Orange dodo help!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pookiechad

Orange dodo help!!!!!

Post by pookiechad »

This has started a pretty crappy month, found out some stuff about my fiancé so I left for 2 days, when I came home everything was gone except my personal stuff, if that wasn't bad enough her theif of a brother stole my new caly 3.5 and my dragonfly 2, so today I pulled out my orange dodo to admire it's beauty and when I opened it I couldn't close it back, it's stuck open ... It sucks bc I haven't even carried it yet.... Any suggestions???? Thanx!!!!
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

The only advice I can give is, hunt her brother down and get your knives back... :)
pookiechad

Post by pookiechad »

I wish I could, but im now in a custody battle, so I have to behave!!!
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

a picture is worth 1000 words.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Solid means of the Dodo.

Goodluck with the rest!
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Something similar has happened with my Poliwog (exposed BB lock as well) after I had disassembled it for cleaning, I think the springs were sort of out of whack, I got it to close but barely. I took it apart again, found nothing wrong, put it back together and it was working again. Try to look at the bearing and springs closer if u can find something that is blocking the lock from moving back.
Seven

Post by Seven »

mine sticks open now and then too, I was tapping the back of the blade softly and that worked, but I didnt like doing that, what you can do is push ur finger on the actual spring behind the ball bearing some and move it a little to the side, that seems to unstick mine, seems like its in the spring/post not the blade/ballbearing/tang cut out, im glad I fiqured it out on mine rather then returning it, even tho the blade finish wasnt perfect either.
______
Eric.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Consider yourself lucky that you found before marrying the girl...everything else is trivial!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

As hard as it seems right now, I gotta agree with wsdavies. But I hope you get your stuff back.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Art_vandeley

Post by Art_vandeley »

wsdavies wrote:Consider yourself lucky that you found before marrying the girl...everything else is trivial!
Amen!

Try rotating the ball, and pull straight back with some "feel". It takes a while.