Native Lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
All-R-Crazy

Post by All-R-Crazy »

sal wrote: We'd prefer not to pull the trigger until we know it's as right as a new model can be.The model is a co-polymer injection molded handle. The lock is the Native5 lock. 2.46 oz. 4 way clip. The model we're testing is S35VN.

sal
I've been looking at a native5 or military but I'd wait for native light weight. Thank you for all the quality control and testing you do for us (customers). I love my spydy's :)
:spyder: delica ffg,endura ffg,pm2 black/black,delica sb,caly3.5 g10,caly3 sb,S90V military:spyder:
JAfromMN wrote:My favorite Spyderco is the one that I used the most Today
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Dark green like British racing green will be my first choice. And orange will the second.
Burgundy and blue are good colors, but I would love to see them darker than in the past. Burgundy as dark as burgundy micarta on Jester and Baby Goddard. And blue like navy blue.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I really liked the slightly faded "denim blue" of the first Delica ZDP-189 sprint. IIRC, Spyderco hasn't used exactly that color since then.
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

Any update on this native 5 lw? Release date?
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm a dreamer so Red and White are still 2 of my most wanted colors for FRN, but I would like to see some Navy blue as well.

Also, inspired by Dexters post in the Mod area, can we get a black and red hybrid. This would pay homage to the Spydie box colors. I know that has been mentioned before, but it deserves a place in this thread as well.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

So far it seems like we have a native 5 in FRCP with S35vn steel with a slight swedge and no Boyle dent. Next question from me is pinned or screw construction. In a model like this I personally prefer pinned but that is just me. But I think the $5 question is WHEN???? I have already set aside money for this one.
I’ve come to conclude that Fettucini Alfredo is just Mac-and-Cheese for food snobs.
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The handle material is FRN not FRCP...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

According to Sal earlier in this tread "The model is a co-polymer injection molded handle. The lock is the Native5 lock. 2.46 oz. 4 way clip. The model we're testing is S35VN." I would actually prefer a FRN but only because it what I know. I would love to try the FRCP. A clarification would be nice.
I’ve come to conclude that Fettucini Alfredo is just Mac-and-Cheese for food snobs.
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
RadioactiveSpyder

Could have sworn it was finally clarified by Sal to be FRN and not FRCP. National Knives lists them as being FRN:

http://www.nationalknives.com/servlet/t ... bk5/Detail
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

I know for sure that I dont really know :) Oh well I am excited either way. Now just when to expect them.....
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
RadioactiveSpyder

Here it is, I knew I saw it somewhere!!!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... st13199404
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

I did see that post as well. It seems like he contradicts himself. No mind. I will be happy either way. Like I said I prefer FRN but I would love to try the other one. Anyone know if pinned or screws? Also WHEN..............?
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Here it is, I knew I saw it somewhere!!!

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... st13199404
He also said in that same thread:
Sal Glesser wrote:We'll make any color you want.

sal
I'm sure he was using the general "you" :) and meant something to the effect of: if enough of you want any given color, we'll make it.

Hey, that's more evidence that it will be FRN, because I'm not even sure FRCP can be made in "any" color. (I've never seen anything but blue and black.)

Also the latest word on the light weight s110v Manix2 is that it will be midnight blue FRN and not FRCP. So if both of these are right, it looks like most of the rumors of new knives in FRCP have been shot down.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Wouter's pictures from the Amsterdam Meet have screw construction, but that doesn't mean that won't change before production.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Revival

Post by Revival »

I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Certainly will be interested in sprint with exotic steels and wild colors.
I doubt that I will buy regular production, I have few g10 variants and prefer an extra weight and the look of liners.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Kylems11

Post by Kylems11 »

sal wrote:It's certainly taken longer than intended, but that is often the case. We'd prefer not to pull the trigger until we know it's as right as a new model can be. We had a time making the mold. The model is a co-polymer injection molded handle. The lock is the Native5 lock. 2.46 oz. 4 way clip. The model we're testing is S35VN.

sal
Whatever you do sal please make black handles....or at least a few different choices.