Tuff not so Tuff...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

Step right up! We've got cotton candy and bronco riding. Please pay in advance. Thank you the management!
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

JCP1969 wrote:Step right up! We've got cotton candy and bronco riding. Please pay in advance. Thank you the management!
Weeeee! :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Unless I missed it, there's no indication that the knife has been sent back...
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

And now begins Chapter the Fifth, in which our hero returns to Russia from England to help repel Napoleon's invading army and save Anna Karenina from her evil step-mother! Sorry, Chuck.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Is DCDesign in Russia?
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I think he's referring to that famous short story, War in Pieces. :confused: :grin:
BAL

Post by BAL »

tr4022 wrote:And now begins Chapter the Fifth, in which our hero returns to Russia from England to help repel Napoleon's invading army and save Anna Karenina from her evil step-mother! Sorry, Chuck.

Tod
You mean that cute little tennis player needs to be saved from her step-sister.
Hey Chuck.... ROAD TRIP.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Road Trip!!!! :D :D :D
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

WOW, this thread has turned into a real crazy train :eek:

Still lookin' for a Spyderco evaluation :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Given that there may be other items with the Spyderco warranty and repair unit which require attention, once this knife gets there, it may take a long time for feedback to come through. Although if DCDesigns has sent it in and if Sal has expedited its review, we may see some info sooner.

Until then I don't mind reading the sports, travel and history sections.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Speaking in a friendly way, doubt that's right. :) Once that knife gets into the building, I bet it gets immediate attention. :spyder:
KardinalSyn wrote:Given that there may be other items with the Spyderco warranty and repair unit which require attention, once this knife gets there, it may take a long time for feedback to come through. Although if DCDesigns has sent it in and if Sal has expedited its review, we may see some info sooner.

Until then I don't mind reading the sports, travel and history sections.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

JNewell wrote:Speaking in a friendly way, doubt that's right. :) Once that knife gets into the building, I bet it gets immediate attention. :spyder:
I would also like it to get immediate attention. Being a new type of knife and the nature of the issue. If package info was sent to Sal or Ed at time of dispatch, it would no doubt be looked at right away. Agree with you wholeheartedly. I just want some closure on this issue. I like my Tuff a lot :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

All I can say is that if I were running the shop, and that knife showed up, the folks in the mailroom would have it on my desk in less than 37.5 seconds. :spyder: :) And I think Sal is more attentive and obsessive than I am. :D
KardinalSyn wrote:I would also like it to get immediate attention. Being a new type of knife and the nature of the issue. If package info was sent to Sal or Ed at time of dispatch, it would no doubt be looked at right away. Agree with you wholeheartedly. I just want some closure on this issue. I like my Tuff a lot :)
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

I leave Monday for Colorado, I would love to see the knife when I arrive, I hope it has been shipped. I expected that when the knife was developed named the Tuff that there was going to be some folks who had to know how Tuff, I'm one of those folks. I'd really like the chance to evaluate the knife. Please send the knife to Spyderco. If you get this done I'll throw something in the return package...Take care...Ed
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

DCDesigns, you really have to ship your knife back after Mr. Schempp's post. You probably owe it to Mr. Schempp and Spyderco after starting this thread.
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

I bet it is already there. Probably waiting for Ed.
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

JCP1969 wrote:I bet it is already there. Probably waiting for Ed.
That would be great!
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I don't really get the current obsession with misusing folding knives. I just watched a youtube video of some idiot smacking his Emerson CQC13 on a log trying to make it break. Frankly I was shocked it didn't break, he was using it in a manner that was best described as gross misuse. As for the OP, I never seen the size of the branches, but in my younger dumber days I would constantly chop branches with my linerlock Kershaw Boa, with no ill effects
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I still would like to see an evaluation by Spyderco.

Hopefully DC hasn't gotten scared off the forum :eek:

Good, clear, and defintive answers are the best for this type of thread.
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

They don't publically haze you by calling/emailing W&R. I had to do it once and it was very quick and easy.

Not knocking the OP for going this route. You're just going to hear a bunch of opinions that don't matter. Getting responses to by Sal and Ed is pretty great though.