CS Spyderco Closeouts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackthedog

CS Spyderco Closeouts

Post by jackthedog »

Just a heads up that Jeff over at CS has a special section of 2012 discontinued models up on closeout. Very good markdowns on a lot of models, so I wanted to pass along a heads up.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Agree, quite a few of them have very nice prices with 60% off. Difficult to resist. I hope that they will be sold out faster than I will decide to buy any.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Good prices. But no closeout pricing on the Puukko anywhere yet.
:bug-red-white
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I am so so so tempted, but I can't spare the cash with the Southard and KW Para right around the corner. I have already purchased all my Christmas gifts for friends and family, but I would love a Zulu.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

gbelleh wrote:Good prices. But no closeout pricing on the Puukko anywhere yet.
I think he's still posting them, so definitely check back. I saw a few news ones pop up.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

xceptnl wrote:I am so so so tempted, but I can't spare the cash with the Southard and KW Para right around the corner. I have already purchased all my Christmas gifts for friends and family, but I would love a Zulu.
Yeah...the Leafstorm is tempting, but the two you mention are must-haves, so Kevin probably gets a pass...
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

Aaaarrgghhhhh!! I got a spare Lum Chinese a month ago in anticipation of it being discontinued. Should have waited a few weeks until the specials came out!!

None of the others really float my boat but at these prices I may have a closer look at a Chokwe and a Breeden Rescue just because they are so different
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Thanks for the heads up, as I missed out on the KC sale by waiting too long. I had planned on placing an order with CS for a pink Squeak and a Pingo, so got those and tossed in a Zulu and Breeden Rescue. The 75mm Persian is tempting, but I'll wait and see if it drops a little more, as I don't need one and should save some money for my Southard pre-order.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Yeah, I waited a while too. The Rescue and UKPK might be calling my name.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

A couple of hours ago, that special Spyderco close out menu did not work. I could however see some knives under the closeouts topic.

I do yearn for a second PPT and perhaps a large Persian but won't be pulling the trigger this time. Saving for a Kingdom Armory Samaritan with a Spydie hole.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

What is CS? Google turns up nothing and I'm not familiar with that acronym.
All God's critters have knives.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

zhyla wrote:What is CS? Google turns up nothing and I'm not familiar with that acronym.
Cutlery Shoppe
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I broke down and ordered the Breeden last night. I've always been somewhat interested in it, and I missed out on the Captain. Great price on the Zulu.
:bug-red-white
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I got a large Persian 2 and a Zulu, as well as a Starmate and pre-ordering the Brad Southard flipper. I know several people have complained about the Persian 2 in G10 not being near as nice as the original Persian, but I'm not that excited by bolsters, and I do really like my small Persian 2, much more than I had thought I would when I first ordered it, so I was already planning on getting the large one. Makes it that much easier to order at the discontinued price.

Sorely tempted to pick up a spare Super Leaf for under $100, but with having recently also purchased the CF Dodo, and Szabo as well, I may have to wait.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
sebaldus

Post by sebaldus »

Bye buy pay check. ;)
thelock

Post by thelock »

I hope they don't sell out of Zulu's by Saturday
:spyder: Paramilitary 2
:spyder: Bob Lum Tanto Sprint
:spyder: Anso Zulu
:spyder: Szabo Folder
:spyder: Delica ZDP-189
:spyder: SS Kiwi
:spyder: SS Bug set
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Ordered a superleaf today.. can't wait!
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

Thanks for the heads up, I had been wanting a Zulu for a while, but never would pull the trigger when I saw the price I couldn't pass it up, there went the Szabo money hopefully Santy Claws will bring me one.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

jabba359 wrote:...and tossed in a Zulu and Breeden Rescue
I really like my Breeden Rescue - very high quality (mine did not have a single flaw), and underrated folder IMO. At this price its a steal!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Siren, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Clip

Post by Clip »

Darn, think I missed out on the PPT.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris