Spyderfly polished handles

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
ls1mtz

Spyderfly polished handles

Post by ls1mtz »

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or attempted to polish the handles on a Spyderco Spyderfly? I currently have the rainbow and both standard versions (vg10 and 440c) and I was thinking about attempting to polish the handles on one of the standards. If I got it to come out to a mirror finish I think it would look pretty nice.
Slash

Post by Slash »

ls1mtz wrote:I was wondering if anyone has ever seen or attempted to polish the handles on a Spyderco Spyderfly? I currently have the rainbow and both standard versions (vg10 and 440c) and I was thinking about attempting to polish the handles on one of the standards. If I got it to come out to a mirror finish I think it would look pretty nice.
Sounds pretty kool. I recently placed an order for a $600+ custom bali and had a choice of mirror handles. But, I went with stonewashed instead. I think mirror handles would show to much wear and I try to make it a habit of using most of my knives.
good luck and post some pics if you go through with it.
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

A real mirror polish is quite a challenge. Something like a nice satin finish (finishing with 500-1000 grit) is much better, it shows scratches less and is easier to do. :)
Also, all the little nooks and crannies will be a PITA to refinish if you want to go that far.