Native Lightweight

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:We have a problem of supply and demand here. Maybe we should take the easier, alternate approach and sell the Para 2 for $150 street price for say... 6 months. :)
I do not have much problem with this. No plans to buy Para2, unless Sal and Eric will come out to variant, which would blow my mind and than all of us will pay more than $150.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I bought a native 5 black handle(frn), no liners, s30v steel, with a boyd detent about 3 weeks ago!! I'm looking at it right now as I'm responding to you!!!
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

eric m. wrote:I bought a native 5 black handle(frn), no liners, s30v steel, with a boyd detent about 3 weeks ago!! I'm looking at it right now as I'm responding to you!!!
I believe what you actually have is a Native 1.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ASmitty wrote:I believe what you actually have is a Native 1.
Yup, both the Native 1 and 3 have them, while generations 2, 4 and 5 do not...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Native 1 with s30v steel? I purchased this knife brand new 2 months ago!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

eric m. wrote:Native 1 with s30v steel? I purchased this knife brand new 2 months ago!
Yep. The Native 1 is still in production. If yours has liners, it's a Native 5 if it is all FRN, it is a Native 1.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Did not know that? So the boyd detent and the liners is the only difference!? I have the native 5 g10 and the 2013 forum native with no detent! Just looked now and my fluted ti does not have it also! I was assuming all the older natives were out of production! What are the differences between all the different versions? :confused:
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

eric m. wrote:Did not know that? So the boyd detent and the liners is the only difference!? I have the native 5 g10 and the 2013 forum native with no detent! Just looked now and my fluted ti does not have it also! I was assuming all the older natives were out of production! What are the differences between all the different versions? :confused:
Here is a screen shot of the spyderco web catalog showing what I assume to be all Native variants currently in production:

Capture by senorsquare, on Flickr
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

There is an addition to the catalog! It is the KC exclusive brown frn native( I guess 1 then)! I just ordered one, seeing I rather frn to frcp! I picked up the blue frcp manix2 a couple weeks ago and I prefer frn! Get one while you can! :spyder:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

eric m. wrote:There is an addition to the catalog! It is the KC exclusive brown frn native( I guess 1 then)! I just ordered one, seeing I rather frn to frcp! I picked up the blue frcp manix2 a couple weeks ago and I prefer frn! Get one while you can! :spyder:
I got an email from KC two days ago about the Brown Native 1 in CTS-XHP and have been trying to figure out the differences between the various models since then. The Spydiewiki is a great place to compare them, and it already has an entry for the new brown exclusive:

http://spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C41_Native

Maybe this is what you were referring to? (I can't find it in the online catalog.) I couldn't resist the XHP & brown FRN at a reasonable price like that, so I finally caved and snagged one.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Mine will be here tomorrow! It's sitting at my post office right now! :D
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

I know I'm bumping a semi old thread, but is there any more "news" about this knife?

I thought my collection was complete after the 2nd generation Manix 2 came out but maybe not.
RadioactiveSpyder

aquaman67 wrote:I know I'm bumping a semi old thread, but is there any more "news" about this knife?

I thought my collection was complete after the 2nd generation Manix 2 came out but maybe not.
Yup, there's a pic of said Nessie in this thread here:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... aser-photo
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
5001craig

Post by 5001craig »

There's a lot going on in this thread--I'm not even sure which knife the thread is about.

I'm looking for info on the Spyderco C41CFP5 Native5 Folding Knife 3-1/16" CPM-110V Satin Plain Blade, Carbon Fiber Handles. I preordered this knife in April 2013 with an estimated ship date of I can't even remember now. On 9/5/2013 I was told the estimated ship date was "fall 2013".

Anyone have any info on when the C41CFP5 will be shipping??? I'm not opposed to waiting for a knife (have many Randall's that I've patiently waited for but their ship date is pretty accurate) but feel like I may have missed this knife or something...

Thanks,

Craig
RadioactiveSpyder

You have not missed it. I also preordered one last spring from GPKnives. They send me emails every two weeks or so telling me to update my CC info if necessary, so I take this as a good sign. There is a thread for the CF S110V N5 here (this one is indeed for the FRN S35VN version coming out soon):

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -and-S110V

Cheers, Paul
5001craig

Post by 5001craig »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:You have not missed it. I also preordered one last spring from GPKnives. They send me emails every two weeks or so telling me to update my CC info if necessary, so I take this as a good sign. There is a thread for the CF S110V N5 here (this one is indeed for the FRN S35VN version coming out soon):

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -and-S110V

Cheers, Paul
Thank-you Sir!
RadioactiveSpyder

Hi folks, I was perusing BF and stumbled across these juicy tidbits:
Sal Glesser wrote:Hi Topher89,

Welcome to our forum.

The standard version will have CPM-S35VN. Eric and I want an S90V version, we'll probably make an S110 version.

sal
Sal Glesser wrote:We'll make any color you want.

sal
What say we here on this forum? I'm certainly excited for the steel options, but what about colors? Am I the only one who thinks that they MUST offer one in the burgundy of the Caly Jr. ZDP variety (and others)? Make sure your wish gets voiced here too!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:What say we here on this forum? I'm certainly excited for the steel options, but what about colors? Am I the only one who thinks that they MUST offer one in the burgundy of the Caly Jr. ZDP variety (and others)? Make sure your wish gets voiced here too!
I would love the Burgundy FRN from the Caly or the Foliage FRN or the awesome Blue FRN from the ZDPs of old. Surprise me! I will still buy.
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Don't get me started on those blue FRN knives, oh wait...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ves-Please
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Don't get me started on those blue FRN knives, oh wait...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... ves-Please
oh I said it just to fire you up. The image of your Stretch and Delica were at the forefront of my mind when I posted. Can't believe I never followed through with getting one of them.
*Landon*