turn around for sharpening

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
endgame

turn around for sharpening

Post by endgame »

Does anyone no the turnaround on sendind in a knife to spyderco to sharpen is? I sent it yesterday priority so it will be there Friday about how long till it returns thanks@
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

endgame wrote:Does anyone no the turnaround on sendind in a knife to spyderco to sharpen is? I sent it yesterday priority so it will be there Friday about how long till it returns thanks@
It all depends on their load (schedule) Seems to fall somewhere between a week and a month, generally.

Ken
玉鋼
endgame

Post by endgame »

Thanx for you're quick reply
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

The factory sharpening service is great, but it's even better when you can just do it yourself in a few minutes. Don't give up on building your own skills. It makes it a lot faster, easier and better. You'll thank yourself in the long run. I've tried lots of sharpening systems and now use only the Sharpmaker, Edge Pro and a leather strop. I recommend the Lansky system too ( I had one and replaced it with the Edge Pro).
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
endgame

Post by endgame »

I do sharpen my own knives I am a chef but I like this service and its part of the warranty I do it withheld all my knives protech microtech zt and so on.pluss they also clean it up and repair worn parts at least at the other factories this is a first for me at spyderco.I just like the service and I figure you have it with the warrant why not use it its only $5 and I love factory fresh blades.I sharpen my chef knives cause I cant be without them for a day let alone a month.I also sharpen my beater knives that are to far gone.thank for the info though
r small

Post by r small »

I sent a knife in for sharpening a while back. Turn-around time was about two weeks. They did a good job on my CE Delica. The plain edge portion cuts like a flat grind now. The service is free with a $5 charge for shipping. Is Spyderco a great company or what?
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

With BLADE Show coming up, I'd expect longer, rather than shorter, turnaround. Turnaround time also depends somewhat on where you live. They return ship by UPS ground, so that can add an extra week or so if you live on the East Coast.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
endgame

Post by endgame »

Thanks for the heads up
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

Mine took about 4.5 weeks but it is as good as new.
endgame

Post by endgame »

That's why I send them back we actually pay for these warranties in the price of our knives it just makes sence to use it or you are wasting money.pluss if I mess it up they void the warranty .I no it still is covered by a strong warranty when it is returned cleaned and sharpened.protech -zt-microtech-kershaw and lion steel change the bushings -screws- washers and anything else that is warn when you return it for sharpening .does spyderco do that?even if I was the best at sharpening I still would send it back cause it is part of the package bought with the knife and that is why I buy these expenspive knives.contrary to evryone else I have had nothing but great dealings with microtech.If its a auto you have to send a copy of youre active military id or police id.you can find copies of these online if you need to they never check and you only have to send it once if not send it threw a dealer like blade Hq.
mrphotoman

Post by mrphotoman »

They did a great job on mine, looks like new.