Is this a good price?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ghost

Is this a good price?

Post by Ghost »

Spyderco Military m390, starting bid is 1890 krona, about $250. Worth it? Got some unexpected money just recently :o .
Should mention that I have no need what so ever for this knife. At this price, it'd be a "nice to have" thing. I'd worry about losing or breaking it, so it'd stay in the safe (which I don't have yet)...
SteelyDan

Post by SteelyDan »

I'm no expert on what M390 Militarys are worth, but a quick look at the first page of Milies on e_ _ _ shows two of them for the "Buy Now" price of $330 & $354. Based on that alone $250 is looking like a good deal!
Dan.
"I would rather wake up in the middle of no where than in any city on earth" (Steve McQueen)

"There are just two things money cannot buy. One is True Love, and the other is Home Grown Tomatoes"
mley1

Post by mley1 »

I think price is definitely in the ballpark. Only you can decide if the price is good for you. I have a cf m390 Millie. And I will say it is one of the nicest blades I have. I have a little more than the price you quoted in mine. It was well worth it to me.
Thanks,

Marty
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Sounds very decent, especially considering that Spyderco knives generally sell for more in Europe than here.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Ghost wrote:Spyderco Military m390, starting bid is 1890 krona, about $250. Worth it? Got some unexpected money just recently :o .
Should mention that I have no need what so ever for this knife. At this price, it'd be a "nice to have" thing. I'd worry about losing or breaking it, so it'd stay in the safe (which I don't have yet)...
Oh, you NEED it alright :) . It's fantastic! I bought 2, so I could have a "spare" in case something happened to my first one.

That does seem like a decent price, I think I paid around $220 plus shipping for mine from KnifeWorks when they were first available?
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
FroOchie

Post by FroOchie »

All you need is food, water and air everything else is a luxury. I'd say up to $350 bucks and you're in the ball park for what others have paid. For me it's physical worth is no more than $200. We all determine worth in different ways tho. If you plan on buying and reselling it and you can get it at the $250 price point you're in great shape to make a few bucks for yourself. If you pay 350 and are going to keep it forever, I don't see much difference in paying extra money if you can afford it and it's within your budget to get what you want. I paid more than I think the knife is "worth" physically, but I'm within where it's "worth" to make me happy I own it. I looked for a few months and the ones I saw sold went anywhere from $260-$315 shipped including the one coming to me.
...I have no knives I keep in a safe but there are one or two that don't leave the house...