Blue G10 Lava

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

I won't be sending mine back either, but it could have been better.
Swick3 • Blue Lava • Orange Dodo • Persistence • Techno
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

willydigger wrote:I won't be sending mine back either, but it could have been better.
Yes, it could have. If only they'd left out the Boye dent and used smooth polished G-10, or screws so the scales could be replaced. :p Still, I like mine enough that I plan on getting a second one. :)

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

No issue with the Boyd. The scales on mine are screws. I'm actually planning to swap the scales for smooth G10. :D
No Longer Own - Dragonfly 2 G10 • Sage 1 • PM2 • Cat S30V G10 Custom • Orange FRN Dragonfly • Native 5 G10• Foliage Smallfly
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Deacon wrote:Yes, it could have. If only they'd left out the Boye dent and used smooth polished G-10, or screws so the scales could be replaced. :p Still, I like mine enough that I plan on getting a second one. :)

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
I thought that the Sprint Lava had a screw-together construction? Nice pictures too, by the way. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

SpyderNut wrote:I thought that the Sprint Lava had a screw-together construction? Nice pictures too, by the way. :)
Son of a gun, I must be going blind. I could have sworn the heads were smooth domes on both sides. :o OTOH, it's one of those moments when I'm glad I was wrong.
Paul
black

Post by black »

The Deacon wrote:Yes, it could have. If only they'd left out the Boye dent...
What's wrong with the Boye dent? Heard you're not a fan.
dres_x

Post by dres_x »

vaisforlovers wrote:Here are some crummy cel phone pics. I was on the way out the door for Saturday's kids sports.

Awesome thanks! I really want this one now XD
Donut

Post by Donut »

All these pictures and I haven't seen one that shows the CLB logo on the opposite side. The Spydie side seems to be pretty popular.

*edit* At the very end of the last page, einstein posted 2 pics of that side. Thanks man!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Donut wrote:All these pictures and I haven't seen one that shows the CLB logo on the opposite side. The Spydie side seems to be pretty popular.

*edit* At the very end of the last page, einstein posted 2 pics of that side. Thanks man!
Here's another one...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
willydigger

Post by willydigger »

What is the CLB logo?
Invective

Post by Invective »

willydigger wrote:What is the CLB logo?
Chad Los Banos, the designer for the Lava
Donut

Post by Donut »

Thanks Paul. I think it's a pretty attractive knife!
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Foghorne

Post by Foghorne »

It is a very cool knife. Saw it at the factory outlet this weekend. Blue G-10 handle looks and feels great. This display model also has the Boye dent in the stamp.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I finally ordered mine. Can't wait to get it.
Foghorne wrote:It is a very cool knife. Saw it at the factory outlet this weekend. Blue G-10 handle looks and feels great. This display model also has the Boye dent in the stamp.
The Boye dent refers to the cutout in the lock bar.
:bug-red-white
Foghorne

Post by Foghorne »

gbelleh wrote: The Boye dent refers to the cutout in the lock bar.
Yes, I thought someone made a joke about the dent in the stamp being the Boye dent, but it looks like that someone is me :D
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Just to clear up any confusion.

Boye dent, stamp dent, I'm still looking forward to getting it!
:bug-red-white
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

Hey fellow spydie lovers,

I've been waiting for my local shop to have these in but the wait is torturous! :p I am just afraid that the stock will run out before they get a few pieces in. I have a mailbox just across the border in the states.. thinking about just ordering it there.. have any fellow canadians ever had a problem with customs when driving across when reporting a knife purchase?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures everyone! I am so excited for this one :D
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder:
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Where has the man we call DAYWALKER been hiding? I would love to hear his take on getting "sprinted"! As a matter of fact, that might get me to pull the trigger as I have been on the fence between this, the Cruwear, and a bunch more!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

tomoto wrote:Hey fellow spydie lovers,

I've been waiting for my local shop to have these in but the wait is torturous! :p I am just afraid that the stock will run out before they get a few pieces in. I have a mailbox just across the border in the states.. thinking about just ordering it there.. have any fellow canadians ever had a problem with customs when driving across when reporting a knife purchase?

I've bought a few and drove them across the border. I've never specifically said I bought a knife. They just ask how much I spent shopping. It shouldn't be a problem though as the Lava isn't prohibited or anything. You may want to tighten the pivot just before crossing if you wanted to be extra careful. Honestly I would rather drive a knife across the border than have it shipped. You never know when a border guard may need a new folder.

When in doubt, call them. I sold a bike in the states the other day, I called up the border to see if there were any problems with driving across to sell a bike to an American. They said it was no problem. Gave me some piece of mind.

If you are canadian and waiting for your local shop to get them in I hope you aren't referring to Warriors & Wonders. As their supply has come and gone. Good luck!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

tomoto wrote:Hey fellow spydie lovers,

Depends where you are...I've bought 6 Spydercos off the internet, 4 out of the US and had them shipped up to me with no issues. 6 if you count the 2 Seto Damascus kitchen knives that just came in a few days ago.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden