Found me a little nugget!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ned

Found me a little nugget!

Post by Ned »

So I walked into a little sporting goods store here in Wyoming; went to the knife display and was looking at their selection of Spyderco products and low and behold I found this! Snatched it up...New in Box! :D
Attachments
IMG233.jpg
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This sort of thing never happens to me. The only thing I've ever found of interest was a nearly destroyed byrd in a pawn shop.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Evil D wrote:This sort of thing never happens to me. The only thing I've ever found of interest was a nearly destroyed byrd in a pawn shop.
Me too. I found an overpriced Endura at Gander Mtn. once.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Keep looking! They also had 3 all black Paramilitary II's 149.99, a little pricey, so I didn't bite on any of those...
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

How much did the pay for that, if you dont mind me asking?
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Ned

Post by Ned »

I paid what they had on it, 139.99...not a screaming deal but fair I think.

BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

IIRC, I've seen those go for around 250 on bladeforums so 140 ain't too shabby!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Ned

Post by Ned »

SWEET! I knew I should snag it. I really like this knife, it's probably the sharpest knife I've ever seen out of the box..

Invective

Post by Invective »

****, $140 for a NIB Blue Yojimbo? I never get that lucky haha all my shops out here have steep mark-ups. Good find Ned!
JD Spydo

Good Hit!!

Post by JD Spydo »

senorsquare wrote:Me too. I found an overpriced Endura at Gander Mtn. once.
Boy oh boy!! do I know that feeling. The other day I found an old G-2 Endura at a Pawn Shop here in KC, MO USA and they wanted a firm $80 for it used ( and not even in what I call good condition either) :eek: :rolleyes: I told the pawn broker to look up Spyderco Endura on his internet to prove to him that I could get a new VG-10 version cheaper than that if I just shop around. Then at that point it started getting really heated so I immediately walked out of the store to avoid what was certain to be a major confrontation.

Congratulations on an excellent find. There are some older Spyders out there on the shelves if you just know where to look. I spot them at Gun Shows a lot when I get time to go. A lot of flea markets get them too and many times they don't even know what they have. A friend of mine nailed one of the later model MBS-26 Catchermans last summer for $20 :cool: . I used to see a lot of Merlin models at gun shows but they are quickly disappearing.

again that was an excellent find. There are things I like about the original Yojimbo that I do like better than the YO 2 model. That would be some terrific trade bait for the forums as well.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd pay $140 for a NIB Yojimbo. That's a good deal.
~David
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Nice find! Yeah, if that's not a screaming deal, it's pretty close.

I stumbled on a plain edge Merlin, SE Jester, and a Toad, all NIB at an old gun shop. Of course I bought all 3, and he gave me a break on the prices (which were pretty good already). That's the best gun shop find I've come across so far.
:bug-red-white
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

my local gun shop had one of the early Centofane spydercos with the metal handles on the shelf for probably a year or more. At this time I carried spyderco, but didn't really follow it too closely, and never liked combo edges so I ignored it. I ended up getting a cento4 and this reminded me of the gun shop centofante model, but it was gone when I went to look at it.

I remember it being very pricey, though.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

A lot of these places look up MSRP and expect to get that much out of them. That's what the pawn shops around here do, and I laugh at them for it. I'm so thankful that I have a knife shop 10 minutes from my house, even if he doesn't carry abut about a dozen different models at one time. That probably works to my advantage anyway or I'd be broke all the time from buying up every new model he gets in stock. I came real close to buying a Lum Chinese these other day just because it was the first time I'd handled one and I liked it a lot. I had to really summon up some self control though, I'm saving all my current knife funds for the forum knives and hopefully one of the CF Native 5's.
~David
Tonie Nichols

Post by Tonie Nichols »

I was thrilled when I went to the Oregon Knife Collectors show here in Eugene and found a stainless steel second gen Police plain edge model for $65.
v8r

Post by v8r »

$139 is cheap for a new first gen Yojimbo. You will not find one for that cheap anywhere else. I would call that a good deal/find.
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

Ned wrote:So I walked into a little sporting goods store here in Wyoming; went to the knife display and was looking at their selection of Spyderco products and low and behold I found this! Snatched it up...New in Box! :D
Haha I was not expecting a knife for this thread picture.
Ned

Post by Ned »

Thanks for all the comments guys... I have made up my mind now to make a list of all the little gun/sporting goods shops I can find in the area and take the wife and go on a little Spyderco treasure hunt!

DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I am not that lucky its just not in my genes.
JD Spydo

Spyders are a Horrible Temptation toward poverty

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:A lot of these places look up MSRP and expect to get that much out of them. That's what the pawn shops around here do, and I laugh at them for it. I'm so thankful that I have a knife shop 10 minutes from my house, even if he doesn't carry abut about a dozen different models at one time. That probably works to my advantage anyway or I'd be broke all the time from buying up every new model he gets in stock. I came real close to buying a Lum Chinese these other day just because it was the first time I'd handled one and I liked it a lot. I had to really summon up some self control though, I'm saving all my current knife funds for the forum knives and hopefully one of the CF Native 5's.
I hear you loud and clean EVIL :D I got to the point to where if I went to check out any blades at any gun shows, sporting good stores or any place that sold Spyders I would not take any cash, debit or credit cards or any way to pay for a new Spyder :o I truly did get myself "knife poor" at one time and I won't do that again. I now limit myself to no more than 3 new knives a month or no more than 4 even if I score a big pay check.

It is a horrible temptation if I get a top notch Spyder or Benchmade in my hands :rolleyes: ; One that I can't afford to cave in on at this point. Unless I find a "sugar-moma" with an 8 digit bank account to back me up :D I"m still looking :D Spyderco knives are truly a quick way to the poor house if you don't apply the brakes in time :rolleyes:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!