Seen any great Spyderco knife Cyber Mon or later deals you couldn't resist?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Seen any great Spyderco knife Cyber Mon or later deals you couldn't resist?

Post by DougC-3 »

What interesting Spyderco deals have you seen in the last couple of days that you couldn't resist or wished you hadn't resisted?

I was just about to post about the $99.95 deal on a Nishijin Chinese Lum at KC when I saw dgebler's thread on the $99.95 Yojimbo 2 at BHQ. I wanted but resisted the nishijin Lum. The Yo2 deal was on again off again ("sold out") during the day for some reason, but it was on when I happened by around 3:30 PM and I didn't resist :o

I was able to explain to my wife that I saved $125 by not waiting on the CF S90V model :D Seriously, I think I may want to do a minor version of Evil D's mod, and I would be very reluctant to mess around with a $225 knife.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Invective

Post by Invective »

HKS has some stuff on great discounts, Enuff Sheepsfoot, G-10 Puuko and SE Manbug all at great prices.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Invective wrote:HKS has some stuff on great discounts, Enuff Sheepsfoot, G-10 Puuko and SE Manbug all at great prices.
I saw this one too and almost can't resist.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Invective

Post by Invective »

xceptnl wrote:I saw this one too and almost can't resist.
Same, I had them both in my cart and then realized, wait, I don't even know what I would use them for, I never go kayaking or anything so I figured might as well leave them for someone else who will actually use it. Really hard to pass up thought just because of the price
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Invective wrote:Same, I had them both in my cart and then realized, wait, I don't even know what I would use them for, I never go kayaking or anything so I figured might as well leave them for someone else who will actually use it. Really hard to pass up thought just because of the price
I had a similar experience hah.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Invective wrote:HKS has some stuff on great discounts, Enuff Sheepsfoot, G-10 Puuko and SE Manbug all at great prices.
Dang, I just tried to get one of the h1 models for my kayak but they're out of stock. :(
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I hooked up some buddies at another forum with $50 P'kal trainers from NGK...hope karma counts for something in Spydieland :spyder:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm being tortured by the Lum Chinese Nishijin. :(
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

I ordered one of the G-10 Puukkos from Howes. Have been wanting one for awhile and couldn't pass it up for the price.

Tom
DesertDweller

Post by DesertDweller »

I ordered an $84 Khalsa on Amazon, thinking for sure it was a mislabel or mistake. It's been shipped, and I expect it Thursday. Now, to see what knife shows up! Fingers crossed...
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Bah! All of the SE Manbugs for $19.99 are long gone from Howe's. :( I really need to get one of those smart-phone things with that new-fangled internet business so I can shop on the fly. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

SpyderNut wrote:Bah! All of the SE Manbugs for $19.99 are long gone from Howe's. :( I really need to get one of those smart-phone things with that new-fangled internet business so I can shop on the fly. ;)
Yeah, I missed out on that one too, bummer. My own fault -- I had emails about most of these things, didn't see anything I wanted in the first few I checked, didn't feel like going through literally "2000 items at 20% off," at KC, etc, (didn't think I could spend more $) but lucked up at the last minute on the Yo2 with the help of more sharp eyed forumites :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Blerv wrote:I'm being tortured by the Lum Chinese Nishijin. :(
I was also tortured, but was weak and gave in.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I was able to resist to Hungarian Folder for $175 @ and some other good deals NGK.
I was able to resist Black Bladed Manix XL for $108 and some other good deals @ Howes
But I couldn't resist YO2 for $99 @ BQ. I wanted this knife for a long time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I had put the sole remaining Enuff H1 Sheepsfoot from HKS in my shopping cart yesterday, but in spite of the fantastic price I decided to remove it and let someone else get it, since I already had one. For all of the folks who missed out on an Aqua Salt and wanted one, the H1 Enuff is not quite as long but serves pretty well around water. I just have a *really* hard time passing up a good deal just because I already have that model :) . And I had just purchased the G10 Puukko from HKS a few weeks ago, already at a pretty good price but yesterday's pricing was even better.

Got to save at least a few dollars for all of those new models coming next year (plus the blue Nishijin/damascus Stretch I have on the way, and the black one I have on preorder...)
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

bh49 wrote:...But I couldn't resist YO2 for $99 @ BQ. I wanted this knife for a long time.
Nice grab Roman. It is a great utility knife IMO.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

xceptnl wrote:Nice grab Roman. It is a great utility knife IMO.
This is why I couldn't resist any longer. It also look good. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I like KC's "Cyber Humpday" idea, but could only find Spyderco Embassy (2 models), Bug, and Honeybee, on the 12th of 13pp (alphabetical) :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi, I'll share the positive results of my recent "couldn't resist this on eBay" purchase that I made purely out of sheer curiosity and the great hope that some luck might come my way on this one (it must happen occasionally...). First, here's the listing if you are curious:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SPYDERCO-C3 ... 1057346545

The listing picture is all kinds of screwed up, but the catalog number and more importantly the price caught my attention (the listing is for a fluted Ti Millie, C36TIFP, how could I resist...) And here's what came in the mail today:

It certainly looks and feels fully authentic to me (the whitish Spydie on the blade is a picture artifact). The box gives a creation date of "JM", for October 2013. I will be posting more pics of this new find, along with my blue fluted Ti Millie and standard Ti Millie in the other thread I started titled "Fluted Ti Military Color Change: No More Blue". There are still two more available, BTW, but you didn't hear that from me ;) . Cheers, Radioactive
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

They still have one left. Somebody should snap it up. Too bad I'm not a fluted Ti fan. If they had a plain Ti at half the going price, I'd nab it. It's tempting to get it as an investment -- if they sent you the plain Ti, you could return it on the grounds that the listing SKU was for a fluted one.

The only other one I see listed is selling priced at twice that, while another plain Ti is selling at what you paid for this one.!

Edit: forgot to say Congratulations! I once saw a listing for a Blue ZDP Stretch at Rakuten (Buy.com) with a Centofante pictured. I thought it might really be the blue one and no one had bought it because of the Centofante pic. I ordered it and they sent me the British Racing Green one, which I already had :(