Delica 4 The Way it Should Be

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cmcnie

Delica 4 The Way it Should Be

Post by cmcnie »

Delica 4 G10

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad20 ... 2e125d.jpg

other pics are in album.

Sorry I cant figure out how to upload a picture. Nothing I do works.
Zeabed

Post by Zeabed »

Yup, the way it should be. Out of the box.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Some of us like FRN.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Holland

Post by Holland »

ya i prefer frn for my smaller knives. Very nice mod none-the-less. and welcome to the forums!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

cmcnie wrote:Delica 4 G10

other pics are in album.

Sorry I cant figure out how to upload a picture. Nothing I do works.
Use the IMG code by clicking on the menu at right hand side of the page. Paste all of it from [IMG}.... up to [/IMG]

Next image:Image

and so on ;)
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

Eh.

I like the FRN handles.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm not among them, but G-10 certainly has its fans. However, in the case of the G-10 Delica there weren't enough of them, or at least not enough of them willing to pay an extra $40 to $50 to own one.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
buckthorn

Post by buckthorn »

As Deacon implies, G-10 versions (grey or light green, I've forgotten) were available for a relatively brief period. You, nevertheless, have done a fine job on your own. Congratulations!
CaptainTim

Post by CaptainTim »

Nice! Good job! Yeah, I'd take a Delica in G-10.
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Very nice work. Next project: Desert ironwood scales for a Delica. Turn a staple model into a piece of art. ;)

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

Thanks for the tip!
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

those had full stainless liners though and weighed a lot more than the standard one. this one uses the partial liners of the FRN and weighs the same as the FRN version ( or slightly more but its not noticeable)
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

buckthorn wrote:As Deacon implies, G-10 versions (grey or light green, I've forgotten) were available for a relatively brief period. You, nevertheless, have done a fine job on your own. Congratulations!
those had full stainless liners though and weighed a lot more than the standard one. this one uses the partial liners of the FRN and weighs the same as the FRN version ( or slightly more but its not noticeable)
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

The Deacon wrote:I'm not among them, but G-10 certainly has its fans. However, in the case of the G-10 Delica there weren't enough of them, or at least not enough of them willing to pay an extra $40 to $50 to own one.
the one they put out had the full liners that made it heavy. not surprised it didnt sell. this one weighs nothing.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I suspect the steel backspacer contributed at least as much, if not more, to the extra .75 ounce of weight as the marginally larger liners. Some folks have also suggested that the foliage green color reduced interest. Personally, I still think the fact its MSRP was double that of the FRN version had more negative impact on sales than either weight or color, but that's neither here nor there. Whoever did your did a good job and, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that really matters.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cmcnie

Post by cmcnie »

The Deacon wrote:I suspect the steel backspacer contributed at least as much, if not more, to the extra .75 ounce of weight as the marginally larger liners. Some folks have also suggested that the foliage green color reduced interest. Personally, I still think the fact its MSRP was double that of the FRN version had more negative impact on sales than either weight or color, but that's neither here nor there. Whoever did your did a good job and, as long as you're happy with it, that's all that really matters.
Agreed. Cuscadi made the scales if anyone is interested btw.
GTP2K1

Post by GTP2K1 »

I dig it, even prefer it. Nicely Done! An agree that Spyderco's iterations are often too expensive. I might be wrong but I think its the Dragonfly, you can get it with a ZDP-189 blade cheaper than you can with G-10 scales. I cant say I fully understand why this is, but its not my favorite thing about spyderco.

Byrd models with G-10 don't seem to suffer this fate strangely. Probably the only reason I own a Robin 2 Meadowlark 2 and Cara2 in G-10 Scales.
Endura I (First Spydie)
Tenacious (Work)
Para2, Strech II (EDCs)
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

For some reason I would only like to see G10 in foliage green for the Delicas. I would take a nice color of FRN over black G10.
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?