We need a Caly 3.75

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RanCoWeAla

We need a Caly 3.75

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I think the Caly 3.5 is the most perfect knife Spyderco makes.However it would be most interesting to see what a knife half way between the Calypso and the Caly 3.5 would be like. I think the Calypso is too large but it would be interesting to see what a knife half way between the Caly 3.5 and the Calypso would be like and then the Caly family would be complete also.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

All day long and twice on Sunday. Would be epic. Something about us Alabama boys and Calys, eh? I used to work at a restaurant Butler's Dam in Wedowee washing dishes when I was in college at Auburn (93-97). Did I assume correctly your name means Randolph County Wedowee Alabama??
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Yea baby! Bring on the 3.75 and ill take at least two.
I also love my 3.5 but feel the Calypso is a little to long and lean and loses some of the Caly style without the wire clip.
If we go this route, I vote for CF scales, but stick with VG-10 (or H-1).
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am not sure that I need it, but certainly will buy in VG10/G10 configuration.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Holland

Post by Holland »

bh49 wrote:I am not sure that I need it, but certainly will buy in VG10/G10 configuration.
thats the spirit :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

I'd rather like to see a smaller Stretch in Delica size with peel-ply carbonfiber and ZDP-189.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and beautiful knives. The rest I just squandered."
Slightly modified, R.I.P. George Best.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

For me it would be really close to the Military as far as usable blade goes, however much like Roman I would still have to buy one.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Wouldn't mind a Caly 3 5/16" myself
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

xceptnl wrote:For me it would be really close to the Military as far as usable blade goes, however much like Roman I would still have to buy one.
I agree as far as usable blade length this will be similar to the military but the handle size/shape/geometry is different enough in my opinion to justify this as a different model.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I don't need it. But I'll take two if it has a wire clip like the rest of the Caly family. I skipped the sprint Calypso because of the standard clip.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Let's think about this, the 3.5 is almost an Endura blade packed into a Delica handle. The handle would easily still be smaller than an Endura, but would be the same size blade. That would make it a real winner in my book
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

IMHO, a quarter inch doesn't make a big difference besides severely limiting it's legal carry.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Great suggestion :) I'm in :D
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Holland wrote:thats the spirit :D
xceptnl wrote:For me it would be really close to the Military as far as usable blade goes, however much like Roman I would still have to buy one.
How can we pass, if we love Caly family :)
Blerv wrote:IMHO, a quarter inch doesn't make a big difference besides severely limiting it's legal carry.
+1
Fortunately for me, there is 4" limit in my state. Also 3.75" Caly would take some sale away from Caly3.5. So probably will be better to make totally different model with 3.75" blade. G10 ATR with or without cobra hood sounds good for me.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

IG-88 wrote:Image

Great suggestion :) I'm in :D
Thanks for the picture. Very nice but see the huge jump in blade length from the Caly 3.5 to the Calypso. We need the 3.75 for the family to be complete.But try to retain the same ergos as the 3.5 as much as possible because whoever said the Calypso was too long and lean and loses some of that hit the nail right on the head.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

The 3.5 was made because of requests for a longer Caly3. I cant tell if it would be a hit sales wise but I'd buy an even longer Caly. I like longer blades. No limits in CA other than ordinances in the nuttiest parts like LA so Im good there!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

bh49 wrote:G10 ATR with or without cobra hood sounds good for me.
Bada bing :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

bh49 wrote:How can we pass, if we love Caly family :)
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. It would be an immediate addition to the already great Caly lineup, and I would like to add that more sprints in any of the Caly sizes, be it 3", 3.5", 3.75" or 4" (drool...), would be really great to see! Dark blue, burgundy, or dark green G10, fluted Ti, peel ply CF, whatever... come on Sal, no other creation of yours has such a devout and pure following in the Spyderdom as your Caly-ites, yet you bestow so many sprints on the Millies, PM2's and Manix devotees. Pretty please... :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
speedcut

Post by speedcut »

Gimme 3.75 lenghth... I'm tired of all this political corectness... :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I don't care about PC. I care about not getting felonies ;) . If people want it and Spyderco can sell it, cool! .25" isn't much of a difference tho..