Orange Dodo Availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
angusW

Post by angusW »

grewich wrote:Nooooo!!!!!!!! i waited to call the wife and now they're gone. Nooooo!!!!
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to get permission :D

Don't worry. I'm sure one will turn up sooner or later. Good luck.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
grewich

Post by grewich »

Thanks! The hunt will go on....
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

There is a dodo for sale on Amazone - 1 left.
Seven

Post by Seven »

The people I pre ordered with doesnt seem to have an exact date when they will get theirs, or maybe its top secret.
______
Eric.
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

Diesel55 wrote:Thanks for the heads up, IrishSpyder. I was able to snag one before they were gone.
No problem diesel glad you were able to snag one!
35:spyder:
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

One came one the mail today and then got word from kc that my pre order shipped today. Gotta have a replacement ready!
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Wow, those moved out of stock very quickly.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good gravy! It seems that these Dodo's are simply evaporating from every website I visit. :( Either that, or my timing is incredibly poor. (Sorry for the whine. Just had to vent :o ).
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Seven

Post by Seven »

Im waiting to get mine to do any venting, I sure have enuff, as long as its taking.
______
Eric.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I have one on preorder with KC, it shows as in stock, unfortunately I also ordered a Southfork on the same order, and that won't be in for awhile yet, don't know if they will ship a partial order, I may have to call them and see...
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Alright guys, help me calm down. Maybe its a website thing and they are moving it or something, but the Orange Dodo is no longer found on the KC site. I have no notice about the order being in stock, or about the order being canceled. I am done with those people if this turns out to be their typical BS that I have read about from other forum members. Someone help me to maintain my sanity!

Ok ok, took a long breath and decided to call. I placed my order with them 12/20/11. The customer service rep informed me that he just pulled the dodo from the site 30 minutes ago and it was to ensure he didn't run out of blades before he completed his orders. He said the blades were arriving to them in batches of "small double digit" quantities and that my order should be filled and shipped soon. He said that if he gets a surplus of the Dodos, he will repost the link to buy on the site.
I don't know how this affects some of you whom may have placed your pre-order in 2012. Just FYI!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Clip

Post by Clip »

Looks like the Dodo is extremely popular around here. Looks like a top performer, I kind of want one now.

I've seen it advertised on Bentoboxshop for $199. A premium but I guess if people are wanting it bad enough, there's an option.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Seven

Post by Seven »

Dont think ill be "pre ordering" anymore as ive had a bunch of chances to get the same knife other places but still waiting on my dealer.
______
Eric.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Seven wrote:Dont think ill be "pre ordering" anymore as ive had a bunch of chances to get the same knife other places but still waiting on my dealer.
Same :(
Seven

Post by Seven »

Spyderco tweeted last Wednesday that there was a bunch being shipped out, altho my dealer said no exact date.
______
Eric.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

KC just sent me a shipment notification. Yay! They are only a state away, so hopefully it comes tomorrow!
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Seven wrote:Spyderco tweeted last Wednesday that there was a bunch being shipped out, altho my dealer said no exact date.
Well that's good news!
quattrokid73 wrote:KC just sent me a shipment notification. Yay! They are only a state away, so hopefully it comes tomorrow!
As is that!

I'm still with you though. With the exception of a single dealer selling a lot of exclusives (ie: Cutleryshoppe with the orange Para2) I don't think I'll be so rabid to jump on-board.

Checking the forum 10 times a day has it's benefits. In this case like you said we could be flicking them already.
PGeo00

Post by PGeo00 »

Got the email for payment of my preorder from Howe's... woo hoo.
Email said they are expecting stock on Friday, so you guys may want to check their website on Friday.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I just got an email from Rocky National stating that my order is not being filled. It may be if they get some more in, maybe next week. Ugh.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I pre-ordered from KC on 12/12 and received another "still backordered" email today. I'm confident I'll get one, I just hope they get a decent size batch in soon.
:bug-red-white