This year join the NRA

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

This year join the NRA

Post by RanCoWeAla »

If you are looking for a New Years resolution and are a gun owner the best thing you could possibly do is to join the NRA. I know there are lots of gun enthusiasts on the Spyderco forum and some of you are already NRA members. The NRA is the only reason we are still able to own guns in this country and if you want to keep them now is the time to act. I'm reaching out to you as I'm sure the other NRA Members on the forum who read this are reaching out to you to please take that step and join today. Spyderco knives, guns, and the outdoors all go hand in hand and I know that all of us who are physically able are true outdoor enthusiasts.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Please delete the political references.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Tank

Post by Tank »

Keep politics off this forum, Please delete asap. If not it will get VERY ugly.

From the spyderco rules of the forum.
• In an attempt to respect the extreme diversity of our members, we ask that you do not start or participate in any discussions relating to religion or politics.
-John
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

This is utterly ridiculous.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Because of the only three replys I have to this I can't help but think that Spyderco is anti-gun which is very disappointing. However when you type gun in the search block at the top of the forum page you find hundreds of references to guns why is that. I placed tbis exact same thread on another knife forum and when I checked this morning I had 37 replys all positive. My question now is does Spyderco take an anti-gun stance or what because if they do I have a bunch of Spyderco knives to get rid of. I want to hear from management and other forum membrrs on the subject of gun ownership.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

You are judging a company based on the responses of people who use its forum. I've been an NRA Life Member for over 45 years, but I agree with Sequimite and Tank that you should read the forum rules and post your political crap somewhere else.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

What political crap
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

RanCoWeAla wrote:What political crap
Well you deleted it. If you didn't know what the poitical crap was, how did you know what to delete?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

MAYAN DOOMSDAY IS COMING!!!!!

Being anti-gun and anti-rhetoric are two different things.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
bc

Post by bc »

I just could care less about your opinions. This is a knife forum.

But I will take those knives if your passing them out!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Seeing some nice hypocrisy by certain members towards the OP, with regards to political comments.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
BAL

Post by BAL »

I have been an NRA member for years and also asked that people join.
I don;t necessarily agre with everything that the NRA supports along the
political lines, but as a long time conceal carry holder, I definately support
the right to protect my family.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Monocrom wrote:Seeing some nice hypocrisy by certain members towards the OP, with regards to political comments.
Guilty as charged, although I can't recall ever starting a thread that way and don't recall ever being the first one to politicize one. But yes, there are times when the temptation to respond in kind gets the better of me. Not that that's a valid excuse, just a human one.

As for the actual subject of this thread, if the OP's initial post the thread had looked the way it does now, I'm sure it would have been received differently.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

BAL wrote:I have been an NRA member for years and also asked that people join.
I agree with this 100%.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I don't necessarily agree with everything that the NRA supports along the
political lines, but as a long time conceal carry holder, I definitely support
+2. I was 3rd generation NRA, and I'm a sportsman as well; however, I recently resigned because I am not content with the hyperbolic lengths they are taking their rhetoric to. From here on out, I will directly contact my representation about bills which I support or oppose.

I believe in controlled access, and am proud to have done training to get my carry. I am proud of my pistol & rifle training, and my martial arts training which give me the mental preparedness to accept the responsibility of arms ownership. Patriots love their country enough to make sure dangerous weapons don't end up in the hands of terrible and incompetent people (covered in 2nd amendment - "well-regulated militia"). It's not people like us who go on rampages - shooting random children, but unless people like us differentiate ourselves from the crazies through evaluation and training, we're going to keep getting treated like we're crazy by the rest of society: especially if we advocate for the unabridged ability of crazies to get guns and carry them everywhere.
Sir Humphry Davy
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Because of the only three replys I have to this I can't help but think that Spyderco is anti-gun which is very disappointing. However when you type gun in the search block at the top of the forum page you find hundreds of references to guns why is that. I placed tbis exact same thread on another knife forum and when I checked this morning I had 37 replys all positive. My question now is does Spyderco take an anti-gun stance or what because if they do I have a bunch of Spyderco knives to get rid of. I want to hear from management and other forum membrrs on the subject of gun ownership.
RanCoWeAla,
I think there might be some confusion. The issue had nothing to do with guns. The issue was with political statements apparently included in your original post. I didn't see your original post, but since you edited it I'm confident that you knew what the issue was. A majority of our members understand our wishes with regard to this forum and the discussions that we foster. We have only a few rules and one of those is that we do not discuss politics.

I'm not sure I'm following how you could interpret the responses given by members of the forum as meaning that Spyderco is anti-gun?? :confused:

I am a member of the NRA (have been for a long time) and I own several firearms.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
linuxology

Post by linuxology »

Shooting USA offering 10 dollars off one year membership. http://www.shootingusa.com/LATEST_UPDAT ... rship.html
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

SolidState wrote:+2. I was 3rd generation NRA, and I'm a sportsman as well; however, I recently resigned because I am not content with the hyperbolic lengths they are taking their rhetoric to. From here on out, I will directly contact my representation about bills which I support or oppose.
Agree w/ SolidState. These are my feelings as well. Some of the inane logic they are coming up with to defend their position borders on the ridiculous.

-Someone died in a car crash we need to ban cars.

-Someone drowned, we need to ban water.

-etc etc

These are but a mere two examples I have heard and / or read in recent weeks and I just can't wrap my head around it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
jvarn81

Post by jvarn81 »

I agree.....and I renewed my NRA membership the day after the shooting...
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Because of the only three replys I have to this I can't help but think that Spyderco is anti-gun which is very disappointing. However when you type gun in the search block at the top of the forum page you find hundreds of references to guns why is that. I placed tbis exact same thread on another knife forum and when I checked this morning I had 37 replys all positive. My question now is does Spyderco take an anti-gun stance or what because if they do I have a bunch of Spyderco knives to get rid of. I want to hear from management and other forum membrrs on the subject of gun ownership.
This might be the dumbest comment I have ever seen posted on this forum.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2