Who still carries their first spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

Who still carries their first spydie?

Post by tonydahose »

I decided to start carrying my first spydie again. I bought this endura when I bought my firearm in the police academy. It went back to Golden a few times before I learned how to sharpen it myself. IIRC i think a few serrations were chipped away too. Anyways here it is, not a pretty picture but it works, just like the knife :) .

WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I would still carry my original Q if it hadn't "disappeared" from my pocket on a crowded bus. I still carry my second Spydie, a blue SE Delica 3, from time to time.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I do not carry my Native, but use it once in a while. It is my car resident. Helped me fix my driveway last summer. I opened 21 bags with patch during two days. Sharpened it twice. It looks almost like a new :)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Kweb

Post by Kweb »

I still carry my native in my rotation
My :spyder:'s : Sage 1, Native 4, Cricket, Dragonfly 2, Tenacious, Persistence Blue, Jason Breeden Rescue, Cat, Delica 4 Grey FFG, Renegade, CF Dodo, Orange Endura 4 FFG, Lum Chinese Folder
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

My first SS CO1 Worker has long since been replaced by G-10 and CF handled models. It now resides in my keepsake box and serves as a reminder of the fun times I had way back then.
KrisOK

Post by KrisOK »

Unfortunately, my first Spydie (an original SS Endura) was long since sacrificed to the Lake Gods. BUT..... It was in looking for a replacement that my eyes were opened to the Wide World of Spyderco. Had I not lost that knife, It might still be the only Spydie that I own instead of the 100+ that I now have.
EDC Everything! Our knives are TOOLS, not 'Objects d'art'. A 'Safe Queen' is an implied insult to the designer/manufacturer.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I do
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

My girlfriends' 14 year old son is carrying my first spydie, an orange delica. I don't carry it anymore, but it's still in the family.
Invective

Post by Invective »

Well I just joined the Spydie game last year so it'd be a shame if I didn't carry my first one. Right now it is on the EDC shelf but my G-10 Jester gets swapped out with a ZDP Ladybug every month or so. They share lanyard duty. Probably my most used knife
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Yup Caly3 CF carried it today as a matter a fact.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I gave my first spydie to my brother. He carries it everyday as far as I know. Okay, maybe not everyday but a lot. I still carry my 2nd spyderco a PM2 in camo.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Not hard for me as I'm only a few years in, but I do in fact still carry the Stretch. Still need to send it in to Golden to have them look at the clip holes.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

My first is a Delica and although I use it from time to time my wife has adopted all my Delicas so she uses it the most.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I still carry mine occasionally and it's in great shape for an Endura from 1992. I still like the base G2/Gin 1 steel and the heat treat/hardness as it was. It got me interested in stainless steels which I had stopped taking seriously by then. I recall the paperwork or something that came with it gave the composition and a paragraph about the steel. I was much more interested in D2, M2, and Vascowear and was stymied in my attempts to actually get a "V" steel Gerber Sportsman 2. ( that took me until around 2005-6 before I finally got one though I had 2 customs by then) I immediately liked the grain structure of the Gin 1 in comparison to 440C, yet thought it had better wear than 440A.

Though I have a fondness for my first Spyderco I do like the modern Enduras and the VG10 FFG blades better in a bunch of ways. I still get the oldest one out to carry around the house.

The VG10 Endura FFG is probably my most carried and used folder. Cruwear millie will bump it for a while at least but it's difficult for me to not have an Endura around with me. I'd rather carry 2 folders than go without one of my Enduras.

I could have worse issues I suppose. :)

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Yes, the PM2 20CP still sees some action
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

This thread caused me to go & dig out my first Spydie, which by the way I don't carry anymore.
It is SS handled Stretch with a VG10 blade & kraton inserts. It has dino jimping too I see. At the time I thought it too heavy, so I bought a Ladybug & it was too small, so I bought a Dragonfly which was pretty good for a long time.
I was bitten & continued to buy knives from Spyderco on whims & wants. It was at about knife fifteen that I found my perfect fit in a Centofante 4, I carry that almost to the exclusion of others except for an M4 Knifeworks Military.
I had 2 new ones come in the mail yesterday & there are plans for more. My poor old Stretch just gets buried deeper & deeper in the knife drawer :(
O.
benben

Post by benben »

I still carry my SE Cricket and my Wegner Jr. from time to time. Those were my first two. The Wegner is the only knife that
I worry about carrying, I would hate to lose it ! Would love to see an updated sprint of the Wegner Jr. with maybe VG-10, a
wire clip and a larger opening hole. It's a great size carry knife.
benben
greyhulk

Post by greyhulk »

My Delica 4 ffg orange was my first spyderco and I carry it all the time either in my pocket or in my backpack.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

PE Native, gift from the girlfriend (now wife). Still gets carried, lots of life left in it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Nope. My first was a used Peter Herbst, which I bought out of curiosity. Quickly discovered that the only thing I liked about it was the Spyderhole opener, so it's been relegated to a drawer ever since. OTOH, do still use a S30V Native and an all stainless Kiwi, both purchased shortly thereafter. The Kiwi served for years as my "coffee table knife", was later engraved by A. Montejano, and now gets carried occasionally.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!