Can we bring back the "MILITARY"

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Can we bring back the "MILITARY"

Post by xceptnl »

I love my first military model and didn't realize until much later how rare my first model was. Sal, can we get a throwback run for 2014 with the logo returning to the blade? Just a thought...
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Throwback millie sounds cool. I wouldn't mind an ATS-34 millie. 440V SE would be cool too. Always wanted to try SE 440V. I wouldn't even mind if spyderco put S60V instead. Never remember to EDC my 440V milllie. I think I'll make that a point.
black

Post by black »

I've been looking for a 440V SE for a while myself.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I kinda like the idea of putting a name logo on every knife but it would get cluttered up pretty fast.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Evil D wrote:I kinda like the idea of putting a name logo on every knife but it would get cluttered up pretty fast.
Not if it was small, and stamped on the blade where the steel, etc. is. I wish for this on all models.
- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jazz wrote:Not if it was small, and stamped on the blade where the steel, etc. is. I wish for this on all models.
Yeah it would be cool. Have you seen the tang on the Super blue Delica though? It says SUPERBLUE/420J2, not much room for anything else lol.
~David
Donut

Post by Donut »

VashHash wrote:Throwback millie sounds cool. I wouldn't mind an ATS-34 millie. 440V SE would be cool too. Always wanted to try SE 440V. I wouldn't even mind if spyderco put S60V instead. Never remember to EDC my 440V milllie. I think I'll make that a point.
An old school tribute Military sounds nice. For my own reasons, an ATS-34 military would be nice. I always wanted to use FFG 154cm and found out that 154cm is an american remake of ATS-34.

Why don't we mix old school and new school and do CPM 154?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Donut wrote:....Why don't we mix old school and new school and do CPM 154?
Now we are talking the same language. I was just speaking to the "Military" logo and omitting the bug on the blade. This in addition to a new/retro steel would blow my mind and if possibly the old style blocky jimping would show up I don't think I would be able to contain myself. Along the same lines as Donut's thinking, we could use CTS-B75P as a modern update to the old BG-42.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Bigwill857

Post by Bigwill857 »

If the steel companies could make a steel with the properties of cpm 3v and add more chromium, I think it would be some killer steel for actual military uses. I have personally used s30v to cut up tents(long story), countless packages, medical supplies, uniform stuff, shave fingernails, etc. I would like to see a military with a back lock. Liner lock can cause your gloved hands(and not those cute tactical mechanic gloves you guys like) stuck and make it a pain to close. Hence the reason I sold my military and kept the native. I also home for a native xl. Olive drab would be sweet.
:spyder:

WANTED: Spyderco Native XL with olive drab FRN! :D
Invective

Post by Invective »

VashHash wrote:Throwback millie sounds cool. I wouldn't mind an ATS-34 millie. 440V SE would be cool too. Always wanted to try SE 440V. I wouldn't even mind if spyderco put S60V instead. Never remember to EDC my 440V milllie. I think I'll make that a point.
black wrote:I've been looking for a 440V SE for a while myself.
From my experiences with my SE 440V Native, it's a pain and a half to sharpen. I've just about run down the corners for my diamond stones. I guess when my other experiences with SE are AUS-8 and AUS-6 though, 440V is quite a step up haha.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

xceptnl wrote:Now we are talking the same language. I was just speaking to the "Military" logo and omitting the bug on the blade. This in addition to a new/retro steel would blow my mind and if possibly the old style blocky jimping would show up I don't think I would be able to contain myself. Along the same lines as Donut's thinking, we could use CTS-B75P as a modern update to the old BG-42.
No no no, I want BG-42 at 62 or so HRC. :spyder:
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

440v serrated or combo edge with MILITARY on the blade and I'd buy for sure.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Throwback Millie with the MILITARY logo... In CPM-154...

Yes please!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Michael Cook

Y.m.m.v.

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: I didn't buy a military until the logo came off. I carry for S.D. and the word "military" would scare a jury should I ever need to use lethal force to stop a threat or attack on myself or loved ones. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I just want one because I'm relatively new to Spyderco and never had the logo'd Millie. I'm not even into logos that make a mess of a blade but I would jump on a logo'd Millie. Classic.

I don't carry just for SD in fact it's back there in the list of reasons why I do carry but of course, you never know and it is good to have options. If I ever did use a Military with the logo or any knife to defend myself, my actions will speak for themselves.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

As I recall, so many people complained about the "MILITARY" on the blade, the powers that be removed it after a while. Some of the issues, as I recall, "people look at me funny when I take it out and the (MILITARY) doesn't help".

...........but I would go for one in BG42. NOT 440V!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Bigwill857

Post by Bigwill857 »

Is that bp75 as good as bg42? I like the carpenter steels. Good stuff.
:spyder:

WANTED: Spyderco Native XL with olive drab FRN! :D
djtzar

Post by djtzar »

BIG Military fan , why not bring one out with MILITARY on the top part of the blade ? My 2c (and HEY my first post)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: I didn't buy a military until the logo came off. I carry for S.D. and the word "military" would scare a jury should I ever need to use lethal force to stop a threat or attack on myself or loved ones. :spyder:
That's a pretty good thought, but I can guarantee you the prosecution would no doubt look up the knife and find it's name and such, same as if you used a Yojimbo 2 and they found info about it being designed for self defense. I doubt the loss of a name on the blade would protect you at all.
~David
Austinaftermath

Post by Austinaftermath »