Techno love

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Stony

Post by Stony »

I have the itch for one soooo bad. I'll probably pull the trigger sometime soon.
squad314

Post by squad314 »

I have one inbound right now...Looking forward to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
LC Kid

Long Live Techno!

Post by LC Kid »

Techno Love? :D

Stay Sharp!
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

NICE photos there!!! makes mine look, well, not so nice ;) but you can still get a hint of how well made this folder is...

Mine arrived today, beauty, held off getting one due to how thick a blade it had, but was finally swayed :)
G2
"The Road to **** is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

Psalm 1
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Need to handle one of these & see how it feels in-hand. Like the looks of it.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

When thinking of the words "love at first sight," the Techno comes to mind. :) I've yet to find a knife that fits my every-day needs more perfectly than my Techno. It carries beautifully in my pocket too. In fact, I hardly know it's even there most of the time. I could probably ramble on about the Techno and its features for forever, but I think you get the gist. I simply love this solid "little-big" knife. :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Stugots-II

Post by Stugots-II »

I love mine, like many mine has seen more pocket time than any of my others. I do love little big knives and this one hits the nail on the head.

kaukol

Post by kaukol »

I'm afraid I won't be able to show all the love I feel for this knife :)
It kicked all other folders from my pockets (only ZDP Ladybug on my keys and fixed blade that I always carry are safe).
I think it is perfect EDC folder for me.

Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

very nice shots there, who made the fixed blade in the last photo?
G2

Psalm 1
kaukol

Post by kaukol »

Gary W Graley wrote:very nice shots there, who made the fixed blade in the last photo?
G2
Thank you, fixed blade is made by lithuanian knifemaker Andrius Tricius (TRC knives).
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

I love love love my Techno as well. It gets the most time in my pocket by far, probably 80-90% with a little PM2 action on the side. My favorite spydie so far.

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
dub

Post by dub »

^ awesome photo man! I love my Techno as cool. Such a cool little knife. I have a small Sebenza which I LOVE, but the Techno is so **** cool it might overtake that as EDC. Don't have any cool photos, but I do have the Cuscadi orange backspacer. I haven't put it on yet and not sure when I will...don't want to ruin that warranty just yet.

This is kind of a weird question, but did everyone's Techno come in a cut open plastic? I bought mine from HKS and was just wondering if they came from the factory in a cut open plastic or it's supposed to be sealed. I saw that tuffthumbz on YT has the same cut open plastic.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Bought mine used, but my PM2 came in a plastic sleeve with one end open.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

dub wrote:^ awesome photo man!
A little Instagram filter goes a long way...
GTPowers

Post by GTPowers »

I've beat the snot out of my Techno. The abuse makes me shameful but also a little prideful to know I don't baby the thing.
One thing I have learned from the Techno is that I'll probably never buy a stonewashed blade again as a user or EDC. Blame my sloppy inattentive sharpening but my Techno now has a zebra stripes from the stone corners.
Regardless, I love the steel, FnF, and handle material. Great knife all around, mine just isn't so pretty any more. A model of true beausage.
tvhaugen

Post by tvhaugen »

dub wrote:^

This is kind of a weird question, but did everyone's Techno come in a cut open plastic? I bought mine from HKS and was just wondering if they came from the factory in a cut open plastic or it's supposed to be sealed. I saw that tuffthumbz on YT has the same cut open plastic.
Mine came sealed in the plastic from Howes. It also has a darker clip than an earlier Techno I had.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

GTPowers wrote:I've beat the snot out of my Techno. The abuse makes me shameful but also a little prideful to know I don't baby the thing.
One thing I have learned from the Techno is that I'll probably never buy a stonewashed blade again as a user or EDC. Blame my sloppy inattentive sharpening but my Techno now has a zebra stripes from the stone corners.
Regardless, I love the steel, FnF, and handle material. Great knife all around, mine just isn't so pretty any more. A model of true beausage.
I can't help but hear the voice of Roger when reading anything you post!

My Techno has been a daily companion for months, and I'm liking it more and more.
:bug-red-white
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I think being lucky enough to have owned a number of mid-tech and full custom knives made me appreciate how amazing the Techno is.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
Gary W Graley

Post by Gary W Graley »

I was worried that there wouldn't be enough of the spyder hole available on the lockbar side to still index finger flip but I can JUST make it ;)
She's a dandy alright for sure, while mine arrived pretty sharp, toothy sharp, it's not as sharp as I have my Tenacious right now, but I know it will be once I've sharpened it on the edge pro, BUT I kinda like the toothy edge and will use that for a while.

Sal, I'd love to see a short video of someone showing how you guys sharpen your knives, I figure it's on a belt sander? This one had a burr on one side but was easy to cure and strop.

G2

Psalm 1
dub

Post by dub »

tvhaugen wrote:Mine came sealed in the plastic from Howes. It also has a darker clip than an earlier Techno I had.
I wonder if they're from different runs? All of the unboxing videos that I saw on YT showed them not sealed in the plastic. But I had one earlier that came sealed. A newer one I have came unsealed.

I'm just wondering if it's something from the factory or something that the shops do to make sure everything is okay before shipping? Mine still looked brand new of course, I was just wondering.