Shout out to Spyderco Customer service

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rg02

Shout out to Spyderco Customer service

Post by rg02 »

i just want to let everyone know that Charlynn in Spyderco's customer service department is awesome! She has helped me a couple of times and I want to say thank you! Recently, my idiot self bent the lanyard tube on my Gayle Bradley when i took it apart to clean it(dumb i know). I contacted her to see if she could help. She informed me that taking it apart voided the warranty and unfortunately she had no spare part for the GB since it wasnt made in Golden. Soon after, she contacted me when a GB came in on warranty (few and far between on the GB) and she removed the perfectly functioning lanyard tube and shipped it to me for free! She is absolutely awesome and Spyderco has earned a lifelong customer in me for life! Platinum 5 star customer service! Thank you!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

This seems like the majority of comments and with good reason, she and Spyderco have always treated me great and bend over backwards.
bc

Post by bc »

Agreed. I sent in one of my Mule's with a sheath made by Scott Gere. She contacted me stating the sheath was a little loose, contacted Scott, and he re-fitted the Kydex sheath. WOW. Completely out of the realm of what Spyderco had to do! It really didn't even involve Spyderco, but she went out of her way to make it right.

Quite possibly the BEST customer service of any US company. The best.
Slash

Post by Slash »

imo Charlynn should get a raise. going above and beyond to help you with your knife is first class. I only hope I get the same cs if/when I need help with something.
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
i've only had to deal with customer service two times, once back in the late 90's, and again just last week.
i had to send my first :spyder: back, a fs frn d1, because it became very sluggish when opening and closing. i washed and lubed the knife several times to no avail.
upon it's return from colorodo, it worked just like a brand new knife, smooth as glass.
my second experience with c.s. concerned my centofante 1 that i bought at a local flea market.
somehow i managed to loose one of the clip screws, the old style phillips head.
i emailed charlynn to see if they had the screws in stock.
the next day she replied and said they didn't have those screws in stock any more, but would be glad to send me the appropriate torx fasteners.
i replied and said i would like to keep the knife original, but i would take the torx as a quick fix.
she replied once again and said she would look around and try to find the old style screws and send them if she was successful.
i haven't received her package yet, but i'm sure she'll fix me up one way or another.
i am very appreciative of her concern and willingness to help.
made me feel all warm inside. :D
a big thanks to charlynn for all her help!
another reason spyderco is the best knife company around!
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

I'll chime in here and vouch again! The very FEW times I've needed it, Spyderco CS has always been 100%, just like everything else from them!

Davy

Wanted to add that the FEW times I needed them it was always my own fault!
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
just to update.
i received an email from charlynn today, and she apologized for the delay in sending out my screws.
she had originally said they didn't stock the original phillips head screws that came on my centofante 1, and would send me a set of torx that would work on my knife.
todays email informed me that she was sending a set of both torx and phillips screws, just to make sure i could replace my one lost screw.
she went out of her way to accommodate me, and make sure i was a happy camper.
i'd like to thank her for her time and concern!
this just reinforces again the fact that spyderco is the leader in this industry and holds it's customers in the highest regard.
spyderco customer service rocks!!!!
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Yeah, Charlynn is the best. I sent my knives to get sharpen, and instead of putting 5$ American dollars I put in 10 Canadian dollars(I know stupid huh). A few weeks and several emails later, I got my knives back at no extra charge! Thank you Charlynn and Spyderco!
:spyder:Delica 4 PE, Tenacious PE, SS Cricket PE, Bayshooter Wave Endura.
WISHLIST: Southfork