been subpena'd

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rosconey

been subpena'd

Post by rosconey »

subpena for a traffic accident -
happened 2 years ago -
i guess it doent pay to say you saw anything unless you have a good enough brain to remember things 2 years latter-
heck i dont remember what i had for lunch last monday-

and it pays a whole 23$ to lose a day of work (25hr plus beni)

i told these morons on the phone last year i didnt remeber anything
had a confused memory of the events at best-

best part is if i dont waste my birthday doing this thing i have no recollection about i can be liable - :mad:

read what was on the police report you friggin morons -it was fresh in my mind then
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow man that sucks.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Clip

Post by Clip »

If I were you, I'd buy myself a consolation knife after everything's finished.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Clip wrote:If I were you, I'd buy myself a consolation knife after everything's finished.
For $23, you're lookin at a Kiwi3 maybe???

My dad used to always say: "Civic duty would be called civic candy if it left the taste of candy in your mouth."
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Clip

Post by Clip »

SolidState wrote:For $23, you're lookin at a Kiwi3 maybe???

My dad used to always say: "Civic duty would be called civic candy if it left the taste of candy in your mouth."
**** no, inconvenience and mental suffering is worth at least a GB.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Donut

Post by Donut »

That sucks, if it wasn't 2 years ago... it might have been a good idea to take notes of what you remembered.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Yep that's a pain in the @$$. If they don't let you refresh your memory from your statement to the police then all you can say is "I don't recall". Still stinks to be stuck in the middle of a civil suit though.
:spyder:
Dan
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Aye, that’s a raw deal to be sure. But hey, I suppose you could always just have your MD give you a diagnosis of “recurrent amnesia…”
“Now, what happened two years ago? Hmmmm. I don’t remember guys. You see, I’ve got this diagnosis called recurrent amnesia… Now, what was I saying again?”
Hang in there, guy.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
BAL

Post by BAL »

You won't be able to carry a knife either.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

rosconey wrote: i told these morons on the phone last year i didnt remeber anything
had a confused memory of the events at best-
Maybe you should have told them you were starting to remember that it was completely their client's fault.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

If I were you, I'd go to court dressed like a hobo and start ranting about "our robot overlords." They'd probably let you loose pretty quickly. :rolleyes:

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

phillipsted wrote:If I were you, I'd go to court dressed like a hobo and start ranting about "our robot overlords." They'd probably let you loose pretty quickly. :rolleyes:
This has worked for me, but I wasn't acting.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Maybe this will help. Probably not, but it's the first thing that popped into my head after reading the thread title.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/scfnDtgDSbg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gotta get to the chorus.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Honestly, when you're called up to the witness stand, just tell them what you posted here. It was 2 years ago, you honestly don't remember what took place, and that you told them to check the police report from that day. Don't let me upset you, don't get defensive. Just tell them that in an honest manner. The lawyer who wanted you in court will look like an idiot in front of the jury.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

dsvirsky wrote:Maybe you should have told them you were starting to remember that it was completely their client's fault.
That is a good idea. Call their office, tell them that you don't remember anything, have the sub'p drawn back ans make some gentle menace about how crazy you can make them look in front of a judge.

Thew only reason you got sub'p, is because they can bill it to their client. And their client won't be happy to hear you in court!!!

Good luck

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook