto

Geetings, for those of you that collect and/or attend various shows, how often does one run across these C108P auto's?

Im looking to add one of these right hand tip down pocket gems to my collection in the future. Anyone own, seen one recently, or have any info they may want to share, feel free to reply............

Those Who Know Carry Spyderco!
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

These are exceedingly rare. I think you're basically limited to knife shows at this point. I saw a few last year at the OKCA show in Eugene, Oregon. They were going somewhere around $150. It is a really neat piece of engineering. Getting your hands on one is rather difficult because they're classed as autos, and dealers generally wont ship across state lines.

Good luck!

Also, if you're into it because of the Perrin hole on a folder, Spyderco will soon have that covered in a much less legally-restricted way.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I've been looking for one of these too. But so far, I've never actually seen one in person, and rarely see them for sale anywhere.
:bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

The BiFold is a strange little knife, to be sure. A fairly thick blade with a low saber grind that's shorter than a Ladybug's, coupled with a totally unintuitive mechanism. Hold the top and bottom of the blade half with your right thumb and middle finger, then pull the trigger with your index finger and the handle flips back into your hand. Think Sal made them just for spite because the Feds gave him so much grief over them. FWIW, I showed mine to a couple cops in upstate NY, and they refused to believe it it was considered an auto.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

The Deacon wrote:The BiFold is a strange little knife, to be sure. A fairly thick blade with a low saber grind that's shorter than a Ladybug's, coupled with a totally unintuitive mechanism. Hold the top and bottom of the blade half with your right thumb and middle finger, then pull the trigger with your index finger and the handle flips back into your hand. Think Sal made them just for spite because the Feds gave him so much grief over them. FWIW, I showed mine to a couple cops in upstate NY, and they refused to believe it it was considered an auto.
Paul, thank you for the post, I enjoyed your site. Nice Job and collection to say the least.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Deacon wrote:The BiFold is a strange little knife, to be sure. A fairly thick blade with a low saber grind that's shorter than a Ladybug's, coupled with a totally unintuitive mechanism. Hold the top and bottom of the blade half with your right thumb and middle finger, then pull the trigger with your index finger and the handle flips back into your hand. Think Sal made them just for spite because the Feds gave him so much grief over them. FWIW, I showed mine to a couple cops in upstate NY, and they refused to believe it it was considered an auto.
Great description Paul, I think of it as an Auto Handle knife as the blade doesn't move when it opens. Nevertheless, the feds see it as an auto. :confused: Even stranger when you consider the Tekna micro knife retracting blade cover.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

test
Fish on!
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Here is a snap of a recent BI-Fold I have added to my auto collection. Love this little guy!

Fish on!
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

My Spyderco Auto collection continues to grow. This is my most treasured stash. Hope to complete and own a Autonomy some day :)

Bradley

Post by Bradley »

Wow, very nice collection! :eek:
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks