Time for a Giveaway!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
marineair

Post by marineair »

First was a Manix 2, latest: Blue Para 2. Surpises along the way: I'd actually spend over 100 dollars on a knife, and then more than once.

thurin

Post by thurin »

First: Tenacious
Latest: Caly 3 SB
Surprises: How quickly I became addicted (especially to the Carbon Fiber).

Thanks for the contest. The stretch is on my short list of next to buy.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

My first: a Centofante 3. My latest: Tuffram Worker. I was suprised at how friendly and helpful everyone is on the forums.\

Great giveaway idea!
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Awesome GAW!

My first Spydie was the Gray Calypso, Jr Sprint....which eventually became my fiance's first as well. My latest Spydie is the ZDP Ladybug I picked up at a local gun and knife show earlier this month.

Surprises I've found along the way...well, the biggest would probably have to be how innovative Spyderco is.....and how much Sal and crew actually listen to the customers.....that goes a long way. Other than that...Spyderco was the first brand since Case that I actually really took a liking to.
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
ricechrispy

Post by ricechrispy »

Thanks for the contest!

1. My first Spyderco was a Paramilitary 2.
2. My latest Spyderco was a Superleaf.
3. When I first was looking at knives, I thought all Spydercos looked ugly. After losing my Kershaw Shallot, I decided to replace it with a Spyderco just so I could see what all the hype was about. Several Spydercos later, I'm surprised by the fact that a brand of knives that I once dismissed as ugly is now the only production brand that really appeals to me aesthetically.
In chronological order:
Paramilitary 2, BD30P Manix 2, Delica 4, M390 Mule, XHP Military, Dragonfly 2, Woodcraft Mule, ZDP-189 Manbug, Cruwear Mule, Superleaf, Forum Native 5, Manix 2 XL, Endura 4
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

My first Spyderco is my red Gen 1 Endura, my last is the Sprint run Calypso that is in the mail. My biggest surprise is that Spyderco keeps coming out with neat new stuff that I want.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

First true Spyderco was the Sharpmaker. Most recent Spyderco was the most recently released Mule. My surprise is how much pleasure I get out of rescuing, rehabilitating and using injured/abused Spydercos.

Excellent GAW!
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wec12

Post by wec12 »

My first is Salt I black & the newest is red Persian :) .
I am quite surprised that the emotion flows with the incoming Spydie in the mail!

Thanks for the chance.
█ Copycat :mad: █
█ A.K.A. Mr.Dissector █
█ "Think before You Cut" --- Sal Glesser. █
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

My first spyder was a endura 1 my last was cricket.

I'm surprised after all these years the endura is still my favorite knife 1 2 3 and 4
thanks for the chance
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
karbon

Post by karbon »

Great idea and offer

First was a para2 and the last was another m390 para 2.
This knife has won me over and is my hands down fav go to knife
I own only para 2's. 7 of them now!
Addicted to almost anything bow or blade related

:spyder:Paramilitary 2 Collector:spyder:
JudasD

Post by JudasD »

My first Spydero was an Endura. My Latest is the Southard. What surprised me along the way was that initially i only had an interest in a few Spydercos. Then it turned into more and more. Now i like almost everything they release LOL
Thanks for the giveaway!

JD
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

Thanks for the giveaway, and great idea for a bunch of stories!

My first Spydie was a Black SE Ladybug, and my latest one was a Southard Flipper (though there is a black lightweight Manix and a Yojimbo 2 in the mail ;)

My biggest surprise was that a model that I had handled and passed up twice before ended up being my absolute favorite! (Para 2)
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

My first Spyderco was a Carbon Fiber Cricket (SE). I loved that thing. I eventually lost it. It took a couple years till I got around to replacing it. By then it was only available in stainless steel. I got it anyways because I loved the size. Well I wound up liking the stainless version even better.
My most recent is a Native 5 G-10. I like this one a lot. Great ergos and built like a tank with a solid lock up. Well thought out knife (like most Spyderco knives).
I had a period of time where I was interested in collecting the cricket series. I had several variations but I never felt right having a knife not to use. I want to be able to use any knife and not worry about ruining its value. So I sold off all but one. The same also applies for a knife that is to expensive. To me anything over $100 and I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it around and using it. I also like quality so no cheapies for me.
FrankH

Post by FrankH »

Thanks for doing this. Someone is really going to be happy.

I have always loved knives and still have my first knife (a Camillus scout utility knife) that I received in 1952. In the early 1990's I read an ad in the Atlanta Cutlery catalog by Hank Reinhart about a two new knives on the market - the Spyderco Endura and the Delica. He really praised the Spyderedge. Even though I thought it was the ugliest knife I had even seen, I got a fully serrated Endura. I still have it and use it mainly for working in the yard. Vines are a problem here in Florida and the Endura is perfect. In 1994 (I remember the exact year because they sent me a 1994 Spyderco catalog which I still have) I purchased a Delica. I have had a Delica of some type clipped to my pocket ever since. I really love Spyderco's and have gifted a few Delica's to family members over the years. Spyderco makes a great knife that works hard and lasts.
** Endura 1 SE G2, Delica 1 CE G2, Co-Pilot SE Almite G2, Bob Terzuola Jr CE ATS-34, Rescue Jr SE ATS-55, Caly 3 PE VG-10 G10, Lady Bug II SE AUS-6, Delica 4 PE VG-10, Endura 4 CE Vg-10, Lady Bug 3 PE VG-10, Cricket SE VG-10, Salt 1 PE H1, Dragonfly 2 PE VG-10, UK Penknife PE CTS BD1 **
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

My first Spyderco was a Q model that I bought for ~$25 back in 1998. It "disappeared" in late 1999 (I picked up a replacement on eBay a couple years ago, though at a much higher price ;) ).

The most recent addition to my collection is a pair of CTS-XHP Mules, one regular and one blemish.

Over the years I've encountered many surprises, from how comfortable a knife can be despite very boxy looking handles (Breeden Rescue, Chokwe) to just how much I'd spend on a knife (in '98 I thought $30 was a lot for a knife, but I just spent almost $250 on a Southard Flipper and will lay down the cash for a custom of his if his book ever opens up again). Despite all that, the thing that surprised me more than anything is the generosity and camaraderie that the forum members here share. This is a great group of guys (and the occasional gal that wanders in!) that are always willing to share their knowledge, take time to take photos when asked, care about the lives of other Spyderco aficionados, and generally mind their manners in the wild wild west that is the internet forums.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Holland

Post by Holland »

My first!

The latest!

Im amazed by how addicting the para2s are, and i never knew how many different steels there are

Thanks for the giveaway
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
uncleduncle

Post by uncleduncle »

First Spyderco: Black FRN Dragonfly
Latest Spyderco Racing Green ZDP Dragonfly

Interesting. After getting the DF I really liked the style and blade shape. I was looking for something bigger and the Caly Series started speaking to me. Very similar style and I don't think I can go to easily without a choil, or those inconspicuous wire pocket clips!
JV3

Post by JV3 »

What was your very first Spyderco? an all-black military.
What was your latest Spyderco? an all-black para-military 2.
What surprises did you encounter along the way? spyderco is known for their folding knives but i was very surprised to find out that they too make the best fixed blade for woods use...i've tried a lot of 3-6" fixed blades and nothing can compare to how ergonomic the bushcraft is!

thanks for the give-away! :)
dneyn

Post by dneyn »

Thanks for the chance!

What was your very first Spyderco? Blue Delica4
What was your latest Spyderco? I bought two at the same time. A Dragonfly 2 ZDP189 and a Gayle Bradley.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

gbelleh wrote: To enter, please tell us: What was your very first Spyderco? What was your lastest Spyderco? What surprises did you encounter along the way?
Firstly thanks for the chance and your generosity, what a great prize.

My first spyderco was the assist model in black, has become a regular companion in the car.

My latest spyderco was the techno, I was especially impressed with cts-xhp, takes a very keen edge.

I was really surprised how good the d4 is, I had overlooked it to begin with but is now my go to user at work, it totally sold me on FRN and VG10.
I see, said the blind man.