C01 Worker sprint run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Holland

C01 Worker sprint run?

Post by Holland »

Would anyone be interested in a C01 Worker sprint? maybe in ZDP 189??
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

A sprint or updated full time production model of the Worker would be great, It was the second Spyderco that I bought. The first being the Police. that was along time ago. I would like to see a G10 version or perhaps a more inexpensive FRN version. This is one model that Spyderco has never changed from it's original design. I think it would be a great seller with a more up to date look!
APS

Post by APS »

I would be happy with the same version that they had in the late 90s before they were discontinued. To me the beauty of the Worker was in its original config.
Adam
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Definitely! Not ZDP though. That's a thin tip. VG10.

- best wishes, Jazz.
JD Spydo

I said it first

Post by JD Spydo »

Holland wrote:Would anyone be interested in a C01 Worker sprint? maybe in ZDP 189??
Holland you stole my thunder :D I've been screaming for a ZDP-189 Worker model for years now. I love the Worker model and I wish I had my ATS-55 version back that I traded a couple of years ago.

But YES!! a ZDP-189 Worker would be super.

Next to that one I would like to see the original C-54 big Calypso model be brought back in ZDP-189 as well.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Jazz wrote:Definitely! Not ZDP though. That's a thin tip. VG10.

- best wishes, Jazz.
You might be raising an interesting point Jazz. Because I'm not sure how the extreme point on the Worker model would hold up with ZDP-189. However do consider this>> I used my ZDP-189 Burgundy Caly Jr. model very hard for about 4 years plus and I never had either a chipping problem nor did I ever have the point snap off.

I've heard more about problems with serrated ZDP-189 models than I have with brittleness problems with certain models.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

JD Spydo wrote:You might be raising an interesting point Jazz. Because I'm not sure how the extreme point on the Worker model would hold up with ZDP-189. However do consider this>> I used my ZDP-189 Burgundy Caly Jr. model very hard for about 4 years plus and I never had either a chipping problem nor did I ever have the point snap off.

I've heard more about problems with serrated ZDP-189 models than I have with brittleness problems with certain models.
Well, if we got one and it was ZDP, I'd still get it. I really missed out on not liking Spydies in the 80's. :( Stupid me!
I would prefer VG10, though - great steel. I have to say, I really like ZDP 189, too - just seems too fine a tip for the hardness.

- best wishes, Jazz.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Jazz wrote:Well, if we got one and it was ZDP, I'd still get it. I really missed out on not liking Spydies in the 80's. :( Stupid me!
I would prefer VG10, though - great steel. I have to say, I really like ZDP 189, too - just seems too fine a tip for the hardness.

- best wishes, Jazz.
I'd be more than cool if I had a VG-10 Worker model. VG-10 is truly a blade steel that you just can't go wrong with. About 18 to 24 months ago there was an article in "TACTICAL KNIVES" magazine by a well known, well respected writer who said he had checked dozens if not hundreds of different blade steels to evaluate and he said that VG-10 is truly the best overall, hard use blade steel out there. And to a large degree I tend to agree with the man a lot more than I disagree with him.

The 2 Spyderco fixed blades I use a lot are both VG-10 ( Streetbeat & Temperance 1) and I find them to be 2 of the most dependable blades I've ever owned.

But still there is a place for the supersteels. Because that Caly Jr I had with the ZDP-189 blade truly was one of the handiest and most dependable folders I ever had. Also my latest Military model I currently own is the one with XHP blade steel. And I do want a Southfork with S90V very badly but when I get more of these blades with the supersteels they won't totally take the place of my VG-10 blades. VG-10 is just a very dependable, reliable blade steel and I find it very hard to replace and I do believe that it's here to stay for quite a while I'm sure.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Well put, JD. I love VG10. To me it still is a super steel. And I really want a Worker. SS, FRN, G10... I don't even care.

- best wishes, Jazz.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Jazz wrote:Well put, JD. I love VG10. To me it still is a super steel. And I really want a Worker. SS, FRN, G10... I don't even care.

- best wishes, Jazz.
If I had my pick I would like a Worker model with a G-10 handle and a VG-10 blade>> and that is if I couldn't get one with one of the supersteels like ZDP-189, S90V, XHP or even M4 would be a super cool folder.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

If I had to pick, it would be either SS (because it just seems right, even though they weigh a ton) or aluminum with VG10. I sure wouldn't complain about G10 or FRN (I know FRN wouldn't happen, though).

- best wishes, Jazz.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I still treasure my orginal version with SS and GIN steel. Based on my experience with this, I would love to see a G10 with S90v, S30v or VG10, plus deep carry wire clip.
Holland

Post by Holland »

Mako109 wrote:I still treasure my orginal version with SS and GIN steel. Based on my experience with this, I would love to see a G10 with S90v, S30v or VG10, plus deep carry wire clip.
the deep cary clip would take the knife to a new level imo
-Spencer

Rotation:
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Yeah, I could go for a C01 Worker in ZDP-189.
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

How bout a Ti Worker in VG10?
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
Holland

Post by Holland »

BDNX wrote:How bout a Ti Worker in VG10?
i like where this is going!
-Spencer

Rotation:
crackedskulla

Post by crackedskulla »

BDNX wrote:How bout a Ti Worker in VG10?
or even better a fluted Ti with damascus
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I need a worker, but don't want a ZDP worker. I'm down for most anything else.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

That'd be cool too!
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

crackedskulla wrote:or even better a fluted Ti with damascus
That'd be cool too!
** WTC # 1032 1533 **