sprint run on Stretch 2 with leaf shape blade?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Deacon wrote:No problem with the tip, Sal. As you said, I can always find someone to make one pointier for me to carry. VG-10 would be fine. So would ATS-34, GIN-1, AUS-8, or any other halfway decent steel as long as it's stainless. As for FRN color, I think tan like the OIF/OEF Natives would be superb. Either the brown or the green used on the FFG Delica and Endura would also be good.
If this knife comes out in tan FRN with a decent steel, i'll buy it. I've been waiting for more tan knifes to match my work khakis.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
tap78

Post by tap78 »

I would like to see a stretch 2 FRN in different colors and more exotic steel and in modified blade shape... and I have my vision about how it shoud look like :) Thats my prototypes created in photoshop - original photo credited to GARY (http://www.garysdigitalphotography.com)

wmcbride

Post by wmcbride »

52100 would be amazing and a production folder first-time-ever. I saw some Japanese made kitchen knives in it so sourcing it is plausible.

Think about it. It would be magnificent in this platform.
Prospero

Post by Prospero »

tap78 wrote:I would like to see a stretch 2 FRN in different colors and more exotic steel and in modified blade shape... and I have my vision about how it shoud look like :) Thats my prototypes created in photoshop - original photo credited to GARY (http://www.garysdigitalphotography.com)

Those last two versions really look nice. Great work...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

tap78 wrote:I would like to see a stretch 2 FRN in different colors and more exotic steel and in modified blade shape... and I have my vision about how it shoud look like :) Thats my prototypes created in photoshop - original photo credited to GARY (http://www.garysdigitalphotography.com)

Those first 5 are such a nice blade shape I could hug you. I love the Stretch how it is, but I'd love that, too! 3 and 4 are beautiful. Oh, and welcome to the forum!

- best wishes, Jazz.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Great knives. I guess it's just me, but a Stretch is a thing. It's shape is integral to it's essence. I'm not in favor of calling a different knife a Stretch.

Ken
玉鋼
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

kbuzbee wrote:Great knives. I guess it's just me, but a Stretch is a thing. It's shape is integral to it's essence. I'm not in favor of calling a different knife a Stretch.

Ken
+1
On the hunt for...
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

kbuzbee wrote:Great knives. I guess it's just me, but a Stretch is a thing. It's shape is integral to it's essence. I'm not in favor of calling a different knife a Stretch.

Ken
I agree. It should have a different name and not be replaced. It's a great knife.

- best wishes, Jazz.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Jazz wrote:I agree. It should have a different name and not be replaced. It's a great knife.

- best wishes, Jazz.
IIRC Sal has said that this wouldn't be a replacement...just something that ran along side the existing Stretch...but I still say that a Stretch is known as a Stretch because od the blade shape and should stay that way.
On the hunt for...
eidah

Post by eidah »

A white frn one with elmax would be nice.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

would love to maybe see the brown from the countycomm ladybug used:

In omnia paratus
PocketZen

Post by PocketZen »

wmcbride wrote:52100 would be amazing and a production folder first-time-ever. I saw some Japanese made kitchen knives in it so sourcing it is plausible.

Think about it. It would be magnificent in this platform.
52100 production folder deserves it's own thread.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Super Blue in FRN sounds great.
osodavis

Post by osodavis »

If you change the blade shape, it is no longer a Stretch, it's some new model, so it should have a totally different name. I really do want to see some Stretch sprints, however, especially one with a G-10 handle, & some different steels (CTS-XHP, Elmax, M4, maybe?), maybe even a compression lock version. Sal, can you guys possibly work on some Sprints like that instead of dicking with an already awesome design & blade shape? That would be awesome, I've been wanting a G-10 version forever, but any new Stretch sprints would be awesome!
osodavis

Post by osodavis »

Ok, I didn't read the whole thread, so I didn't see that only the Japanese steels are in play. Bummer. In that case, I actually think the two steels it already comes in (VG-10 & ZDP) are the best choices. Just don't muck with the blade shape please! If a G-10 version comes out with a different blade shape, I will be PISSED! It's a classic, & it's a beautiful, functional shape, don't mess with it, pleeeeeeeease!
osodavis

Post by osodavis »

Prospero wrote:It seems there's a lot of resistance to changing the charateristic blade shape. Having said that, if the blade shape were to remain the same, my ideas for a sprint would be based off the carbon fiber platform, not the FRN. Briefly:

1. Foliage Green G10 w/ VG10 blade to match Delica, Endura, Dragonfly versions.
2. Gray G10 (or Blue G10) w/ Super Blue steel (I know people have been clamoring for more Super Blue, just not sure this is the model to do it).

Bolsters are interesting idea. Not sure how much they will add to the cost....
Yessss! This +1,000,000!!!!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The orange and black model is da' bomb.

TedP
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

tap78 wrote:I would like to see a stretch 2 FRN in different colors and more exotic steel and in modified blade shape... and I have my vision about how it shoud look like :)
Nice work, but I don't think the wharnie and near-wharnie blade shapes would work. The backspacer follows the curve of the Stretch's edge rather closely so I don't see how the handle could accommodate them.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

tap78
Now that's what I'm talking about :eek:
They look great.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

This one's for me.