spyderco "s" owners

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

spyderco "s" owners

Post by endgame »

I just pulled out my collection of "s"s 1 silver and 2 black.this is the knife that got me into spyderco.I just love this knife.the blade the handle the compression lock everything.once I saw the pic I had to get one and that was all!" hooked".the blades on mine are probable in the top five sharpest spydercos I own.they are smooth as butter to open and light as a feather.also no blade play at all.I wonder why they stopped the m.I.m.technology just seemed so endless to the designs you could make.I only use one of mine a black one and it has held up to some beatings.you cant go crazy sharpening it cause there isn't much metal there. I just give it a pass or two on the ceramic rod and a pass on my leather strop.it stays super sharp.I am going to carry this on grail Saturday I was going to carry my Swiss walker but now its the "s".I would love a sprint run in a good steal and carbon fiber or titanium handle with the compression lock never change that.does anyone here carry there "s" or even have 1 or 2.I also have a few "q"s but other then looking cool they are useless just to flimsy and old.cool non the less though.man would I love to see somemore m.I.m. tech knives the things you could do.what kind design of blade and handle would you commission if you could.I love the spiderweb with a spider with my I initials on the handle.
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

I also have a few "q"s but other then looking cool they are useless just to flimsy and old.

Them's fighten words to us Q users and collectors. I've carried a Q for years without ever being let down. Granted the lock can be overpowered, the FRN abused if torqued, though as with any tool know its uses and limitations and stay within its safety zone. Q's rule and are ready cool as you stated. I'd love to have more though lately the prices seem to keep going up.

As to the S knife, they are so similar to the Q that I did have to get them too. Straight from the factory a very sharp knife, with nice design, feel and construction. Another you should maybe check out is the R knife. I like the original R the best by far though both the R2 and the Nishijin are god knives too.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I have one S.

I think a few years ago there was one blurb mentioned about a solid blade S, and that is something I'd really love to see. I mention it every chance I get. :p
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
endgame

Post by endgame »

I have some qs but wouldn't use them.that handle is so fat and thick. Just not comfortable.I also have both the skelitonized handle r and new r .love them both but still not a "s"
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Dang, I wish i made your paycheck :D
Barman

Post by Barman »

Qcrazy wrote:I also have a few "q"s but other then looking cool they are useless just to flimsy and old.

Them's fighten words to us Q users and collectors. I've carried a Q for years without ever being let down. Granted the lock can be overpowered, the FRN abused if torqued, though as with any tool know its uses and limitations and stay within its safety zone. Q's rule and are ready cool as you stated. I'd love to have more though lately the prices seem to keep going up.

As to the S knife, they are so similar to the Q that I did have to get them too. Straight from the factory a very sharp knife, with nice design, feel and construction. Another you should maybe check out is the R knife. I like the original R the best by far though both the R2 and the Nishijin are god knives too.
Just picked up my Nishijin "R" from the Post Office today.
Great sized, very well made, and one of the smoothest actions I have except maybe for my Starmate.
I'm going to carry this one for a while and put it through its paces.
endgame

Post by endgame »

I work very hard for my paycheck but if you want to switch jobs for the summer lets do it?lol I got allot of my knives from trading off my dead friends microtech collection.he had allot of rare and expensive ones and I really only traded off thedoubles he had.the r with the fiber glass handle is a great knife.I to would love a solid s knife.I just think they could do so much with that m.I.m. tech.the salsa is close to the s but not exactly its like the little brother.I'm carrying my black one today at work I'm going to really put it to the test.