CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Philo Beddoe

Re: CF & S90v Manix2 XL and Yojimbo from KW

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Due to the price I've managed to avoid this one but it just went into very tempting status.. :cool:

S90V/CF Yojimbo: $199 and free shipping:

http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercoyojim ... dium=email" target="_blank
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm shocked these haven't sold out. I may pick up a third.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Yeah I'm seriously thinking about it now..IMO this might be the only LE YO2 that's ever done..

One cool thing is that KW says "Sale pricing on these Exclusives will run till further notice!"
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Does anyone know how many are left? I wonder if they'll do a second run someday.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I wonder if they'll do a second run someday.
I will be really surprised, if KW decided to do a second run. It takes a long time to sell the first.
This is bad. It can discourage Roger to do more Spyderco exclusives and he is responsible for bringing to us quite a few exquisite knives. When I went through reduction of my accumulation, I kept only one para - dark green. And only one Military CF/M390. I have these great knives thanks to Roger. I have his big Manix as well.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Well they have a couple benchmade exclusives that are still for sale that have been available for a long time. I'd be curious to know if this is a deal breaker for them, or if they expect this to happen every now and then. I can't say whether or not the CF Yo2 is selling well or not at all. I can only see that it didn't sell out immediately like other exclusives.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bh49 wrote:
I will be really surprised, if KW decided to do a second run. It takes a long time to sell the first.
This is bad. It can discourage Roger to do more Spyderco exclusives and he is responsible for bringing to us quite a few exquisite knives. When I went through reduction of my accumulation, I kept only one para - dark green. And only one Military CF/M390. I have these great knives thanks to Roger. I have his big Manix as well.

I hope not, it just means the flippers aren't jacking up prices on this one yet. The model they chose isn't as widely popular as the typical Para 2 either, so that has a lot to do with it. I really would love to see them commission a Manix 2 LW run, maybe S110V with a different color FRN.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

bh49 wrote:
It want effect anything..watch what happens if they ever do a M4 Para2 or K390 Millie exclusive..I can only hope we see either of those from KW..

The S90V Manix Xl sold out fairly quickly and we know what happened with the green Para2..it was so popular that KW decided to order an additional 400 on top of the 800 they initially ordered and those 400 still sold out in minutes..
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

To be honest they may not be unhappy about how this one turned out. Selling out in seconds just lets you know that you could have asked more for the knife, and although you almost immediately recouped your investment, you left money on the table. At 199 the margin on this one still may be more than the PM2, and they made the people who had to have it first pay for it. I was in that first group, and I still think it's worth the 230 we paid. I would have loved to grab it for 200 of course, but it won't be the first time I didn't pay absolute minimum for a knife I liked.

Also you can't discount unknown factors playing a role. There may have been some unrelated business need that made them want to sell the PM2s in short order. They may just plain be in the position to sit on the Yo2s for a while.
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

I am pretty shocked that they are still around as well. Given how hard it was to find the original Yo 2 in stock anywhere when it first came out, I figured an exclusive like this would be a sure seller. I bet a few years from now, this is going to be a rare classic with a price tag to match.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

RobC2 wrote:I am pretty shocked that they are still around as well. Given how hard it was to find the original Yo 2 in stock anywhere when it first came out, I figured an exclusive like this would be a sure seller. I bet a few years from now, this is going to be a rare classic with a price tag to match.
True, but keep in mind we don't know production numbers. It was equally hard to find PM2s, and it's entirely possible that Golden produces 4x the number of of PM2s to Yo2s. I also thought this would be a monstrously popular exclusive, and I'm also surprised it's lasted this long. I tend to agree with you on the future prediction and it makes me tempted to pick up a back-up in the rare event anything happens to this one. Plus if it ends up being more expensive in the future, buying now is actually an investment, right? I'd be stupid not to do it...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

tvenuto wrote:Plus if it ends up being more expensive in the future, buying now is actually an investment, right? I'd be stupid not to do it...
The logic of a true knife nut. Love it.

@liquid_cobra
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Evil D wrote: I hope not, it just means the flippers aren't jacking up prices on this one yet.
I also hope that this will not discourage Roger. Also slow sale of Yo2 CF/S90V has nothing to do with flippers. Just not sufficient demand for such run.
Evil D wrote: I really would love to see them commission a Manix 2 LW run, maybe S110V with a different color FRN.
To tell the truth I would rather see manix 2LW in steel different than S110V, may be M390. S110 M2 LW is already available.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:watch what happens if they ever do a M4 Para2 or K390 Millie exclusive..I can only hope we see either of those from KW..
IMHO M4 Para or K390 Millie is much better business idea than Yo2 CF/S90V. Any of them probably would be sold in a day or two.
Donut

Post by Donut »

K390 Military (or Manix 2 or Native 5 or Native 5 FRN) sounds nice. :p

You could do M390 Military with a G-10 handle, but Knifeworks likes their CF handles.

What about a S90V Ronin? What about Taiwan sprints in super steel?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
JohnAPA

Post by JohnAPA »

****. I bought 5. Should have waited. Oh, well, they still rule.
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

At the lower price point I am seriously considering a second one.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

bh49 wrote: To tell the truth I would rather see manix 2LW in steel different than S110V, may be M390. S110 M2 LW is already available.
Yeah I don't disagree and I wouldn't mind seeing M390 or 204P in it either. At the same time I'm quite content with S110V and would also be happy with just another color FRN. It's win/win no matter what happens with this model.

Actually now that I think of it...M4...M4 would be my choice steel if they did another steel in the LW.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Evil D wrote:
bh49 wrote: To tell the truth I would rather see manix 2LW in steel different than S110V, may be M390. S110 M2 LW is already available.
Yeah I don't disagree and I wouldn't mind seeing M390 or 204P in it either. At the same time I'm quite content with S110V and would also be happy with just another color FRN. It's win/win no matter what happens with this model.

Actually now that I think of it...M4...M4 would be my choice steel if they did another steel in the LW.
S110V, that's one I'd like to see more of.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

MacLaren wrote:S110V, that's one I'd like to see more of.
At this point the convo derailed a bit and we've started musing over which steel we'd like to see in a manix LW exclusive, were KW to do such an exclusive. Since that's the current steel, people were suggesting others.