Lionspy Update

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mikerestivo

Lionspy Update

Post by mikerestivo »

This came from Sal today via another forum, for those of you counting the moments until the Lionsply release:

We got an update at the show last week. Apparently there was a glitch in the machining of the titanium scales and time was lost. We're expecting to receive a small shipment in a few weeks and we can begin shipping shortly. thanx much for your patience.
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

That's great news! I did some looking and all the places have this knife over $300. I could have sworn I saw this listed some, reputable, place for mid $200. Am I wrong?
:spyder:Sage 1, Gayle Bradley, Camo Para 2, All black Para 2, "Smurf" Para 2, Orange Para2, Lionspy:spyder:

Green Para 2 on pre order
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

After what feels like an eternity, the Lionspy is really going to be released?! Time to start saving up for that sucka! :D
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Alchemy1 wrote:That's great news! I did some looking and all the places have this knife over $300. I could have sworn I saw this listed some, reputable, place for mid $200. Am I wrong?
The cheapest place would likely be Cutlery Shoppe, which would run $280 if their regular 44% off MSRP holds.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Anybody have any new news on this?!? Preordered one from GPknives and I'm extremely freakin anxious! New to the forums, long time SpyderFreak, recent collector.... Thanks y'all
Slash

Post by Slash »

Bababooey13 wrote:Anybody have any new news on this?!? Preordered one from GPknives and I'm extremely freakin anxious! New to the forums, long time SpyderFreak, recent collector.... Thanks y'all
I don't know the actual date lionspy sent them or which shipping method they used. But, they're either on a boat or plane heading to golden.
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Thanks, never been this excited over a blade..... Just got a raise at work too, it's a freakin SIGN I tell ya! Hah!
**** is where we walk and heaven is what we make of it......

:spyder: Shhhtuff :D = CF Balance, LeafStorm, Phoenix, RockLobster, Lum Tanto "grey sprint", Police, Kiwi, bug :-P, CF Shabaria, Navaja, Yojimbo 2, PTT, Khukuri, SubHilt Vallotton
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Wonder "since it's so close to final release" if Sal can shed some light on whether or not the glass breaker is still on the knife, and what else comes with the knife, ie wood box "like LionSteel models" and/or at least tools to make adjustments.... Sal! If you're reading, please RESPOND! Lol... If anyone else has insight, please jump in!

:spyder: Shhhtuff :D = CF Balance, LeafStorm, Phoenix, RockLobster, Lum Tanto "grey sprint", Police, Kiwi, bug :-P, CF Shabaria, Navaja, Yojimbo 2, PTT, Khukuri, SubHilt Vallotton
Slash

Post by Slash »

Bababooey13 wrote:Wonder "since it's so close to final release" if Sal can shed some light on whether or not the glass breaker is still on the knife, and what else comes with the knife, ie wood box "like LionSteel models" and/or at least tools to make adjustments.... Sal! If you're reading, please RESPOND! Lol... If anyone else has insight, please jump in!
it comes with both.
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Wow! Really? Where did you hear this is you don't mind me asking? That's outstanding news dude!

Slash

Post by Slash »

Bababooey13 wrote:Wow! Really? Where did you hear this is you don't mind me asking? That's outstanding news dude!
I thought i read it somewere. Just can't remember where. Hope I'm right.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

The LionSpy will ship with our Spyderco Zipper Case (http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=109) and a tool to adjust the pivot and clip will be included.

Hope this helps!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Bababooey13 wrote:Wonder "since it's so close to final release" if Sal can shed some light on whether or not the glass breaker is still on the knife
Taz answered the other points but as to the glass breaker I thought I remembered that it would not be on there. Checking the photo review by Brian of Country Knives (hope that name is right) the clip retaining screw is flat on top unlike the glass breaker on the SR-1.

Hah, this may be silly but the zip case may push me off the fence on this one.

Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

I remember I saw a video on youtube with the review, IIRC from Amsterdam show, but I can`t find it anymore. Did anyone else see it, and if yes where. I was really on the fence on preordering it, but caved today and put down a deposit.
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

I'm gonna hope and assume that even if there's no glass breaker, that the SR-1's glass breaker can "maybe" be installed. Just wondering how available they may be.... As for the zipper case "LMFAO" it's all good, I was assuming the knife would not come with that wood SR-1 box anyway, so the pouch is an extra... Thanks for the feedback y'all. Just wish Sal would chime in and finalize some of what I'm gearing and saying hah!

Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Is it a timing coincidence or is the Elmax Mule made by Lion and coming over in the same shipment as the Lionspy?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

Just got a message on twitter saying we should have good LionSpy news tonight! StandBy......

Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

Sequimite wrote:Is it a timing coincidence or is the Elmax Mule made by Lion and coming over in the same shipment as the Lionspy?
Good question!
Bababooey13

Post by Bababooey13 »

LionSpy is now available through spyderco! Now just wait for the dealers.... :D

Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

That's great but expensive news. Hope I hear from the people I pre-ordered from soon.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//