Para-Military2 *In Stock* at the following links... (:

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

Phantazm wrote:Just got mine from tactical cutlery. Looks pretty legit to me.
No offense, but you have three posts on these forums, and all three are related to tactical cutlery - given the large amount of evidence implying this company is not legit, I hope others will hold off on ordering from tactical cutlery until somebody who is a bit more established speaks of a positive experience with them.
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Phantazm

Post by Phantazm »

Yea I read them all after I placed the order. I attempted to cancel the order but they assured me that they would send it out on Tuesday, and it just came in today. Can anyone else here confirm that they got their knife from tactical cutlery?
Phantazm

Post by Phantazm »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:No offense, but you have three posts on these forums, and all three are related to tactical cutlery - given the large amount of evidence implying this company is not legit, I hope others will hold off on ordering from tactical cutlery until somebody who is a bit more established speaks of a positive experience with them.
Non taken. I would be hesitant also. Hopefully someone else steps up
mattman

Post by mattman »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Ughh Tread carefully here, Tactical-Cutlery IE "Blade Bandits" in Tampa Florida..

A couple of not so good threads about them over on BF's:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... utlery-com

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... al-cutlery
When the "tactical-cutlery" vendor was first mentioned in this thread, I went to their site, and they appeared to be based in Ann Arbor,MI, iirc...

Also, iirc, they say they're opening a storefront...

I'm not vouching for them, but I also read the BF threads, and I can't find a direct connection/evidence...

proceed with caution, but let's not throw the baby with the bath water yet...?

(just my humble observations)
(also, I have not ordered anything...)
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

I sent them (Tactical) an email asking about my order status yesterday, and got a response within an hour assuring me that they received half of their order of PM2s yesterday and were expecting to have the other half in today, with all orders going out by the end of the week.

Their phone number has a Michigan area code.

And I might be a little slow, but I can't find anything in that BF thread that ties Tactical to Blade Bandits, either. The only guy saying he got burned by Tactical has two posts on BF... both of which are one after another, in that thread.

I'm just going to let it play and see how it works out. I haven't seen any solid evidence tying them to an older, crooked business, much less any indication that they've done anything crooked themselves. Will update.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Skywalker wrote:I sent them (Tactical) an email asking about my order status yesterday, and got a response within an hour assuring me that they received half of their order of PM2s yesterday and were expecting to have the other half in today, with all orders going out by the end of the week.

Their phone number has a Michigan area code.

And I might be a little slow, but I can't find anything in that BF thread that ties Tactical to Blade Bandits, either. The only guy saying he got burned by Tactical has two posts on BF... both of which are one after another, in that thread.

I'm just going to let it play and see how it works out. I haven't seen any solid evidence tying them to an older, crooked business, much less any indication that they've done anything crooked themselves. Will update.
Then why in the pic that got posted of the Para 2 is the return/from address clearly:

Tactical-Cutlery
4112 "Cant Read" Place
Tampa, FL 33694

That zip is Tampa FL.

So they have a store in Michigan but want it returned to Tampa?? :confused:

Anything is possible I suppose.

Oh and see post #3 of the the first link I pasted to see the comment about Blade Bandits now being called Tactical-Cutlery. When I saw that return address was when the red flags started going up.

I hope it works out for you and you get your order no problem :)
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

Bleh... you're right, didn't look at that pic closely enough. Ok, I might be slightly convinced now... starting to look like filing a complaint with paypal is going to be the way to go if I don't get a tracking number before the weekend.

I usually stick with KW, CS, and Howe's, but a deal like that... :o

Guess I'll be more careful next time, regardless of how this turns out.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Good catch, Philo!

That DOES make a funny smell, now...
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

I bought one from them too. Tracking number says delivery tomorrow. Seems legit so far despite the rumors. Ill update tomorrow what I find.
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

Package went to a different address in different state. They have today to either refund my money or send another. If not I'll dispute with PayPal. I'm protected against fraud with PayPal. Oh well, live and learn.
Phantazm

Post by Phantazm »

How the **** did that happen?? Maybe they sent you the wrong tracking number?
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

Possibly. Bottom line I paid and got no knife yet. Not worried, PayPal has my back for such a small amount. I'm giving them til COB and then i dispute.

One of the benefits of going through PayPal. Shoulda just waited and bought from Jeff or Jim like I usually do...
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

Well....30 mins later and I have an update, they came through!!!

As I was typing my last post I got an email from them stating to check my mail today it should be there. I assume they just gave me the wrong tracking #. Well, being its a new site, awesome price, and some of the neg feedback here I thought I got scammed.

They delivered an authentic brand new PM2 at a great price. It also has a return address in Tampa FL like others noted.

They'll get more of my biz if they continue like this...
sechip

Post by sechip »

i'll admit it... it was me who started the para2 tactical-cutlery post and at the time totally thought they were legit, otherwise i never would have posted. i ended up ordering a camo/satin pm2 that was supposed to be shipped tuesday...and guess what the excuses started flying, first he was on the road and would update my tracking info "shortly" then a couple hours later i called on one of two cell numbers he gave me and was told by his dad that order did not ship because of u.p.s. **** up. so i emailed him and asked how he planned on updating my tracking info when the knife never even shipped! so he emails me back and says i've got a family emergency and will ship when possible. i emailed him back and told him if you can't do what you say you are going to do then cancel my order. he emailed back i'm canceling your order and crediting your cc, needless to say no credit yet-but i called my cc to dispute the charges. i know ultimately i won't be charged but it really chaps my *** that this scumbag is still getting paid! sorry for any inconvenience i might have inadvertantly caused. scott
Phantazm

Post by Phantazm »

Cutlery shoppe are getting some para 2 today at 3:00 mountain time.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Phantazm wrote:Cutlery shoppe are getting some para 2 today at 3:00 mountain time.
Bout to grab some popcorn and see how fast these sell out.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

I just looked and they are listed as "Back ordered".
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

CS still has some.

It has the buy option still even if it says backordered.

Only the satin is left now.

Got my black/dlc :)
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

All gone from CS
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

FCM415 wrote:All gone from CS
Looks like they lasted less than 15 minutes. Dang.