2014 Catalog Discussion

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Skidoosh

2014 Catalog Discussion

Post by Skidoosh »

Right of of the gate the Tusk looks awesome. Love the tumbled stonewash finish. Any experience with the steel?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Good question. Never heard of it, but looks quite interesting. And how about that Worker? I love the color, too.
- best wishes, Jazz.
free2game

Post by free2game »

This looks cool. The tatanka looks really cool, but looks a bit big for me. I'd prefer a version with a 4inch blade. Hope the powerlock shows up in some other models because it looks like a really solid principle.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Can't wait for the Kiwi 4. :D
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Definitely some surprises:
-Worker sprint, great color
-Firefly looks interesting
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Battlestation and Kiwi4 are must haves for me.
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Firefly looks sweet, (not quite as sweet as that FFG black manix) wonder what the msrp will be?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

WORKER Sprint is nice. Need to get one
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Alnamvet68

Post by Alnamvet68 »

I have my eye on the re-introduced Worker in VG10 and green G10. That folding pocket meat cleaver, the ROC, has also gotten my attention.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Manix2 now FFG and skeletonized liners.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

free2game wrote:Image

This looks cool. The tatanka looks really cool, but looks a bit big for me. I'd prefer a version with a 4inch blade. Hope the powerlock shows up in some other models because it looks like a really solid principle.
Like maybe, a Chinook 4?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

this catalog reminds me of how everyone yada yadas before football season about ridiculous what if's and once the first kickoff happens...it is time to discuss reality! Man, this catalog rocks!! I am intrigued by the Double Bevel as well, but right now it is Battlestation and Kiwi4 must have and will probably grab FFG Manix 2 and hopefully the Double Bevel
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The Tatanka is shocking!
I really like the Mike Draper. Also might buy the Roc and the Battlestation for their unusual designs.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Wow. Just wow! :eek: :eek: I am so blown away right now. I actually read an article about Peter Carey and his knife, the Firefly, just this morning! How crazy is that?! I think it's just the knife gods' way of telling me that I need to own this knife. ;) And carbon fiber bolsters? How sweet is that! I also love the custom pocket clip. The Firefly is definitely on my wish-list for '14. :D

Here are the other "must-have" designs for 2014 (in no particular order):

1. Kiwi
2. Tusk
3. Roc
4. Double Bevel
5. Hungarian Folder
6. Clipitools (all three variations)
7. Autonomy

P.S. I just got done showing my wife the '14 catalog. She said (with a knowing smile), "Oh great. There goes a few thousand dollars this year." :D ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I'll defintely plan on getting
Tusk
new CF version of the Sage 3
Chaparral 3
possibly the Battlestation (reminds me of a Chinook)
Kiwi4
Firefly
of course the Tatanka to experience the powerlock
aw why not, the Mike Draper too :)
Serrata

Not to mention the inevitable surprised sprint/exclusives and mid-year supplements.
Going to be an expensive year :D

I didn't see the Native 5 S110V fluted CF, I thought that was going to be a standard production item? It is just a sprint run?
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

On the page with the upcoming SuperBlue lightweights (Stretch, Dragonfly, Manbug, Ladybug) they appear to have solid SuperBlue blades as opposed to the Laminated D4/E4. Any word on whether or not they're laminated? It won't turn me off at all, but I expected them to follow in the same footprint as the D4/E4.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Definitely a couple thousand at least, not including the quarterly releases! tusk, sage3 cf, firefly, tatanka mike draper, stretch superblue and worker on my list! I better get a second job soon!!! :eek:
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

3rdGenRigger wrote:On the page with the upcoming SuperBlue lightweights (Stretch, Dragonfly, Manbug, Ladybug) they appear to have solid SuperBlue blades as opposed to the Laminated D4/E4. Any word on whether or not they're laminated? It won't turn me off at all, but I expected them to follow in the same footprint as the D4/E4.
I believe all of those models in the catalog will be laminated SB. Same maker, same method. ;)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I'll carry the Stretch I have preordered more if it's laminated, simply because of the extra corrosion resistance, and I like the appearance of the 2 metals wearing differently. I'm super stoked about it...enough so that I may just have to pair it with a Dragonfly to directly compare it to my ZDP-189 Dragonfly.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Very excited for the worker, tusk, and i still need to get a domino!! Not a good year to be in school