USPS *might* have lost my PM2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
buccilli15

USPS *might* have lost my PM2

Post by buccilli15 »

I finally found a PM2, in stock, at pre-PM2 rage pricing. The dealer only had one in stock in the color combo that I desired: digicam & satin. I ordered it right away.

Leave it to the USPS to mess things up! According to tracking on their website the package was in Detroit (I live 2 hrs north of Detroit) with scheduled delivery of 12/23. When it didn't arrive on 12/23, I tracked it again on 12/24 where it arrived at the USPS Chicago sort facility. Seriously? How does it go from Detroit to Chicago? :rolleyes: There hasn't been any updates to my tracking, with the last package scan on 12/24. I spent 50 min. on hold with the USPS customer service number only to get told "it could be lost" and "call back after 5 days has passed since last scan". Thanks, man, that was helpful :mad:

Hopefully it shows up and it is just due to the busy holiday season.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

They are incredibly busy right now. I had a knife take a week over the 3 day priority ship date with tracking not making any sense and that was last month. Even UPS and FedEx are in some on time problems right now. Happens every year. Hang tight.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Don't give up. I've always had good experiences with the USPS. I just had a glitch in the outgoing shipping of a $550 knife just before Christmas. But the people at the local PO where it was going were very helpful in tracking it down and getting it delivered before Christmas. They've been very busy, so hopefully it will get sorted out, and get to you soon.
:bug-red-white
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

They're busy. Just give it time. You'll get it
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

I'm staying optimistic. It was very puzzling when it shipped to Chicago, given the very close proximity to the destination.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Unfortunately, I think I may have you beat on this one (meaning I really feel your pain!)... I was due a Lil' Temp that I managed to track down at a non-insane price at my door by the USPS on 12/13 (2 weeks ago). It was lost in transit from the local sorting facility to our town PO :( . The fellow that sold it to me even sent me a picture of the box as he was sending it from his PO. I have of course given all my info, that pic, etc. to my local folks and now know my postmaster very well, but still no sign. They say it dropped through the nets, ... f-ing nets. I hope you have better luck than me! Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
buccilli15

Post by buccilli15 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Unfortunately, I think I may have you beat on this one (meaning I really feel your pain!)... I was due a Lil' Temp that I managed to track down at a non-insane price at my door by the USPS on 12/13 (2 weeks ago). It was lost in transit from the local sorting facility to our town PO :( . The fellow that sold it to me even sent me a picture of the box as he was sending it from his PO. I have of course given all my info, that pic, etc. to my local folks and now know my postmaster very well, but still no sign. They say it dropped through the nets, ... f-ing nets. I hope you have better luck than me! Cheers, Radioactive
Ouch :(
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

FCM415 wrote:They are incredibly busy right now. I had a knife take a week over the 3 day priority ship date with tracking not making any sense and that was last month. Even UPS and FedEx are in some on time problems right now. Happens every year. Hang tight.
This ^^^^

I've had something similar happen twice in the last 2 weeks.
txman321

Post by txman321 »

This happend to me last week i ordered my para2 on the 19th And I didnt get it until the 26th usps said they are supposedly 2 weeks behind schedule
Havoc

Post by Havoc »

I work with a very similar company to UPS. It's not uncommon to send shipments to farther locations if the closest distribution center is overwhelmed with volume. This can happen because of anything from lack of personnel, machinery malfunctions, to severe weather. If your two hours from Detroit I'm sure there was another sorting station your product would have had to stop at before they put it out for delivery. They likely sent the entire truck to Chicago instead of unloading it in Detroit to try and utilize their other locations to help Detroit get caught up.

I wouldn't panicked yet, but definitely expect a late delivery.
Manchu

Post by Manchu »

Since budget cuts went into full-swing I've come to expect two things with USPS…bogus tracking, and crazy late deliveries. Jus sayin
Keep Up The Fire!!

:spyder: : Janich/Snody Ronin, Chinook II (2/ea.), Manix (1st gen.), Persian (1st gen), UKPK-G10/orange, UKPK-G10/fg, Southard, Gayle Bradley, Goddard OD Lightweight Sprint Run

**Sent from a remote location using smoke signals.**
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I think instead of whinning about all the money they're losing and wanting to go to five day delivery they should be split up and put on seven day delivery and work a swing shift like everyone else is forced to now. I don't have anything for the Postal Service. I stayed on their registry six. years after taking the test two times and making in the mid nineties both times with my Military preference since I'm retired MiliitaryDuring the mean time I watched them hire a nineteen year old kid the post madter's Fathher and a girl who lived across the street from the post office and she and her husband were friends with the post master at that location.Oh and I never heard from them other than my two test scores.
You may eventually get your knife if it wasn't stolen or re addressed to a bogus address to be picked up by a friend of someone at USPS
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I usually don't track packages unless it's way off the delivery date. The route rarely makes sense nor do the check-in times.