Still can't buy a Paramilitary 2 its been 2 months or more

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
IceCold

Still can't buy a Paramilitary 2 its been 2 months or more

Post by IceCold »

What gives guys its been over 2 months and I just can't find a credible website I trust selling Paramilitary 2's for less than $180.

I know $180 is too much, I am more comfortable at $116 to $130. But Amazon does not have any Katerno, Knife center, Blade HQ. Nothing

It got so bad I bought a Black Delica 4 Combo edge to calm my frustration.

But what gives Christmas is around the corner, and unless I am watching these sites everyday I am gonna miss put on the ordering window they will just sell out again.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

That Delica looks cool. It looks too tactical for my uses though.

There are other Spyderco dealers out there and it would be really bad if everyone has run out. Hope you find one soon before you buy some more of them other Spydies. Frustration is good sometimes :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Have you read Cutlery Shoppe's note?

http://www.cutleryshoppe.com/search.aspx?find=Para

Based on that I would contact a dealer and place an order.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Maybe put a messge on BF buy/sell that you want one. I'll bet there are a couple of folks that have one or two they would let go at a reasonable price. Maybe they need cash for Christmas or have one they don't use. You never know. Just put any specifics you require. Blade steel, handle material, etc. That's if you can live with a used one that has been kept in good shape. Doubt if you would want a beat up rusty one. Or would you pay extra for that? :)

Good luck.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Probably just bad timing. Howe's had a bunch of Para2's last month going for $96. They were in stock of a couple weeks at least.
RYNOC

Post by RYNOC »

captnvegtble wrote:Probably just bad timing. Howe's had a bunch of Para2's last month going for $96. They were in stock of a couple weeks at least.

I was going to say the same thing I just got one of these from howes last week, all gone now. Keep your eyes peeled they will pop up sooner or later but won't last. Good luck!

Nice Delica by the way!
grewich

Post by grewich »

eBay, eBay, eBay, you can get any flavor, (aside from sprint) in your price range.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Maybe we're clearing stock so we can get some Para 3's in. lol :D
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

grewich wrote:eBay, eBay, eBay, you can get any flavor, (aside from sprint) in your price range.
Yep, ebay.
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Knifeworks?
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
JD Spydo

YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT~~Mick Jagger

Post by JD Spydo »

This eerily reminds me of back around 2004 when I went to the BLADE ShOW that summer in Atlanta with the main goal of getting 3 Spyderco blades and I only came home with one :(

But the one I wanted the worst was the Titanium ATR. When I arrived at the Waverly Hotel there in Atlanta I immediately went to the show right when it opened. I first checked with Spyderco ( who wasn't selling any knives at that particular show) and then I checked with every dealer at the show. But to no avail because there was only one dealer in the entire show who was even willing to even special order one. And He wanted full flaming retail up front before he would even attempt to order me one. And I believe it was $299 + tax at that time. There was no way I was going to give a stranger 3 C-Notes when I was finding it impossible to even get one other dealer to even give me a concrete date when they could get one.

After I got home from the show it was over 3 months before I finally snagged a Ti ATR on Ebay and it was the serrated version. It was another 2 months before I was able to land a plain edged version of the Ti ATR.

At that show I also wanted a D'Alton Toad and a Massad Ayoob for a friend of mine ( because I already had both of my own Ayoob models at the time). But it was so frustrating because I had $2000 in traveler's checks and I was ready to wheel and deal but no one and I mean no one could even give me a date when they could get me a Ti ATR or even order me one with certainty of a delivery date except that one dealer who was willing to order me one if I gave him all the full retail price up front but with no promise of a delivery date on top of that.

This isn't to cast dispersions on the great folks at Spyderco but I'm here to tell you that if there is a red hot model it's like the old Rolling Stone song says "YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT'. I later found out that they were having production problems with the Ti ATR but none of the dealers knew anything about it.

I was finally able to get another Ayoob model at the show but it took me 2 days to find it :(

For some reason I get the feeling that not much has changed when you want a certain hot model. But you will eventually get it if you keep persisting.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

A.G. Russell has the digi camo handled ones in stock. I was there on Tuesday picking up some kitchen knives for my sister's birthday. Good prices too.

A.G.'s website says "Para-Military" but they are the Para2's.
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

I hope posting that doesn't violate the rules.....just trying to help out a fellow forumite.....
Mahmer09

Post by Mahmer09 »

IceCold wrote:What gives guys its been over 2 months and I just can't find a credible website I trust selling Paramilitary 2's for less than $180.

I know $180 is too much, I am more comfortable at $116 to $130. But Amazon does not have any Katerno, Knife center, Blade HQ. Nothing

It got so bad I bought a Black Delica 4 Combo edge to calm my frustration.

But what gives Christmas is around the corner, and unless I am watching these sites everyday I am gonna miss put on the ordering window they will just sell out again.
AG Russell. Call them. Just got pm2 digi camo silver blade.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

grewich wrote:eBay, eBay, eBay, you can get any flavor, (aside from sprint) in your price range.
Even the regular production models are going for a premium on the bay; and holiday + short supply = price hike. There's also a few sprints available that some people will get severely gouged for

Here's the plain black C81GP2 at KW http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GP2 ... 10-Handles And it's in stock for now.
jon1all

Post by jon1all »

I just bought a satin/black on off amazon 3 days ago (arrived yesterday) for $108!

Go to amazon & search for Spyderco Paramilitary (w/o the 2). First one on top of list says Paramilitary only, but if you look closely you will see it's really a Para2! Once you add to the cart it will say "Paramilitary 2". And indeed when mine arrived yesterday it was a Para2! Good luck!!!
Apparently, arachnophobia is not a condition from which I suffer.... :spyder:
------
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." (oops!)
--Thomas Jefferson
PLEASE VISIT MY BLOG >>>1all's Pub<<<
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Just be patient and look at all the resources. I picked up a brown S35VN for a song and it's my best P2 yet!
USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Blade HQ shows the black g10 satin blade in stock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FarmerTed

Post by FarmerTed »

It's not that they aren't out there, you're simply not looking in the right place.
egbladesmith

Post by egbladesmith »

http://www.combattactical.com/paramilit ... 25394.html website i have dealt with before and had good luck. in stock for 122.99 PE satin