The first Spydie I had to have 2 of...............................

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jwh

The first Spydie I had to have 2 of...............................

Post by jwh »

It's just so easy to carry and use. What is it? I just had to have a 2nd Delica 4 FFG. You can see what Spydies I have in my Sig. The Delica will be the only one in duplicate.

Monday I showed great restraint. I went to Denver and had lunch with my son. He works 1 exit away from the Golden exit. I left his office telling him I was headed to the Spydie store. Went the other way to avoid temptation.
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
mley1

Post by mley1 »

The first one I had to have two of was the PM2. I have 3 now. The next was the Military. I now have 2. I am thinking I want another Endura next, may in zdp189. But there are so many I dont have yet, and want to try. So many choices.........
Thanks,

Marty
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

There are 4 that I had to have 2 of. the Native 4, the blue ZDP Stretch 2, the M390 Military and the first run Gayle Bradley. Those are 4 of my favourite Spydercos...I do wish that I had 2 of the CF Michael Walker though.
On the hunt for...
Buddha UK

Post by Buddha UK »

Titanium UKPK x2
Urban x2
Best EDCs available in the UK, so far! :spyder: :D :spyder:
mcjhrobinson

Post by mcjhrobinson »

jwh wrote: Monday I showed great restraint. I went to Denver and had lunch with my son. He works 1 exit away from the Golden exit. I left his office telling him I was headed to the Spydie store. Went the other way to avoid temptation.
Ive been there twice, both times i came home with a knife. i wouldve gone today if they were open...just to "look" :p

congrats on doubling up, im hankering for a blue pm2 (got the brown already).
every man is a variation of yourself. :spyder:
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

PM2. I have a second Tenacious on the way, but I just couldn't pass it up. I got both for $20 a piece. At that price your getting A LOT of knife.
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
DedRok

Post by DedRok »

I bought all the Dragonfly 2s when I bought one.
Spyderco please make a wire clip version of the Manbug/Ladybug!
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

The kind of Flagship models are the Spyderco's that I really like, and have multiples of, besides of course the Manix 2 XL, but as soon as there is a sprint, I'll be adding them as well. My four favorites...

Military

Para 2

Manix 2

Comparison shot:
jwh

Post by jwh »

Thanks folks. It's been interesting seeing what others have duplicates of.
Thanks,

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
Clip

Post by Clip »

I've got two Manix2s, a black/black 154CM that was my EDC and only Spyderco for about a year. Then something snapped in late February this year and I bought one of the CPM-M4s. Loved it, but then went crazy and started buying everything else. The only other knife I've got a duplicate of is the Super Blue Caly 3.5. One as a user, one as a backup. I haven't touched the first Manix2 since, and I kind of feel like I'm neglecting it :)
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
jwh

Post by jwh »

Clip wrote:I've got two Manix2s, I haven't touched the first Manix2 since, and I kind of feel like I'm neglecting it :)
My first Spyderco was a Manix 2 that my son gave me about 10 months ago. It means too much to me to EDC but I carry it when we visit him.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Serveral same models in different steels... Milis, PMs, mules and Calys. Not truely "duplicates" But I have 2 GBs, 2 Dodos, 2 Pikals, 2 Phoenixs, 3 DPUKPKs and 3 Lil'Temps.

The only potential for multis on my radar would be a SB Stretch, should that ever materialize.

Ken
玉鋼
Sapho

Post by Sapho »

I have a Delica from 10 years ago which I use mainly as a EDC. This is the one Spyderco blade I will buy soon as a duplicate. However, right now I am waiting for my first Endura. I am :) so excited.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I used to have 9 bolstered Persians: 5 originals and 4 sprins. Now only four.
I have doubles: 75 mm bolstered Persian, Kopa Coco, Kopa Blue bone, Shabaria CF, VG10 Caly3, Orange Dodo, LeafStorm
jwh wrote: Monday I showed great restraint. I went to Denver and had lunch with my son. He works 1 exit away from the Golden exit. I left his office telling him I was headed to the Spydie store. Went the other way to avoid temptation.
you are the man :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

this is an old pic but i think you get the idea :)

WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

I think I have nine Militaries and PM2's total, all in super-steels. I don't have two of any other model. I like 'em.
sonny
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

The PPT was the first knife I wanted two of but put it off cos I did not have cash,
Then I needed another Para and that I bought and did not care for the cash,
Then I saw a Millie that I wanted to have, and it was a dash to get one
and now I have more knives than I can really use and am strapped again for cash.....

Actually, cash side is okay. Saving up to get two more blades slowly. Funny thing was that I never thought I would really buy two of any version and never really got another PPT which I really like.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

tonydahose wrote:this is an old pic but i think you get the idea :)
Tony,
I really would love to get an idea about your Kopa set. Pictures will be appreciated. Is it over 50?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I feel the same way about the Delica. Carried one in the Army & as a civilian EMT. Currently I have a Tan FFG and the ZDP-189 SE version. Next will probably be the Emerson Wave Delica. Though I am seriously looking at a SE Salt - does it count as a Delica since it's a Delica 3 with a H1 blade? :)
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
jwh

Post by jwh »

Thanks for all of the new post sharing your thoughts and photos.
Thanks,

[/CENTER]