Delica 4 Emerson Opener in Canada?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ShermyTheTechy

Delica 4 Emerson Opener in Canada?

Post by ShermyTheTechy »

Hey,
I was just wondering if the Delica 4 Emerson (Wave) is legal in Toronto, Canada?
Thanks
gph

Post by gph »

I hope so because I carry an Endura Wave every day here in Central Ontario. It's the best work knife I've used.

My guess is it's legal because I don't think it falls into any of the restricted categories I've seen.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It is fully legal. However...the trouble with our law is that it is basically a "good reason" law. As long as what you are carrying isn't on the restricted list you are ok, but you had better be able to give a good reason for carrying. And that reason cannot be self defense. Because that implies that you are carrying a weapon, not a tool.
On the hunt for...
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:It is fully legal. However...the trouble with our law is that it is basically a "good reason" law. As long as what you are carrying isn't on the restricted list you are ok, but you had better be able to give a good reason for carrying. And that reason cannot be self defense. Because that implies that you are carrying a weapon, not a tool.
+1 on this explanation. I carry mine occasionally, it is good for opening "pop".
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Completely totally legal.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

Bottle opener for sure.