hardest pm2 to find

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

hardest pm2 to find

Post by endgame »

Out of all the pm2 the hardest to find was the orange then the grey and cf and then blue thenbrown.I wonder why the orange was so hard.I guess I'm not the only one who likes orange.the steel is great but not better then the carbon fiber or blue one.well I quests it shows how color sometimes dictates things.the green was the easiest I got ut less then the price it sold.I got the cf one for 20$ higher then msrp.the orange allmost80$ higher.well it took awhile but tomarrow I'm going to post the whole lot productions also.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

To me it always seems hardest to find the CF, but I might be somewhat biased since that's the only one I look for... :D
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
endgame

Post by endgame »

That's not hard to find its hard to find at a good price.the orange is just absent
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

People like their orange!
:bug-red-white
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The CF/S90V still rules them all ;)
Donut

Post by Donut »

endgame wrote:I got the cf one for 20$ higher then msrp.the orange allmost80$ higher.
Eek, that's expensive. I don't think I've bought a sprint at MSRP yet except for a $100 Goddard sprint. I am assuming the Carbon Fiber S90V Para 2 had a MSRP of more than $275.

Why don't you just wait for new sprints to come out and buy them way below MSRP instead of buying the old sprints at those elevated prices?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Donut wrote:Eek, that's expensive. I don't think I've bought a sprint at MSRP yet except for a $100 Goddard sprint. I am assuming the Carbon Fiber S90V Para 2 had a MSRP of more than $275.

Why don't you just wait for new sprints to come out and buy them way below MSRP instead of buying the old sprints at those elevated prices?
MSRP was $290. Street price varied, $180ish was typical.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

What is odd to me is that the orange PM2 sprint seemed to sell more sluggishly that the blue, the gray, the green, and the CF versions. Strange that it is now harder to find.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Didn't the Orange sell out in less than a few days? I still think that seem fast.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It did sell out quickly, but I seem to remember it took around a week. Long enough for the insanely low introductory price ($117 shipped, who says Jeff doesn't take care of us??) to be raised a couple times. The orange was released in late 2011. As I recall, there hadn't been a long Para 2 drought leading up to it, like the recent one that probably contributed to the feeding frenzy for the green one (not to mention the awesome color and 204P steel). Actually, the pre-order for the green one took a few days to sell out too. But the waiting list situation once it was finally released almost 1.5 years later turned into a fiasco.

Anyway, it is a sweet knife...

:bug-red-white
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

I'm ready for some more Para 2 Sprints. Hopefully they have a few more in the pipeline.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Holland

Post by Holland »

the only one i had trouble finding was the CF sprint, also the only one i spent more then $200 on :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'd love to have another grey 20CP...
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

FCM415 wrote:I'd love to have another grey 20CP...
I would like to have one too! :D
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

I agree with the posts on the sprint availability, but if we're talking production, it seems like the digicam DLC model is the most scarce.. And yes I know they're out there, but hardly any if at all are at a fair price. I've been on back order with KC for a little over 3 months now waiting for it. It's almost like they're cranking out every production model about the same except that one.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I thought that the exclusive shop that had the orange went with a low price if ordered within a few days and that the price escalated from there a bit, and that sales slowed from there. I may be confusing this with the orange Manix 2 run through the same vendor.

Whoops - sorry gbellah - did not read all of your earlier post.
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

I have everyone except for the green 204P and luckily I never had to pay anything but dealer prices. I wish I had the green one badly but I can't justify paying the amount they are on the secondary. I have been contemplating trading my 2013 Forum knife for one, my have to pop on over to Blade Forums to see.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

endgame wrote:That's not hard to find its hard to find at a good price.the orange is just absent
I am surprised. Until recently there were quite a few of them on e-bay.
there is one even now. Fairly expensive though.
xceptnl wrote:Didn't the Orange sell out in less than a few days? I still think that seem fast.
Right. But green was sold out even faster.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian