Old Knife New Lock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spydie-50

Old Knife New Lock

Post by Spydie-50 »

Not sure if this has been brought up before but would there be interest in bringing back older design knives with the comp. lock or CBBL. For example a c25/c50 with CBBL or a starmate with comp. lock? I'm sure some purist would be against it but just for disscusion sake. =)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Know there's no chance of it happening, but a midlock version of the C22 Walker might be interesting.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Yeah deacon I think the cost of re engineering the designs to fit new locks is going to stop that. I would love an original C22 with the cf scales with a back lock though swiss made of course. Still think the ocelot should have been produced with the comp lock instead of the back lock. I just wish spyderco would bring back more discoed models in general
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'd just be happy to see knives with those locks being brought back at all. I'd love to see the Vesuvius resurrected with the lock issues resolved. That's a grail for me, but i won't buy one of the older ones because i want a user.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Spydie-50

Post by Spydie-50 »

VashHash wrote:the cost of re engineering the designs to fit new locks is going to stop that.
Would it take a lot of engineering to make a liner lock knife into a comp. lock one?

I just think of all those popular liner lock versions that kept lefties from buying them would do well with the comp. lock.

I'm not saying to redo a bunch of old designs and bring them back with new locks.

I'd like to think that Spyderco is coming out with a bunch of new designs and isn't able to do this but if the creative juices aren't flowing why not bring back something from the past and do a little CQI.

They did it with the Manix why stop there.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Their plate is overflowing if anything,I think people fail to realize how small of a company spyderco is. The juices are flowing I doubt there is much down time