The Ulize has landed

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Welcome Ulrich! I must say I carry mine now and then and everytime i'm surprised by the awesome ergos on this knife, also... the grind is freaking sweet! Thx for the nice knife!
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I carried mine up to the point that it wasn't as sharp as I wanted it, then realized my Edge Pro just isn't the tool to sharpen recurves. One of my next purchases is going to be a Sharpmaker, so hopefully that'll get it back in my pocket.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ulrich Hennicke wrote:It is verry nice to read all this positv words about the ULIZE, it is verry nice to work with Spyderco together, they made a verry good job on it, Thanks.
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for creating such a great knife. I still carry mine all the time. I've switched the clip to tip down which help speed up deployment dramatically.

Evil D, I can't recommend the sharp maker enough for work on blades like the Ulize. I just got the Karahawk and sharpened it to hair shaving sharp.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Been looking at the Ulize, but have too many others on my priority list for now! Maybe at the end of this year?! :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome to the Forum, Ulrich! It's very nice to see you here. I've admired the Ulize several times. I'll hopefully add one to the ol' collection one of these days. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I have handled the Ulize MANY times but sadly don't own one. I truly wish Spyderco would consider a serrated or partial serrated version with the teeth right in the inside of the curve. I know that serrated recurves are not easy to sharpen...is JD Spydo in the house? The ergos are as good as the best like the Dodo, Caly 3.5, ect
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

twinboysdad wrote:I have handled the Ulize MANY times but sadly don't own one. I truly wish Spyderco would consider a serrated or partial serrated version with the teeth right in the inside of the curve. I know that serrated recurves are not easy to sharpen...is JD Spydo in the house? The ergos are as good as the best like the Dodo, Caly 3.5, ect
Can't be much more difficult than a hawk bill.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David