Fake PM2 with COMPRESSION lock...

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
HellHound

Fake PM2 with COMPRESSION lock...

Post by HellHound »

Hey guys long time no see, well just thought I point out http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Hot- ... 24348.html
The only way to tell em apart seems to be by g10 now, the clone one has a smoother g10 and softer low quality screws so if your screws are playdough I'd say your in trouble. Have fun buying on ebay too, knowing it might be one of those :rolleyes:
Attachments
fopppa.JPG
thewannabesurvivalist
Seelow123

Post by Seelow123 »

That's disgusting. Ebay is on my short list of places to never buy from. It's just not worth it IMO.
"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think"-Horace Walpole.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Another reason I NEVER buy from ebay.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I think the best thing Spyderco can do is to make sure that PM2's are stocked at legit dealers. The knife has gotten so popular that the Chinese now wish to capitalize on this, a production Spyderco's success. Making this a top priority should ensure that real ones are always available, prices remain on target direct from dealers, and ebay snakes will have a tougher time scamming would be desperate buyers. They are making this partly because the PM2's are scarce and there is a market for it...With box, paper...

Another way to tell is that they are available in orange brown and blue G10 now also, all marked as S30v (which is most likely really isn't) so that is an easy tell as not many are sold on the secondary with swapped scales.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

We've been aware of these counterfeits for several months (from a previous report). As we've mentioned in the past, we are heavily involved in taking steps against those who make counterfeits and fakes. We can't publicly disclose what those steps are, but we are watching and continuing our efforts

We are also doing everything we can to increase production of the Para Military 2 and all other U.S. models. We do realize the motivation behind those who are making the counterfeits.

Thanks for continuing to post your findings. Again, we are watching and so are others who assist us in this battle. We take this problem very seriously.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
endgame

Post by endgame »

Wow its allmost perfect t.sal should hirem to help fill all the backorders.lol.never buy anything from alliexpress ever its all fakes.this wasn't from the bay.wow how do you tell thebox even the paper work.how much was it?
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

endgame wrote:Wow its allmost perfect t.sal should hirem to help fill all the backorders.lol.never buy anything from alliexpress ever its all fakes.this wasn't from the bay.wow how do you tell thebox even the paper work.how much was it?
No, but where do you think these knives are sold after they're shipped into the U.S.? Ebay or Amazon, or possibly flea markets. The buyers certainly don't keep them.