Jot Singh Khalsa G-10 Sprint Run 2013

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jay_Ev

Jot Singh Khalsa G-10 Sprint Run 2013

Post by Jay_Ev »

Spyderco Khalsa limited edition Sprint Run is a 2013 remake of the classic Jot Singh design in Black G10. Brand new direct from Spyderco.
Who else is excited and can't wait for this one? There was a thread a while back where Sal was tossing the idea around and now it looks like it's happening. Thanks Sal and Spyderco crew!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Hmmm, I'm not sure on this one. Short cutting edge length to handle ratio doesn't appeal to me. It's extremely wide when folded and makes me wonder how it carries. However the ergos looks comfy.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

First I'm hearing of this. I'd definitely be in for one. I like the weird Spydies.
:bug-red-white
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Sounds interesting. That's the one with the picture of the guy riding it like a flying carpet, right?
Holland

Post by Holland »

Pockets wrote:Sounds interesting. That's the one with the picture of the guy riding it like a flying carpet, right?
yep haha, looks like an interesting model, just not my cup of tea
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
tobii3

Post by tobii3 »

Love that design!!
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I don't think it's for me, for the same reasons others stated. I'm sure they will sell out on the Sprint run quantity, but it doesn't seem to have the appeal to sell larger numbers.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Super!! I love my original Jot...

Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It is an interesting design. And I like it for that reason, not really for carry and use. But I will say...if it isn't in micarta, I won't be interested. And I highly doubt that it will be, Spyderco doesn't like to use it despite the forums love of it.
On the hunt for...
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:It is an interesting design. And I like it for that reason, not really for carry and use. But I will say...if it isn't in micarta, I won't be interested. And I highly doubt that it will be, Spyderco doesn't like to use it despite the forums love of it.
No Micarta this time, its black G-10. I love the look of the micarta on the orignal :)

DeathBySnooSnoo

IG-88 wrote:No Micarta this time, its black G-10. I love the look of the micarta on the orignal :)
Yeah, and it's too bad. The Micarta looks great, and I like it as a handle material a lot.

I'll be skipping the G10 version.

I am guessing that it is going to be a VG-10 blade??
On the hunt for...
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I am guessing that it is going to be a VG-10 blade??
The dealer where I saw it listed didn't specify, but I'd say that's a good guess.
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Jay_Ev wrote:The dealer where I saw it listed didn't specify, but I'd say that's a good guess.
And Pre-order prices are steap!! $185 is a lot for G-10 and VG-10, if you look around you can find a mint oldie for that price.

Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Where are you seeing $185? Even with the Seki cost of building knives these days I would think it would be closer to the Massad Ayoob sprint at most dealers. Give or take.

It's an interesting design. I'm curious how the popular dealers will price it.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

That's the price I saw it at as well. Seems to be in line with the recent Starmate pricing, which has sparked a lot of discussion on this and other forums.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Jay_Ev wrote:That's the price I saw it at as well. Seems to be in line with the recent Starmate pricing, which has sparked a lot of discussion on this and other forums.
Yup, for not a whole lot more I skipped the new starmate and just got an old one. And it is a better knife.
I know that the cost of producing knives has gone up, but I think that there are times when the cost is going to just be too offputting based on what the knife is.
This one for example, if the G10 wasn't putting me off, the price would.
Give me polished G10 if you don't want to use Micarta, and a price tag of about $150-160 and I would be much more excited about these knives.
On the hunt for...
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I forgot about the Starmate :(

Economics sucks but rarely asks our opinion on it. I guess the lesser of the two evils is to produce a sprint of a knife where it was already produced for the sake of simplicity and not pulling a design away from a maker. If you are trying to sell 600-1000 Jot's trimming the fat off MSRP probably doesn't matter. Trying to find 3,000+ suitable homes? That's different.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

IG-88 wrote:No Micarta this time, its black G-10. I love the look of the micarta on the orignal :)
+100

After nearly 10 years of looking and (somewhat) patiently waiting, I ended up purchasing one of the original Jot Singh Khalsa's last January. I love that crazy-looking knife. Thought I'd never see the day when a Jot Sprint would be a posibility. Looks like I'll have to start saving up now... ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I kind of want to get one and modify aan action figure to look like the ad in a display :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

That's great news, I like my original micarta version. Due to its classic status I don't carry it much, this sprint could be a great user. Although weird looking, I think the Jot is a surpirisingly good edc.
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram