We're back.... Report Issues Here!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

Jay_Ev wrote:I bet you didn't see the black text on that very same bar :)
Nope. Not until you mentioned it and I highlighted the bar. :)

Still no edit tools or emotes, btw.
Owl45

Post by Owl45 »

RIOT wrote:not a fan sorry and its very hard to see threads on the iphone.
BladeForums is using the nearly the same version of vBulletin (4.1.9) and there is an option to add various layouts.
Option is located at the bottom of a forum page, if that helps Kristi or others figure it out.
"Mobile" is one of the options, which might help phone users.
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

I have this as my old bookmarked link - http://spyderco.com/forums/index.php

I log in, and click remember me etc etc.

I browse with no problems, exit, and click the same link posted above and it shows that I'm logged off. I have to click to a thread then it'll show that I'm logged in.

Not a very big problem; just a noticeable bug.

I kind of miss having the really compact forum. My eyes just aren't set on reading the longer lines. I'm too spoiled.
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

How do you post pics in the new system? I did it in the old system.
Thanks
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I see smilies in posts but don't see how to find them. Can somebody help me?

Thanks for putting the start date under the thread title with the OP's name.
O,just,O

Why ?

Post by O,just,O »

What was wrong ? Why did we need this ?
O.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Sometimes I click to move the cursor to a place in my post as I'm typing and it won't go there. I'll try to use the arrow keys to move to that spot and the cursor will jump over several characters to land on another character. This is a pretty significant issue because it prevents editing my typoos. lol Still can't find smilies.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I don't see where it notifies me if I have PMs at the top of the page.

Jack

I think I found it under notifications. Maybe when I get a PM it will notify me.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

What is a group message?

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I think there are various things that are better for some people. An example for me is I like that the start date of a thread is now visible along with the OP's name before opening a thread. This may preven people (including me) from replying to an old thread thinking it is a new one. Obviously, I wasn't paying attention when I did that but this should make it easier.

But, like you I think the forum was pretty nice before. Once we get used to the new "look" we will probably forget about it. Getting used to change is always a little awkward for me. Plus, there are some things (kinks) they are still working out I guess.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I see "auto saved" appear every so often in the bottom right hand of my screen. That is great if it is what I think it is. I have lost a lot of typing due to accidents in the past. If my post is being saved and I need to access the saved data how do I do it?

Jack
PS
I'm noticing a lot of different things now.
sander

Post by sander »

It would be nice to limit the horizontal size of the messages area (like on the old forum). As it is it resizes to the screen width and is a pain to read.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Are you using a computer or something else? My PC display is the same size it was before. I wonder if the new update will be the same on the different brousers people have on their phones and other devices. Just thinking.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

jackknifeh wrote:Are you using a computer or something else? My PC display is the same size it was before. I wonder if the new update will be the same on the different brousers people have on their phones and other devices. Just thinking.

Jack
test, just ignore.
THE PUNISHER

Post by THE PUNISHER »

it will seams better,it takes time..

my avatar is mia.
<--------------------<<<< >>>>-------------------->
GREAT ENERGY ~ AWESOME VIBES
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Cscoop wrote:How do you post pics in the new system? I did it in the old system.
Thanks
If you're hosting them somewhere, rather than posting them as attachements, you need to supply the vBulletin tags and image URL yourself like this [ CENTER ][ IMG ]http://paulberetta.com/images/external/ ... wi_03s.jpg[ /IMG ][ /CENTER ] only without the spaces between the [] and the tag names...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
jackknifeh wrote:I see smilies in posts but don't see how to find them. Can somebody help me?

Thanks for putting the start date under the thread title with the OP's name.
Again, you have to know the vBulletin codes for them.
Omit the spaces and the + sign and ; + ) = ;) : + D = :D and : + spyder + : = :spyder:
O,just,O wrote:What was wrong ? Why did we need this ?
O.
IIRC, the old version of vBulletin is no longer supported, which means potential serious issues when other software gets upgraded. That could include anything from server OS to the database, to the site software itself.
sander wrote:It would be nice to limit the horizontal size of the messages area (like on the old forum). As it is it resizes to the screen width and is a pain to read.
And the old version was a total waste of screen real estate for those of us who run large widescreen monitors. 800 X 600 hasn't been the de-facto screen size for nearly a decade.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Thanks for the hard work Kristi, my only request would be ----- Could you change the font size for the poster/user names, it is a bit hard to see at a glance who posted what.

Thanks
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

The avatar picture is limited to 50 x 50 pixels. Is that why they aren't being displayed? The signature pictures are working. They are 500 x 100 pixels. Or 19.5 MB on both.

Jack
Donut

Post by Donut »

Just now, when I click on the Spyderco forum, it is putting a www. infront of my URL, so it thinks I am logged out from being on a different website.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Donut wrote:Just now, when I click on the Spyderco forum, it is putting a www. infront of my URL, so it thinks I am logged out from being on a different website.
Mine puts a www. in front of the url also but it doesn't matter. When I open a new window or tab I'm still logged into the Spyderco forum if I was before in another window. I use IE.

One thing is wierd for me. It started this morning which is the first time I used the new forum. It shouldn't and probably doesn't have anything to do with the new forum but my "remember me" feature on all sites has forgotten me. lol

Jack