S90V Military!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
black

Post by black »

Why is the pivot screw on the wrong side? Do all militarys now come like that?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

black wrote:Why is the pivot screw on the wrong side? Do all militarys now come like that?
Good catch. You've got me wondering now too.
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

They have screws on both sides. Which is a new thing.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Henry - get both wrote:They have screws on both sides. Which is a new thing.
Does this mean a CQi change to a stepped pivot or something?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

It has a torx screw on each side.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

For example:

chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

xceptnl wrote:Does this mean a CQi change to a stepped pivot or something?
Please no...
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Maybe it just allows for more even pivot adjustment to help with blade centering?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

Anyone else think the liner lock takes a bit more pressure to release? It's not a bad thing, it just feels more stout....or i haven't had a new military in awhile
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Please no...
Yeah, I do not like the looks of that.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Cheygriz wrote:Hey! Ever hear of something called the "Free Market Economy?" Supply and demand? If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. But don't whine about the price. There's no law that gives you the right to buy another man's product at the price YOU consider fair.

If Sal makes a knife and charges $10,000 per copy AND CUSTOMERS ARE WILLING TO PAY THAT PRICE, then more power to Sal.
Hey! I never heard of something called "Free Market Economy" ever in my life! Never! :rolleyes: Supply and Demand? Never heard of that in my thirty years of existence either!

Sal has NOTHING to do with BBS' pricing.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

FCM415 wrote:Hey! I never heard of something called "Free Market Economy" ever in my life! Never! :rolleyes: Supply and Demand? Never heard of that in my thirty years of existence either!

Sal has NOTHING to do with BBS' pricing.
MSRP= MANUFACTURERS Suggested Retail Price

As long as BBS doesn't go 1 penny over the MSRP then I'm pretty sure theirs nothing Spyderco can do...they are the ones that set the MSRP to begin with..
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:MSRP= MANUFACTURERS Suggested Retail Price

As long as BBS doesn't go 1 penny over the MSRP then I'm pretty sure theirs nothing Spyderco can do...they are the ones that set the MSRP to begin with..
What is the MSRP of this knife?

I'm sure the Cruwear MSRP is up there in the $200's also... But MSRP is just that and their intended street price is $140.

Want a clearer example? How much was the forum knife's MSRP? OK...and how much was it sold for by the MANUFACTURER?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I could care less about some dealers pricing policy. If I don't like their price, then I don't buy the knife and an over-priced pocket knife is not a crime against humanity. If this was a case of someone artificially escalating grain prices to sell to a starving population then this might be worth all the yelling and arguing, but this is just a pretty blue pocket knife. Whatever.

I am however, deeply concerned about this new pivot. What the $%^& is up with that?!
endgame

Post by endgame »

Mine came oerfect smooth and the lock isn't sticky its just smurfarific.stop arguing about this knife guys it just doesn't matter anymore knifes out its great I bet it will be gone in notime.no one ever wins a argument anyway so let it die out and just talk about how were going to cut shi$ up with it!
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

senorsquare wrote:I could care less about some dealers pricing policy. If I don't like their price, then I don't buy the knife and an over-priced pocket knife is not a crime against humanity. If this was a case of someone artificially escalating grain prices to sell to a starving population then this might be worth all the yelling and arguing, but this is just a pretty blue pocket knife. Whatever.

I am however, deeply concerned about this new pivot. What the $%^& is up with that?!

It sounds like you want me to void the warranty :)
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

endgame wrote:Mine came oerfect smooth and the lock isn't sticky its just smurfarific.stop arguing about this knife guys it just doesn't matter anymore knifes out its great I bet it will be gone in notime.no one ever wins a argument anyway so let it die out and just talk about how were going to cut shi$ up with it!

If you are talking about the sticky lock in reference to my observations about the lock, then let me clarify. I didn't find the lock sticky, it just felt like the lockbar required more pressure to disengage, as though the lockbar is thicker and therefore not as easy to flex. I guess it just seems like it has more spring.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Are the pivot torx heads the same size? The front looks smaller than the rear??
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

KNaB wrote:It sounds like you want me to void the warranty :)
Well, I personally never met a warranty I wouldn't void, but I would not ask you to do the same :) .

I am more curious as to why these are different and if this is a change we are going to see across the Military lineup.