Waiting for my first Dragonfly 2 with serrated edge...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
appliancejunk

Waiting for my first Dragonfly 2 with serrated edge...

Post by appliancejunk »

Been using my blue handled Delica 4 daily for the last month and have been eyeing a Dragonfly for a couple weeks now.

Love my Delica, but these forums and amazon reviews got the best of me and I just could not hold off ordering a Dragonfly any longer, lol...

This will be the first Spyderco I have ever had with the serrated edge, can't wait to give it a try.

On a daily bases I cut open cardboard boxes and cut rubber hoses and usually some rope on a weekly bases.

Looking forward to seeing how the serrated edge on the dragonfly does compared to the plain edge on my Delica.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised, rubber hoses and rope will be a breeze
mattman

Post by mattman »

Be prepared for an eye-opener!

I recently used my Assist on an emergency heater hose bypass- side-of-the-road style, and it was perfect... (The Assist is set up for a "close the knife on the cut" for rope and hose, never tried this with a Dragonfly, nore do I have a serrated Dfly, so, ymmv, of course...)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have a thread about the whole "new to serrations" thing and so far I'm loving them. I don't know what I was missing in the past, maybe just not the right knife but my SE Stretch is a beast.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

My Dragonfly SE is still the best knife I have for peeling litchies.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have a good feeling I'll be getting one of these too. So far my only real complaint about H1 is how easy it scratches.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Which dragonfly did you purchase. My other has a dfly h1 and she loves it. Amazing knife in a little package.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
appliancejunk

Post by appliancejunk »

BadFish wrote:Which dragonfly did you purchase. My other has a dfly h1 and she loves it. Amazing knife in a little package.
Just the basic black handle serrated one with VG-10 steel.

The H1's and G10's look cool and maybe next if I end up liking the dragonfly.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You will love that Dragonfly. No matter what else you carry, it will always be with you. My G10 replaced everything. I have bigger and smaller knives but this is the one I have with me no matter what. You will not be disappointed. A word of warning, though...Dragonflys are addicting. :D Once you have one, you gotta have more.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Spyder-fan

Post by Spyder-fan »

I've been thinking about picking one up. I can't decide if I want the serrated Dragonfly or hawkbill ladybug.