# of Cally 3.5 super blue in sprint run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rondv

# of Cally 3.5 super blue in sprint run

Post by rondv »

Just curious about the number of knifes in this run. I'm fairly new to Spyderco and see some sprint runs sold out (orange para 2 at CS) before production. I still see dealers with the Cally 3.5 Super Blue for sale. Thanks!

Ron
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

600 calys iirc

The sprints you see selling out are preordered before retail.
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

Also, imo, even though Super Blue is a great steel, it's probable that many are passing on this sprint because it's not stainless, .

That may explain why it isn't selling out. Of course, I'm just speculating!
:spyder: Kiwi 4, Jester, Ladybug, Southard, Junior, Southfork, Chaparral, SpyderSaw, CF S90V PM2, Dfly G-10, PM1 :spyder:
webmaster | sharpthings.net
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I really want one of these. I love some of the patina photos people have posted. Super Blue looks awesome with a Patina. I just can't get into the grey G10. It's just not my cup of tea and it gets dirty so easy. I know it can be cleaned, but I don't really want to clean it.
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

jtoler_9 wrote:I really want one of these. I love some of the patina photos people have posted. Super Blue looks awesome with a Patina. I just can't get into the grey G10. It's just not my cup of tea and it gets dirty so easy. I know it can be cleaned, but I don't really want to clean it.
So dye it, it's easy, see my sig.
:spyder: Kiwi 4, Jester, Ladybug, Southard, Junior, Southfork, Chaparral, SpyderSaw, CF S90V PM2, Dfly G-10, PM1 :spyder:
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

nightburn wrote:So dye it, it's easy, see my sig.
It's impossible to remove the scales from the liners and lock assembly with the Caly though. That kind of worries me, putting all of that in hot water for 30 minutes.
nightburn

Post by nightburn »

Yea, that's a bummer with the pinned construction, however, I'm sure it would be fine. People have done it. Use compressed air and a hair dryer afterwards to thoroughly dry everything off.
HighDesertSpyder

Survey Says...

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

The actual production number per a Spyderco employee is 700. I emailed them in early Septmeber 2011 and even they had a little difficulty answering this question. :spyder:
:spyder:74:spyder:
rondv

Post by rondv »

Thanks guys! I guess I have one on the way; I hit the submit payment and confirm button today. :eek:

Ron
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Don't forget to send pics when you get it. :)
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

D1omedes wrote:It's impossible to remove the scales from the liners and lock assembly with the Caly though. That kind of worries me, putting all of that in hot water for 30 minutes.
this means nothing; you can put the whole knife in and you don't have to dye for 30 mins. It doesn't take long to dye. Also you can remove the blade. and blow out the knife really well after dying.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point