Denver Broncos Knife

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Last time I had any interest in professional football was back in the days of Joe Namath. Don't think there's a single player today that I could name. As Sequimite noted, the team/NFL would definitely want a piece of the action and I wouldn't pay a penny extra for a knife "branded" for a team of which I was never a fan.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
markg

Post by markg »

A major competitor of Spyderco has a service where you can build a custom version of one particular knife. You can mix and match scales and handle colors, steels, blade finishes, etc.

If the Endura and Delica were made in Golden that could be a possibility, however given they are made in Japan, I don't see it happening.
Slash

Post by Slash »

markg wrote:A major competitor of Spyderco has a service where you can build a custom version of one particular knife. You can mix and match scales and handle colors, steels, blade finishes, etc.

If the Endura and Delica were made in Golden that could be a possibility, however given they are made in Japan, I don't see it happening.
sure it could. manufacture the parts. ship them to usa. get an order. assemble the knife. ship it out. now that's edge-u-cation.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Slash wrote:If orange and blue was so "goofy" why would they constantly sell out?

Look at blue manix 2 sprint and see how much they go for now, or how fast the orange para 2 sold out.
They sell orange and blue with regular blades yes. I highly doubt that people would buy a mixed scale model or one with a coated colored blade.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
angusW

Post by angusW »

Slash wrote:I thought it would only be fitting as Spyderco's headquarters is located in Golden, Colorado, USA, Earth. That they make a knife, para 2 or such with broncos blue scales and orange coated blade. Maybe even orange on one side, blue the other?

They did have a decent year and I don't know anyone who hasn't heard about Tebowing. :)
-F1 wrote:To the extent that you know me, consider me the first.
I'm second.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies