Any Diablo fans in the house? Who bought Diablo 3 today??

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Evil D

Any Diablo fans in the house? Who bought Diablo 3 today??

Post by Evil D »

I just picked it up. It's still installing (over 15gb install!!!!) but i'm so excited. I've only been waiting for this game for something like 12 years i think lol. Gotta love Blizzard and their take your time approach to development, but then all good things take time and i appreciate that they take all the time needed to make good games instead of slopping them out as fast as possible.

I can see my social life taking a back seat for a while lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Haha! Yea I'm tempted. Loved D1 and D2. Shame it's been frickin 12 years huh? :confused:

Looking forward to your thoughts. I'm a bit put-off by clicker dungeon games of the genre but it's certainly an impressive one. I'm thrilled for Guild Wars 2 but could definitely see D3 taking up some time as well.

Best thing: No monthly fee on either. Definitely done with that stuff. :mad:
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Bah, why would you remind me that it's finally out. In no way can I afford that kind of time suck at this point. The plan was to just ignore it at all costs until I reach retirement age in 2050 or so... you've ruined it, guess I have to buy it now...
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

I need a new rig to be able to support D3 :(
Sad because I couldn't manage to play much Starcraft 2 due to obsolete components.

I really miss the good 'ol days of D2 and Starcraft, but nowadays I'd rather buy knives than upgrade my computer components :D . My PC is adequate for daily tasks except gaming :( , Hopefully some day I'll get around to assembling a budget gaming rig to enjoy these great blizzard games.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Sadly I came across that deliema today due to nostalgic value of d2 and Starcraft. I played uswest both servers. Now I need to save on a new rig to devote my sanity to a new game.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Holy stinking cow! I loved that game. :) I played it through several times following my hand surgery back in ’03. I once had a level 74 Sorcerer who was nigh unstoppable. She also had custom armor and weapons too. Good times.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I spent years playing D1 and D2 plus few other RPGs. Need to upgrade my PC to play new games :rolleyes: . All $$ went to :spyder:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Blerv wrote:Haha! Yea I'm tempted. Loved D1 and D2. Shame it's been frickin 12 years huh? :confused:

Looking forward to your thoughts. I'm a bit put-off by clicker dungeon games of the genre but it's certainly an impressive one. I'm thrilled for Guild Wars 2 but could definitely see D3 taking up some time as well.

Best thing: No monthly fee on either. Definitely done with that stuff. :mad:
Spent a lot of sleepless nights on D1 and D2 but yeh, not it's not likely I'm going back to obsessive gaming. :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

So far its really good. One thing I'm concerned about is it doesn't look like the maps are gonna be random for each play through so I'm not sure how that's gonna effect replayability.
~David
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

All the games I play are a decade old - just started Diablo 2 about 18 months ago and am playing Heroes of Might and Magic 2 this morning. This will be my first up to date game.

I pre-orded from New Egg and they shipped on the 14th so I should get it tomorrow. I downloaded and played on the open beta weekend so I hope the download time Thursday won't be too bad.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I got it yesterday but issues with Battlenet is really annoying. I couldn't start playing at all yesterday and finally got about 15 mins of play this morning. Just long enough to know I'm going to lose many hours of sleep.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Saw it and the game guide at Walmart today, but am waiting a little longer before I buy it. :) Big WOW junkie here. Got really sick though in Cataclysm with not being able to consistently get into the "Firelands" content to further upgrade my Paladin (healer).
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

dsmegst wrote:I got it yesterday but issues with Battlenet is really annoying. I couldn't start playing at all yesterday and finally got about 15 mins of play this morning. Just long enough to know I'm going to lose many hours of sleep.

I can't for the life of me understand why it's necessary to be logged into Battle.net for a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. That's the dumbest crap i've ever heard. Steam is one thing but this is BS. I'm only dealing with it long enough for the mod community to come out with a patch to eliminate it. I don't care about online achievements and crap like that and i'm not hardcore enough to go online trading and buying stuff, i just wanna enjoy the game and storyline.
~David