hey guys tell me what you think about this subject

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
stephenhines88

hey guys tell me what you think about this subject

Post by stephenhines88 »

now this i what spyderco sed when i ask them to pass out fliers for them in the Louisville area :( "Thank you for your offer, but we are already well represented in the Louisville, KY area. To find a Spyderco dealer near you, please visit our web site and click on the "Catalog" drop-down menu, then on the "Dealer Locator" link. It will take you to a screen that allows you to input a specific city and state to find dealers in your area." which i think is a bunch of bull cause the closest place to get spyderco knifes from which i didn't even know it existed was a place called heimerdingers cutlery and that it was almost 2 hrs from us and and the other please SHOOTERS SUPPLY & LAW ENFORCEMENT EQUIPMENT and that on the opposite side of town and that's like 3hrs away and there's no kind of central location but it goes to show that they just dnt care what there customers think so yeah so what are yall's thoughts on the subject and how would y'all go about getting the attention of these self centered people.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Jeez...didn't get a free knife, did you?
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Spyderco dealers aren't like supermarkets - at least one in every town (sadly) :D

Also- how old are you out of 100% curiosity
Zenith

what do I think about it...

Post by Zenith »

....Get in you car and drive. Make a road trip of it.

Sorry, but it just sounds like you are complaining about nothing. There are others that are 6hours to a days drive away from any form of knife shop. You can also purchase over the internet.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
Arnis Student

Post by Arnis Student »

You can't please everyone :)
:spyder: Tenacious, Resilience, Manix 2, Para Military 2 :spyder:

Dreaming of a Military, Massad Ayoob, Lion Spy, Yojimbo 2, Szabo Folder :rolleyes:
jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

Three hours across town? Louisville has grown.
Ladybug, Delica x 2, Endura x 2, Military Black, Manix 2 XL, Civilian, Harpy, Caly 3.5 CF ZDP-189, Sage 1
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

stephenhines88 wrote:heimerdingers cutlery and that it was almost 2 hrs from us and and the other please SHOOTERS SUPPLY & LAW ENFORCEMENT EQUIPMENT and that on the opposite side of town and that's like 3hrs away and there's no kind of central location
Heimerdingers and Shooters Supply are less than 3 miles away from each other. And Heimerdingers is less than 12 miles from downtown Louisville. So when you say they are hours away from you and there's no central location I assume you mean that you have no means of transportation. But whatever, use the internet, who buys knives at local shops anyways?

And geez man, try to form distinct sentences. There's enough run-ons in the internet.
All God's critters have knives.
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

He said self centered people... LOL
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

It sounded to me (in your other post), that you were in this for secondary gain. You were asking for a free knife if Spyderco would let you hand out fliers - "in exchange maybe just some of Ur products like Ur lum tanto or a lionspy". Not very classy and I don't blame Spyderco for not wanting you to hand out fliers on their behalf; it's also not good marketing technique. I suggest you take your complaining elsewhere. Spyderco is free to market their products however they want.
Donut

Post by Donut »

I would expect a dealer to drive 2 hours to a show, but going to the show is their choice.

They are far from you, ok. You are judging the store by the name? Not a good way to earn a reputation.

I don't think there is a store in my town that sells Spyderco's, and I just don't go to the knife shows.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

.357 mag wrote:He said self centered people... LOL
Lucky me my dealer is as close as my PC. :D
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

Just to clarify, you asked to advertise for Spyderco in exchange for payment (specific knives mentioned).

You are lucky to have shops that close, some people on this forum would be more than happy to drive the two hours.

My advice is to drop it. You have obviously come up with a flawed business plan and gone about implementing it in a ham-fisted way. Take it as a learning experience and try not to make the same mistakes next time.

Also, the responses you've gotten have been "kind" to say the least. When you walk into someones house and start calling them out, 9 times out of 10 you don't walk out. Your comments about the company, its owner and employees are so far from the truth it is actually laughable. Hang around this forum and you will see. I believe the term is "sour grapes".
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm guessing Spyderco picks their marketing/sales reps pretty discriminately. People know about them so it's not a lack of education and half the dealers probably have drawers of flyers. I get catalogs often from their Internet dealers.

You can't expect to publically interview for a job without astounding credentials and get anything but a polite "no". Many places wouldn't even respond because it could result in a retaliatory second post.

I personally would probably drop it or take to more private means to pursue this business venture. Otherwise the thread getting locked would be the best thing that would happen.
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

For the OP, the thread you originally started was an odd one. Spyderco is a real business, not a Lemonade stand by the neigborhood kids. They have real distributors, retailers and sales reps I'm sure. You wanted to bypass that structure thats both business oriented and legal so you could get a few knives out of the deal without having to drive too far. Thats absurd and absurd that you don't see it as such. I'm not as nice as the Spyderco folks though, I wouldn't have answered your post instead just deleting it for inappropriateness and then I would have deleted your account for calling the company self centered in your second post. No one needs a whiner, especially a rude one.

If it makes you feel better tho, my closest Spyderco retailer is a few miles down the road but only military personal can shop there. Since I'm not in the military I have to drive past said store and head south another two hours to get the next place that sells them. This while living in one of the most densely populated states in the Union known for its never ending rows of stores and malls.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

They were being polite because they could see that you haven't a clue. Drop it.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

jnichols2 wrote:Three hours across town? Louisville has grown.
That's not the best part. Where in Louisville can he be where one store is 2 hours from him and the store on the "other side of town" is 3 hours from him? I've been in Louisville dozens of times; it's not a big city.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sequimite wrote:That's not the best part. Where in Louisville can he be where one store is 2 hours from him and the store on the "other side of town" is 3 hours from him? I've been in Louisville dozens of times; it's not a big city.
Maybe he has to walk because none of the automobile companies took him up on his offer of advertising in return for a free car. ;)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Know what I think you should do?

Go to the top of this page, in the upper right hand corner you see "Log out".......Click that.
Come Join Us Click Here
cckw

Post by cckw »

no manufacturer is interested in flyers being randomly handed out in a random city by a random person. It does not matter if the person can spell simple words or not.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Jeez...didn't get a free knife, did you?
+1. Yeah, like we didn't all think that, eh?

Ken
玉鋼