Heads up: Stretch Blue Glass Fiber w/ Damascus Blade Coming End of November...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Heads up: Stretch Blue Glass Fiber w/ Damascus Blade Coming End of November...

Post by SpyderNut »

Just got an e-mail from Howe's:

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyderco/ ... -november/

Looks pretty sweet! That glass fiber is beautiful material--especially when mated with that wavy damascus steel. :D MSRP is $369.95, but Howe's sale price will be $214.57. Looks like they're only expecting to get twelve of these in, though... So, first to the finish then? ;) :D :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Awesome! Those both look completely amazing. I wish so much that I could afford one of each colour...I can't though, so SuperBlue stretch for me instead (Already pre-ordered).
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Sold out already?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

jalcon wrote:Sold out already?
No, not yet. It looks like they won't be released until the end of November.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

So this is a distributor exclusive? And that distributor (howes) is getting in 12?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Not a big fan of that glass fiber stuff, but man that blade is sexy. I'll have that with peel ply CF please :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Rider675

Post by Rider675 »

Nishijin is my favorite handle material aesthetically, no traction though. I wonder if the surface can be textured without distorting the view. This might be the best looking Spyderco imo, the Stretch defiantly grows on you.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

jalcon wrote:So this is a distributor exclusive? And that distributor (howes) is getting in 12?
Howes is a dealer, not a distributor. Either Howes gets their knives from the distributor who commissioned this particular run or else Howes has 12 collectors club numbers and so will be getting the 12 through the CC program.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

They will be availble in Blue or Black Nishijin. Hard choice... I think I do prefer the black one.
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

My understanding is that this is not a dealer exclusive but a sprint run which I also think was in the mid year supplement. This is available for pre-order at other dealers as well, I know BladeHQ has this as well...Please correct me if I am wrong here.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

I have the mid year catalogue here and there are no Damascus Stretch mentionned, Damascus Endura and blue Nishijin Sprint Spin and Cricket are in there.

Howe mentions both as Dealer Exclusives. Maybe 600 blue and 600 black for Moteg. Can anyone shead some light on this?
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

IG-88 wrote:I have the mid year catalogue here and there are no Damascus Stretch mentionned, Damascus Endura and blue Nishijin Sprint Spin and Cricket are in there.

Howe mentions both as Dealer Exclusives. Maybe 600 blue and 600 black for Moteg. Can anyone shead some light on this?
The dealer or distributer exclusive models do not get into the Spyderco catalogs. Not sure why. I don't think you can order them directly from SFO like you can standard models. Spyderco sells every knife to whoever asks for a specific model configuration I think so since they can't be purchased from Spyderco they don't get into the catalog (printed or web). This is about as accurate as I understand it and don't swear by it.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I can't see a picture on Howe's. Might be because I'm on my tablet now. Can anyone post a picture in this thread? I may need to work something out to get one of these. I'll have to check to see which convenience stores security cameras are not working? :)

Jack
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

As noted, they're not in either the regular 2013 catalog or the Mid Year Supplement, so I suspect they're Exclusives. But, assuming that's the case, they're almost certainly distributor Exclusives rather than dealer Exclusives, since several dealers in addition to Howe's show them as "coming soon", and at least one is taking pre-orders for them. 600 each of the blue and black is probably the minimum number possible, but more of each is certainly possible.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Great news! Since retiring I am able to carry +3" blades and I have really enjoyed carrying and using my Super Blue Endura.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

KW and BladeHQ both have it listed on their sites as well, doesn't sound like an exclusive to me. I think we aren't supposed to hot-link directly to another site's images, but BladeHQ has some pics on their product page: Blue Nishijin Stretch
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Pinetreebbs wrote:Great news! Since retiring I am able to carry +3" blades and I have really enjoyed carrying and using my Super Blue Stretch.
I didn't think the Super Blue Stretch had dropped yet.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Ferris Wheels wrote:I didn't think the Super Blue Stretch had dropped yet.
You are correct, it was the Endura, thanks!
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

jackknifeh wrote:I can't see a picture on Howe's. Might be because I'm on my tablet now. Can anyone post a picture in this thread? I may need to work something out to get one of these. I'll have to check to see which convenience stores security cameras are not working? :)

Jack
I had posted pics of both of these in the other thread running on the Nishijin Damascus Stretches ("ETA on the Damascus Stretch Sprint").

Blade HQ notified me of pre-order opportunity last week BTW, for those looking around for them, price was higher than Howes at $235 or so.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

Has the Stretch ever been issued in g-10? The Stretch in any form is a great knife for EDC.