Show your love for Taichung Taiwan Spydercos!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
mikey177

Re: Show your love for Taichung Taiwan Spydercos!

Post by mikey177 »

Techno 2
techno2 11.jpg
BMF

Post by BMF »

embry386

Post by embry386 »

mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Sage 2
sage_18.jpg
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Taichung Tuesday.

PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

***Memento mori, memento vivere***
Pacu0420

Post by Pacu0420 »

IMG_20231113_171410951.jpg
😎
Top 5 EDC Spydies: S45VN Para3, S90V DLT PM2, MagnaCut Native5, Crucarta PM2, Maxamet Manix2
D.Newman

Post by D.Newman »

Striple765Rider

Post by Striple765Rider »

D.Newman wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:20 am
That’s gorgeous!!! Did you flame/heat the scales to get that rainbow effect? I know titanium will do that. That’s the reason it makes the COOLEST header and exhaust material. My one Lynch clip is the industrial heat finish and it’s got the rainbow heat treatment.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
D.Newman

Post by D.Newman »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:38 am
D.Newman wrote:
That’s gorgeous!!! Did you flame/heat the scales to get that rainbow effect? I know titanium will do that. That’s the reason it makes the COOLEST header and exhaust material. My one Lynch clip is the industrial heat finish and it’s got the rainbow heat treatment.

Thank you very much! I did heat anodize it. It was originally the blue Knife Joy exclusive. I stripped the blue anodization off with a rust remover but the scales ended up two different shades of grey unfortunately so I decided to try heat instead. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out even though I wanted just plain grey. The whole process made me want to use the knife more instead of letting it just sit in a drawer.
Striple765Rider

D.Newman wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:58 pm
Striple765Rider wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:38 am
D.Newman wrote:

Thank you very much! I did heat anodize it. It was originally the blue Knife Joy exclusive. I stripped the blue anodization off with a rust remover but the scales ended up two different shades of grey unfortunately so I decided to try heat instead. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out even though I wanted just plain grey. The whole process made me want to use the knife more instead of letting it just sit in a drawer.
That’s an awesome story man! It came out gorgeous. I actually just bought a used knifejoy chef myself! I’m so excited for it to get here! It’s got some light user scratches (snail trails) on the show side but I got it for a screaming deal ($150 shipped) and I plan on using it myself so I’m not concerned. I did look up diy anodizing though and was amazed at how easy it is to do to titanium so I may end up stripping it down and reanodizing it in a dark blue pretty much like they come. I might just leave it like it is though because even if I redo it I’m sure it’ll get scratched up again because I’ve heard anodized titanium is pretty weak no matter what you do short of leaving it sit in a safe.
Delica VG-10, Endura ZDP-189, Stretch 2 SS K390, Matriarch 2 VG-10, Para 3 LW BD1N, Para 2 CruCarta, Para 2 MaxaMet, Yojimbo 2 S30V, Manix 2 S30V, Knife Joy Manix 2 in 20CV, Teal Para 2 in S90V, Bade HQ Manix 2 Mint with M4, Blade HQ Shaman Micarta with M4, Mule in 15V, Delica in super blue/SUS410, Blade HQ Para 2 Natural Jade with satin M4, REC “Avocado” Para 2 204P, GPK White with DLC Rex 45, Knifejoy exclusive SpydieChef, Techno2, Caribbean sheepsfoot with dyed scales, cutlery shoppe orange/black DLC HXP wharncliffe Para 2, Endura VG10 SE wharncliffe project knife and a Bill Moran drop point in VG-10.

-Dave
Striple765Rider

Finally got my first Taichung Spydie!!! Man I’m in LOVE too! I found a screaming deal on a used Knifejoy Spydiechef on another forum. It’s got scratches so I’m guessing nobody else wanted it because a lot of the people on that forum are just safe queen collectors from what I’ve seen. From what I’ve seen the anodizing on these titanium scales is very very thin anyway and with a little use will scratch up. I don’t mind because she’s going to be a user anyway and if it gets too bad I figure I’ll strip it down and re-anodize it myself since it’s super easy to do.

The factory edge was pretty dull on it too so for now I just hit it on the sharpmaker and was amazed at how easy it came back to razor sharp. I progressed all the way through to the white stones (flat sides) at the 30° setting and then gave it a few light passes on the 40° micro bevel angle and then stropped it on firm leather loaded with 1 micron venev diamond paste. Later on I’ll give it a proper polished edge on my edge pro with the diamond matrix stones.

-Dave
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Nice score! Love the blue ano on the Knife Joy specials. Got my Spydiechef in the mail, hope it arrives still this week. Can't wait!
PM2 Crucarta, Manix 2 lw s110v, Manix 2 blackout, Shaman, Tenacious, GB1, GB2, Smock, Kapara, Native 5 s90v, Chaparral cts-xhp faceted Ti, Para 3 blackout flytanium scales. PM2 M390 DLT exclusive, Caly 3 Superblue sprint run, Police PE ATS-55, Mcbee, Caly 3.5 ZDP189 CF, PM2 Maxamet, Millitary CF s90v sprint run, Lil' Native CF s90v sprint run, Mule CPM Rex T15, Spydiechef, Amalgam.

MNOSD member #0052

Striple765Rider

Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:37 am
Nice score! Love the blue ano on the Knife Joy specials. Got my Spydiechef in the mail, hope it arrives still this week. Can't wait!
Nice, I’m sure you’ll love it. This one really blew me away and I’ve got some nice Spydies. What really impressed me the most is just how comfortable and good this feels in the hand. It feels like you could use it all day and not get a single hot spot or sore. And it’s got a really nice heft without being heavy. I’ve never had anything with titanium scales though.
I also love the blue because blue is my favorite color. You could anodize yours super easy if you wanted too if yours isn’t a Knifejoy model. The best video I’ve seen on it yet is the one from blade hq on YouTube. It’s very thorough and well done. They even go through what volts and how many 9v batteries you need to get what colors. There’s three shades of blue actually. I really like the one with 3 batteries because it’s the deeper blue like the factory finish on this Knifejoy model.

-Dave
Paul Ardbeg

Post by Paul Ardbeg »

Striple765Rider wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:41 am
Paul Ardbeg wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:37 am
Nice, I’m sure you’ll love it. This one really blew me away and I’ve got some nice Spydies. What really impressed me the most is just how comfortable and good this feels in the hand. It feels like you could use it all day and not get a single hot spot or sore. And it’s got a really nice heft without being heavy. I’ve never had anything with titanium scales though.
I also love the blue because blue is my favorite color. You could anodize yours super easy if you wanted too if yours isn’t a Knifejoy model. The best video I’ve seen on it yet is the one from blade hq on YouTube. It’s very thorough and well done. They even go through what volts and how many 9v batteries you need to get what colors. There’s three shades of blue actually. I really like the one with 3 batteries because it’s the deeper blue like the factory finish on this Knifejoy model.
Got the plain one. I live in Europe so I would have to import a knife joy one. I'm also a sucker for blue and this one looks really awsome! I still need to give diy ano a try as I haven't done that before, appreciate the advise.

P.S. if you like blue, check out the Stretch 2 xl in Nisijin blue GF scales and damast blade, it's insane 🤩

MNOSD member #0052

Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Domino
domino blue cf 14.jpg
DerRock

Post by DerRock »

Tea time

Striple765Rider

Just got a Caribbean sheepsfoot plain edge yesterday! This thing is incredible except the hideous bumblebee scales. I took care of that today with some RIT graphite dye. Looks gorgeous now! Definitely looks like it means serious business now.

With its Taichung brother.

-Dave
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

Lil Sub Hilt
Attachments
lil_sub_hilt_05.jpg