New Spyderco Today!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chevy

New Spyderco Today!

Post by Chevy »

Walked into my LGS (local gun shop) today and noticed a ATR Ti sitting in one of the cases in LNIB condition, with the original box. Asked how long it had been in the store (several months) and did some quick research. Long story short, it now is in my possession for $34. After owning numerous current production Spydies, I have turned my attention towards those that have been discontinued and all.

My name is Chevy, and I am a Spyderholic. Not sure if that helps but they say admittance is the first step to recovery (however there is no end in sight :) ).
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

:spyder:wants: Pingo, Yojimbo2, Street Beat, Jester, Ronin, Starmate.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Wow. You robbed those poor folks. Nice find.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Nice score.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Holland

Post by Holland »

very nice buy!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
avocadobbq

Post by avocadobbq »

Nice. I'll give you $35 for it :D
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

avocadobbq wrote:Nice. I'll give you $35 for it :D
****, I know where he can triple his money! :D
Great find and welcome to being bitten by the discontinued spydie bug.

BTW, this thread is useless without pics.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Chevy,

34$ for a LNIB ATR?! Now THAT is the definition for "Deal of the Century." :eek: Kudos, mate. Enjoy your new blade and welcome aboard to the forum.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome, great find and love the name.
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

chevy wrote:walked into my lgs (local gun shop) today and noticed a atr ti sitting in one of the cases in lnib condition, with the original box. Asked how long it had been in the store (several months) and did some quick research. Long story short, :eek: :eek: :eek: it now is in my possession for $34 :eek: :eek: :eek: . After owning numerous current production spydies, i have turned my attention towards those that have been discontinued and all.

My name is chevy, and i am a spyderholic. Not sure if that helps but they say admittance is the first step to recovery (however there is no end in sight :) ).
wow!!!!!!!!!! (emphasis and eek faces added by me of course)
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Welcome and congrats on the deal!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

All,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will post pics soon (not sure how to post on here though).
:spyder: in possession: Endura4 CE, Endura4 Trainer, Delica4 PE, Delica4 Trainer, Matriarch2, Manix2 PE Black Blade, Atlantic Salt, Tasman Salt SE, Tasman Salt PE, Pacific Salt PE Black Blade, UKPK Drop Point PE Maroon, Squeak, Bob T, Grasshopper, Kiwi Stag, Native Lightweight CE, Ambitious, Poliwog, Manbug LW, Native5, ATR Ti SE, Spydercard, Calypso Jr. SE, Caly 3.5 G10, Meerkat, Street Bowie, Swick2.

en route:

jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Chevy wrote:All,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will post pics soon (not sure how to post on here though).

Welcome and congratulations.

Several ways to post pictures here it seems. What I do is copy (upload?) them into a photo album within the forum. Click on your user ID to get there. Then copy and paste the image url (correct term?) into the post. It's the bottom of two character strings you see when looking at the picture in the album. BBC code I think. Sounds more complicated than it is. Others use photo hosting sites. I've never done that but I'm sure it's got it's benefits and isn't difficult.

Ok, where's the picture??? :D
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Wow!! Welcome and GREAT score!!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Now that I have an idea of what to do in regards to posting pics, I will do so when I get off work. Out of curiosity, what does an ATR Ti go for these days or when it was released?

en route:

Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Correction, after looking at the box, it seems to be not a titanium model. Still, I like this knife!!!!!

en route:

Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Correction #2 it is a titanium model after close comparision to pictures on the 'net.

en route:

IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Take a magnet and put it on the scale if it sticks it's not Ti. Anyway for $34 it's a steal! Nice find, enjoy it :)
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
Tank

Post by Tank »

Quickest way to know Ti or not.. SS version has 6 holes in the handle and the Ti only has 4. Either way that is one **** of a score.. enjoy it.
-John
SgtSmoke

Post by SgtSmoke »

I would have happily laid ten times that for a titanium ATR.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

4 holes, so titanium it is. Guess I made out pretty well regardless. Also won a Spydercard last night and making the payment this evening.

en route: