S90V Military!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Thanks for the positive feedback Donut. Very refreshing to see.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Thanks for the positive feedback and open minded advice Donut. Very refreshing to see.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Donut

Post by Donut »

I'm sorry for not giving you a very detailed response on my previous few posts. I should have provided more useful information.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

From now on, I will not respond to being quoted no matter how vile the personal attacks get. Im not gonna get baited anymore to talking about insignificant things.

Its about BBS, it has always been for me. Thats what Im here for.

All my posts will be by way of a juicy tidbit, here is one now:
BBS is now using the auction on Ebay to sell their exclusive Military in S90v right alongside and in direct trajectory with the secondary market and flippers. A recent one sold for $400+ under the BBS banner and in effect sold it at well above Spyderco's MSRP. As a contrast, the upcoming Military Cruwear sprint will be sold for as little as $140 from other dealers. BBS will not carry this sprint because no one will buy it from them because of the competition.
-Leonard Nimoy
Donut

Post by Donut »

FCM415 wrote:BBS will not carry this sprint because no one will buy it from them because of the competition.
I always thought that all dealers got some of each sprint. I'm not sure how it is divided up, but it seems like some dealers get more than others and some dealers I think are able to opt out of them.

It makes sense for Bento to get some and sell at elevated prices. When the other dealers sell out almost instantly, it will give people who don't watch their dealers regularly to pick one up at a premium price. The premium being that they don't have to waste a lot of time watching the forums and dealers.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Donut wrote: I see you got a Green Para, which you could probably trade for a Blue Military.
Yeah, I saw that to. Congrats FCM. I remember you posting on the other forum that you missed the initial preorder but a friend gave up one of his 2 for you so you could have one. Now that you are getting your second, are you going to send his back to him?

Back on topic. I have also voted with my wallet and not purchased a Blue millie. It's more than I wan't to spend. But I would never ask Sal and Co. to remove the rights of a reseller who I can only asume has entered into an agreement with them. Why? Because it simply is none of my business.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

If Josh "Salmonkiller" wants it back sure I guess. Why do you ask? He offered without me asking. That's what friends do. I was able to secure him a a S110v Forum knife and a CBCF when it was hot. He just got me some killer green scales for one of my k390's.

Yeah way off topic. Still about me huh. I don't know Jtoler, what do you think? Should I return it? Did you bring it up and ask if I will return it to show what kind of person I am? You get an A for effort. Will you be getting more green PM2's when the 400 from KW comes out? Are you gonna flip them the same day you got it on the BF exchange again and say "It's just not for me"? That's the mark of a good businessman there.
-Leonard Nimoy
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

FCM415 wrote:Why do you ask?
was just trying to be friendly.

Believe it or not, our views about BBS are not that far apart. I just think it's bad form for folks to try and run people out of business. Why? Out of boredom? Out of anger because they have my favorite toy and they are charging more than I want to pay? So what. There are plenty of battles in life worth drawing blood over, but buying toys aint one of them in my book.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

FCM415 wrote:Are you gonna flip them the same day you got it on the BF exchange again and say "It's just not for me"? That's the mark of a good businessman there.
So much for no more personal attacks eh? :rolleyes: Does this mean we're not friends? I still can't figure out your flipping argument when you do it all the time?
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

jtoler_9 wrote:So much for no more personal attacks eh? :rolleyes: Does this mean we're not friends? I still can't figure out your flipping argument when you do it all the time?
Cite one example when I flipped ONE knife and I'll eat my hat. You're so full of it. Now you are making up stuff. "I do it all the time" You're a joke. I can make stuff up too: Jtoler's uncle owns BBS. Jtoler's a woman beater. Is it true?

Didn't I make you eat your words on Bladeforms when you said I flip knives also while defending yourself (unecessarily I may add). OK, I'll do it again. I sold CBCF's for $370, BM ShotShow Grips $180 prices that yielded me no profit after shipping and in fact were cheaper than what most dealers were selling them for. Remember? You claimed I was flipping high end knives on the exchange while complaining about flippers at the same time on that thread. Show me proof or you just showed how much of a clown you are.

So much for personal attacks when you've been doing it for pages now. Stop and it will cease and we can get back on track discussing the dealer.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

FCM415 wrote:From now on, I will not respond to being quoted no matter how vile the personal attacks get. Im not gonna get baited anymore to talking about insignificant things.

Its about BBS, it has always been for me. Thats what Im here for.

All my posts will be by way of a juicy tidbit, here is one now:
BBS is now using the auction on Ebay to sell their exclusive Military in S90v right alongside and in direct trajectory with the secondary market and flippers. A recent one sold for $400+ under the BBS banner and in effect sold it at well above Spyderco's MSRP. As a contrast, the upcoming Military Cruwear sprint will be sold for as little as $140 from other dealers. BBS will not carry this sprint because no one will buy it from them because of the competition.
Unless Jtoler here provides any proof that I flipped ONE (uno, 1) knife I will go back to my no responding policy. Just juicy tidbits about the topic. Best to check my BF post history, start with my most recent one. BRADLEY AIR FOR $100 LAST WEEK, and go on down the line. Get your RedBull ready.
-Leonard Nimoy
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

FCM415 wrote:Cite one example when I flipped ONE knife and I'll eat my own hat

OK, I'll do it again. I sold THREE CBCF's for $370,
I don't need to cite more examples than you just did do I? You forgot to mention you sold those 3 LE knives while others were still on a waiting list after KW oversold their lot at $319 a piece. You made $50.00 more than KW was charging. That's $150.00 profit before shipping. Why sell 3 at all? Why order that many and sell almost immediatly? One could jump to the conclusion you bought them intending to sell them. Oh my gosh, the shame, the horror that's frowned upon here.

Either way, it is symantics. You say flipper I say tomato

Thanks for the clown comment. I am glad to see you making your point with such articulation.

I still love the old movie line, "I'm sure we can settle this like adults. Isn't that right Mr. poopy pants." ;)
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Hahahhahahahahaha wowwwww

Did I buy them at KW genius? You're crazy. If you recall, KW had these late by that time, I already bought them at house of blades in Texas for 350 each. After shipping insurance and paypal fees, I literally made NOTHING. My aim wasnt to make money. How many dealers were selling them for 400 plus at the time? Tell me, how did I make a profit of 50 bucks? Failure.

Just because you flip knives and I can show proof doesnt mean everyone else does too.

Heres the dagger, go to the sale thread and a random member posted good job FCM415 that is a great price. Go check it out LMAO.
-Leonard Nimoy
DunninLA

Post by DunninLA »

jtoler_9 isn't coming off too well on this thread. When a person make a personal character comment, then learns he didn't have his facts straight, generally an apology is in order.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Soooooo why buy 3 and sell them immediately? Sounds like a flip to me. The fact you claim to have made little profit just means you suck at it.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

DunninLA wrote:jtoler_9 isn't coming off too well on this thread. When a person make a personal character comment, then learns he didn't have his facts straight, generally an apology is in order.
Right.

And he has to question why I bought so many. What's it to you? Now you're gonna try to bring us down the path of what ifs and guesses as to why? That is rubbish.

I have this problem. I like a knife, I "must" have multiples especially limited because well they are limited. As soon as equilibrium settles, or another knife I like comes along I either A) Keep them B) Sell one C) Sell the lot. With the CBCF, I was enamored with the S110v and CF but it waned on me after receiving it learning about the soft HT and the bead blast finish. So I sold one to SalmonKiller for my price, and two other lucky gents on the exchange as well.

Didnt have to explain any of this at all but for Jtoler I'll break it down real nice and detailed.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

jtoler_9 wrote:The fact you claim to have made little profit just means you suck at it.
Would never be as good as you of course. Flipping isn't my realm. I'm not in the hobby for that. I guess I do suck at it. I sold my original Techno for $125 a few months back. I see them on the exchange getting picked up for $160.

You still havent showed one iota of proof. Just conjectures and what ifs. So till then heres another example:

I purchased three ShotShow Grips because I had to! M4 steel, G10 Griptilian... Pure Awesome. They were limited so I went on a binge. I love these, but BM's coated blades with Limited Edition emblazoned on the knife I cannot stand. So what did I do? Kept one and sold two of them on the exchange for $180. Got it from KW for $160... After shipping insurance and paypal fees, what did I make? Not worth mentioning thats for sure. Meanwhile dealers that I myself love to use were selling them for well over $200. And I'm a flipper. I'm dead is what I am...From laughing at you.

Its funny , you have nothing and Im the one giving examples...Just to show you...about you :D
-Leonard Nimoy
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

FCM415 wrote:From now on, I will not respond to being quoted no matter how vile the personal attacks get. Im not gonna get baited anymore to talking about insignificant things.
That lasted a whopping one hour. Didn't you already get the back of your hand slapped by Kristi earlier this year for this same type of behavior?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Jay_Ev wrote:That lasted a whopping one hour. Didn't you already get the back of your hand slapped by Kristi earlier this year for this same type of behavior?
Actually less than an hour. But I'm trying. After yours I promise :D

I recall having a talk with Kristi about another forum member. Anyone familiar with it and those who had experienced similar treatment by this member knows exactly what went down so I'm not worried.

What's it to you? Are you so jaded to only see your point of view in this and dismiss mine as the irrational wrong one that should be scolded by Taz or to that effect? Take away two or three members coming at me at every turn and this could actually be very civil in fact. Let's give it a try shall we? Putting me on ignore is another option...
-Leonard Nimoy
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

26 pages and way too many off-topic, personal attack posts to count. At least way more than I have time to deal with. Reading pages 25/26 is enough. Thread Closed.

Please keep discussions on topic. We have a wide variety of members in our community. Not everyone is going to agree with everyone. However, most everyone here can disagree with each other but when disagreeing they choose to do so as adults. Something lost in many of the 502 posts in this thread.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.